Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT: Motlop (rest), Durdin (rest), Kennedy (rest), Newnes
IN: Weitering, Owies, Dow, Setterfield

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman
HB: Docherty Young Saad
C: Walsh Cerra O'Brien
HF: Honey C.Curnow Fisher
FF: JSOS McKay Owies

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: Dow, Setterfield, Cottrell, Kemp

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

Dow at a lot of centre bounces

Setterfield on ball, Walsh further out

Too many players playing way below 75% minutes.

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

West Coast are getting their best team together and it is over there. Do you really think a team battling to make the 8, let alone the top 4, is in a position to rest players? Especially Motlop and Kennedy who were two of our best tonight. Mots also playing in his home state.

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

Why are we resting players coming off a poor loss with an 8 day break? Particularly 2 who were amongst our best. We deserve to lose if we do that.

Why are we resting players coming off a poor loss with an 8 day break? Particularly 2 who were amongst our best. We deserve to lose if we do that.

Jimmae just graduated from the Eddie McGuire school of weekly ideas.

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

9 days is enough rest. Motlop shouldn’t be dropped.

Out: Newnes, Honey
In: Weiterbot, Hayes

Out: Newnes Honey Durdin
In: Weitering Owies Martin

Martin is lucky but Honey has provided very little and don't feel we can play all of Durdin, Motlop, Owies and Fisher as none are good above their head.

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

Motlop? good luck with that. Durdin will stays in, same as Kennedy. Newnes wasn't one of our worst

Weitering comes in, Dow won't

FB:
Plowman Weitering Newman

Kemp FP/HF/stoppages

Can’t see Kennedy being rested he was good tonight. There’s no way Honey will stay in for Owies unless Durdin isn’t right.

Could see Weitering coming in for the Plow who moves to the sub spot.

West Coast are getting their best team together and it is over there. Do you really think a team battling to make the 8, let alone the top 4, is in a position to rest players? Especially Motlop and Kennedy who were two of our best tonight. Mots also playing in his home state.
Maybe, maybe you can use that to justify Motlop, but we need to shake things up so that we can come home strong.

I'll back that my suggested line-up gives us an outside spark that Dow and Setterfield can feed off at the stoppages. Durdin will come straight back in.
9 days is enough rest. Motlop shouldn’t be dropped.

Out: Newnes, Honey
In: Weiterbot, Hayes
3 players missing 40-45 minutes of the game is not acceptable. Call it a rest, call it sending a message that we can't carry players who don't average less than 75% game time.

Has to change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, maybe you can use that to justify Motlop, but we need to shake things up so that we can come home strong.

I'll back that my suggested line-up gives us an outside spark that Dow and Setterfield can feed off at the stoppages. Durdin will come straight back in.

3 players missing 40-45 minutes of the game is not acceptable. Call it a rest, call it sending a message that we can't carry players who don't average less than 75% game time.

Has to change.

You haven't been close in any week with your suggested changes

Because none of them could even hit 70% game time while the opposition was almost 3 down on the bench in the last quarter.

Has to change.
I think you are way over thinking the TOG stats. Every team has guys that have lower TOG. In the case of Kennedy it is clearly tactical.

I think you are way over thinking the TOG stats. Every team has guys that have lower TOG. In the case of Kennedy it is clearly tactical.
When we run out of gas in final quarters against better endurance teams, the tactics should be re-thought.

Durdin fell out of the game and needs a rest, Motlop should not be carried if he's going to be on the pine for 45 minutes a game playing as a forward.

I thought the group had come of age last week. A few regressed today.

Newnes just about had me, does not absorb real pressure well enough. On current availability, Stocker in for mine. Newnes LOB and Cotts are all flawed. Cotts and LOB do a job using their “wheels” and are viable for the future. All three do not survive in the one team for mine. We have seen the best of Newnes, Cotts and LOB still have upside.

Kemp > Plowman. Therefore Weiters for Plow. I want more proactive than reactive defenders, with Kemp third tall, give me Stocker in front of Plowman for the small/mediums.

Fisher worries me, great last week. A bit of hot potato today again, can be muscled out of the game. Cerra was poor tonight, but needs to be in the guts creating space with his kicks. Was a fish out of water tonight, creating a role for the other Fish. That was ordinary coaching. Both survive, but roles modified and on notice.

Small forwards all did some good things. Great cameos from Honey, but drifted out on occasion, Durds good bar poor composure around goal, which he has to address. Motlop stepped up dramatically going better in the ones than he did in the twos. Keeper. Owies comes back if fit, Honey the unlucky one for mine.

Bam Bam and JSOS both playing sore. Unfortunately Jack needs to soldier on with no relief in sight unless we prematurely blood big Mirkov. Sooner or later Kennedy will need a blow, with a toss up between Dow and Carroll to replace him unless we want to give Cerra and Fisher the inside minutes and include Hayes in the wing rotations.

Weitering, Stocker and Owies for Plowman, Newnes and (unlucky) Honey. (With a long flight, happy if this is Bam Bam/Chugga’s managed game) If he has done the work, don’t mind if Martin is the sub, otherwise Plow.

Owies back 100%, no doubts about it. Durdin has been quiet for a while and honey has done sfa. Id keep honey (as much to keep Martin out ) and give durdin a spell and see how he responds

Amazing cerra plays such a s**t game but those who would demand dow be dropped for a similar performance won't want cerra dropped.....

Still waiting for him to hit a target by foot.....at least 50% of the time.....

Think we need stocker in as a replacement for boyd and Newnes back to wing or vfl.

Weitering back for plowman.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
That's because Cerra has played 6-8 games this year better then Dow has in his whole career. He has runs on the board. Cant be dropping your guns if they have the odd bad game. He looked underdone snd shouldn't have played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back