Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might as well drop LOB since his kicking into the corridor cost us 2 goals.
Maybe......I've said players like LOB and Cottrell are two bad games away from being dropped

Cerra was putrid, not saying he will be dropped but it definetly shouldn't be impossible

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
This is why I've not called O'Briens kicking elite yet.

He definitely can hit excellent kicks, more than most of others on our list, but he can also butcher it. That inconsistency stops him from being elite. He has elite kicking potential but his output is inconsistent and always has been. Also question the length of his kicks. He seems to be a 50m - maybe 55m at absolute max - kick and that's about it. A few set shots from on or around 50 he's really arced and played on and still has only just made the 50. Feel like an elite kick would be kicking 55 without too much issue.

Not agreeing with him being dropped fwiw just pointing out that he's not quite an elite kick yet imo.

He definitely can hit excellent kicks, more than most of others on our list, but he can also butcher it. That inconsistency stops him from being elite. He has elite kicking potential but his output is inconsistent and always has been. Also question the length of his kicks. He seems to be a 50m - maybe 55m at absolute max - kick and that's about it. A few set shots from on or around 50 he's really arced and played on and still has only just made the 50. Feel like an elite kick would be kicking 55 without too much issue.

Not agreeing with him being dropped fwiw just pointing out that he's not quite an elite kick yet imo.
Wasn't Sam Mitchell considered an elite kick? Both feet, rarely missed, couldn't kick over a bus.

Wasn't Sam Mitchell considered an elite kick? Both feet, rarely missed, couldn't kick over a bus.
Geez, don't know about that. Could hit 50m passes on both feet.

Only guy I've ever seen do it on either foot where you couldn't really tell which one was his favoured side.

Geez, don't know about that. Could hit 50m passes on both feet.

Only guy I've ever seen do it on either foot where you couldn't really tell which one was his favoured side.
Heath Scotland says hi ...

He was good on both but I wouldn't have said he was quite on Sammy's level. Being able to do it in the middle of a pack was incredible.
Mightn't have been as skilled overall as Sam but in terms of comfortability and consistency of skill using either foot he was right there.

Left or right didn't matter to either of them, both feet were as good as the other.

He was good on both but I wouldn't have said he was quite on Sammy's level. Being able to do it in the middle of a pack was incredible.

You were talking about kicking over distance and not being able to tell which was the preferred. Heath was as good as anyone at executing in such a manner.

Ryan Houlihan says hi

Ummm, I wasn't saying that there was no-one better, that was Jatz's thing. But having said that, I'm not sure Ryan was as good on his non-preferred. He certainly was a super kick on his preferred though.

The thing about so called elite kicks from other team is that they make also many mistakes if you watch them consistently.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not the right thread, but want to take my dad to his first ever footy game. I'm a Carlton member, but he's not and with no guest passes I have to buy 2 general admission tickets correct? What are the chances seats will be available given reserved seating and all?

Maybe not the right thread, but want to take my dad to his first ever footy game. I'm a Carlton member, but he's not and with no guest passes I have to buy 2 general admission tickets correct? What are the chances seats will be available given reserved seating and all?
I'm presuming you mean this week? Worth giving the club a call? Or try the WA Carlton Supporters Club.

supporters@wablues.com
wasupportergroup@carltonfc.com.au

The way the eagles supporters have been turning up this year you should be able to pick up a few GA tickets pretty easily.

Of the 2 I'd keep Honey in.

Durdin has fallen away substantially since early season. His pressure especially.

long season, young bloke. A rest wouldn't hurt him...

And as much as it pains me, I'd be bringing Martin straight in (though he needs a stretch in the 2s).

Too close to finals now, and he needs to find his feet now....

I have a spare membership barcode you can use. PM me if you want it

long season, young bloke. A rest wouldn't hurt him...

And as much as it pains me, I'd be bringing Martin straight in (though he needs a stretch in the 2s).

Too close to finals now, and he needs to find his feet now....
Martin needs a couple of games in the twos to find some form and fitness. He was out of form prior to injury and now hasn’t played at all for 2 weeks. We’d be setting him and us up to fail by rushing him back this week. Let him build in the 2s and then play him if/when his form warrants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back