Preview 2022 Rd 17 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday July 10 @ 4:40PM - Team Post #655

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
top 2, we only play 3 finals - i want 4 final wins from finishing 8th....thats a better story,
think, footyfan1978, think.....:cool:
I am thinking mate. I'm thinking of Blue Chip Pass and his marriage. I do not think he could last four knock out finals in a row.
Have some empathy FRUMPY and think of others too...

Won't be an easy game. Underestimate them at your peril.
Yep, we very lucky... to just happen to run into them after Nick Nat is back and fit and it on their homeground and only time we have played them all season.
Massive game for us again. If we want to go places we cannot be dropping interstate games well over half the time anymore. We lost to Suns and Dockers. We need to win this to make it 50-50 interstate so far this season. 25-75 would not be up to scratch.
C'mon Blues, time to take it up a notch this season.

And we've only won 2 of 5 games in that time. Hmm, i wonder if there's a correlation there?

Melbourne lost May for a couple of weeks and lost two games. We lost Weitering and for 6 weeks and have lost 3 games. Its ok guys. We'll be better once the troops come back.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
True but whilst a lot of troops missing we dropped three and cannot afford to drop anymore of matches of sides below us on ladder.
That 8 point match win over Fremantle has been a god send to not totally derail our season. There is time to get it back on track if we start winning a few in a row this month and get Pittonet back by the end of the month.

Yep, we very lucky... to just happen to run into them after Nick Nat is back and fit and it on their homeground and only time we have played them all season.
Massive game for us again. If we want to go places we cannot be dropping interstate games well over half the time anymore. We lost to Suns and Dockers. We need to win this to make it 50-50 interstate so far this season. 25-75 would not be up to scratch.
C'mon Blues, time to take it up a notch this season.

Swings and roundabouts. We got Port, Dogs and even * at a good time for us, as all of those 3 sides will and or have had better results since

With Weitering back, Kemp will be dropped before Plow.

Plow didn't have a great game but has runs on the board.

If you watch Membreys goals, Plow wasn't really at fault for them in terms of being directly outmarked. In fact, one was directly against Kemp who panicked and gave away a free in the 4th quarter.
Kemp > medical sub this week.(if Weiters plays)
He's going to be a good player but he's a stunned mullet in the early stages of games, including the VFL. Plow's more defensive than Kemp and Gov's better in all areas and there's still Marchy.
I've got know idea where his best position is, but he's definitely too good to be behind these 3rd. talls..

Swings and roundabouts. We got Port, Dogs and even * at a good time for us, as all of those 3 sides will and or have had better results since
I start trumpeting swings and roundabouts when I start to see us having the luck more even spread.
For whatever reason, seems like we been on wrong side of luck for way too long. Something about football gods I cannot shake as intervention at our expense... It has to start turning soon.

Wonder if there is any plans for playing Kemp higher up the ground.

Possibly as a 3rd tall forward similar to Jack Martins role?

Lineup.
FB
: Plowman - Weitering - Newman
HB: Docherty - Young - Saad

C: Cottrell - Cripps - O'Brien
OB: De Koning - Hewett - Kennedy

HF: Walsh - Curnow - Fisher
FF: Kemp - McKay - Owies

Interchange:
Stocker (D), Cerra (OB), Silvagni (U) and Motlop (F)

Changes.
Weitering replaces Honey (omitted)
Stocker replaces Newnes (omitted)
Owies replaces Durdin (managed)

I've got a theory, why our anxiety levels and and disappointment levels are so much higher in 2022.
Prior to this year, we've got conditioned over many years in being sub standard, not making finals and losing.
Finally some of the pieces are coming together, New Coach, Match winners in: Cripps, Curnow, Walsh, Saad, New Midfield, AA players in Doc & Weiters and we start playing like a whole new team. We have all taken a sip from the Blues bath water and dared to dream. The emotional investment has been paid.
Very hard to manage expectations now. We've all bought in.
We just don't know if it's this year or next.
Anyway...........let's just beat the Eagles.
So happy to know Weiter's is back.

We need to give Weitering another week off to make sure he is 100% right. The team below has more balance than against St Kilda. Dow can be explosive on the wing with his pace.

In: S.Durdin, Stocker, Dow, Martin, Owies,
Out: Kemp, Cottrell, O'Brien, Honey, C.Durdin

B: Plowman--------------S.Durdin-------------Newman

H: Docherty---------------Young-----------------Saad

C: Newnes----------------Cripps-----------------Dow

H: Silvagni---------------C.Curnow-------------Martin

F: Motlop------------------McKay----------------Owies

Foll: De Koning, Kennedy, Walsh

Bench: Stocker, Hewett, Cerra, Fisher

You guys can laugh all you want. You will see Voss making these changes this weekend. He will play Weitering instead of S.Durdin. However, the other changes are on the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys can laugh all you want. You will see Voss making these changes this weekend. He will play Weitering instead of S.Durdin. However, the other changes are on the money.

We shall see :think: but I highly doubt there will be 5 changes!

With Weitering back, Kemp will be dropped before Plow.

Plow didn't have a great game but has runs on the board.

If you watch Membreys goals, Plow wasn't really at fault for them in terms of being directly outmarked. In fact, one was directly against Kemp who panicked and gave away a free in the 4th quarter.
Not so sure... Kemp has a lot more upside and needs game time...
I'd like to see him given a block of games, not as a KPD and see what he has to offer...

KPD - Young, Weitering (3rd tall), Durdin (lockdown)
4th Tall - Kemp
Smalls - Saad, Docherty, Newman

Durdin - Darling
Young - Kennedy
Weitering - Williams/ NicNat
Kemp - Waterman
Saad - Petruccelle
Docherty - Ryan
Newman - Rioli

Could also use Durdin or Young as KPD/ 2nd ruck...
Think JSOS could use a break from the ruck, he's struggling to walk...

Not so sure... Kemp has a lot more upside and needs game time...
I'd like to see him given a block of games, not as a KPD and see what he has to offer...

KPD - Young, Weitering (3rd tall), Durdin (lockdown)
4th Tall - Kemp
Smalls - Saad, Docherty, Newman

Durdin - Darling
Young - Kennedy
Weitering - Williams/ NicNat
Kemp - Waterman
Saad - Petruccelle
Docherty - Ryan
Newman - Rioli

Could also use Durdin or Young as KPD/ 2nd ruck...
Think JSOS could use a break from the ruck, he's struggling to walk...
And kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back