Autopsy 2022 Rd 4 Listless Blues Smacked On the Gold Coast

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked to me like the Gold Coast coaches and team came prepared to play against us while we showed up ready to just try and play our attacking style.

Similar to the second half against the Bulldogs and the last three quarters against the Hawks but this time we had heavy pressure and were outnumbered at contests for the whole game.

A big lesson for Voss here, he’s going to learn very quickly that he needs more than plan A to be successful.

Was always going to happen, sides get a look at us and figure out ways of stopping our biggest weapons.

Won’t work all the time against us but just means we have to work through it.

Glad Harry got fined.

Hopefully he's a bit embarrassed and cuts it out of his game now.
He is an idjot - because his staging means he doesn't get the frees he deserves to get because the umps have labelled him as a stager - he's been doing it for years.

He is an idjot - because his staging means he doesn't get the frees he deserves to get because the umps have labelled him as a stager - he's been doing it for years.
Agreed. Harry’s in the Daniher camp now as a stager so he won’t get the kind of 50/50 free kicks the likes of
Hawkins routinely does.

Glad Harry got fined.

Hopefully he's a bit embarrassed and cuts it out of his game now.
As long as the MRP hold these serial offenders to account as well Selwood,Hawkins,Weightman,Daniher,Mathieson,Viney,Mclean,Darling,Shuey they will be filling their coffers to the brim.

But yet only Harry has got an actual fine for staging and O'brien was warned weird how it's Carlton again as the precedent :think:

As long as the MRP hold these serial offenders to account as well Selwood,Hawkins,Weightman,Daniher,Mathieson,Viney,Mclean,Darling,Shuey they will be filling their coffers to the brim.

But yet only Harry has got an actual fine for staging and O'brien was warned weird how it's Carlton again as the precedent :think:

Heaps of players have been fined for staging prior to McKay. We aren't the precedent at all.

Not all staging is equal - McKay's was embarrassingly bad this time around.

Heaps of players have been fined for staging prior to McKay. We aren't the precedent at all.

Not all staging is equal - McKay's was embarrassingly bad this time around.
This year?

In the very same game Weller threw his head back like he was shot got the free and goal from his exaggeration where's his fine?

Yes Harry flopped but it should have been a fifty as Chol bumped him in his protected zone way after the mark and Harry added the extra mayo.

Harry definitely has to get the staging out of his game and just charge at the footy full throttle because realistically who "fairly" is going to stop a 203cm

100kg giant at full flight and spoil.

Not only that if he was paid half the hold/bumps/jumper pulls/blocks that defenders get away with every game

against him he'd kick 4-5 goals a game.

Maybe he needs to change his name to Hawkins Rievoldt King to get some actually frees he deserves every week.

This year?

In the very same game Weller threw his head back like he was shot got the free and goal from his exaggeration where's his fine?

Yes Harry flopped but it should have been a fifty as Chol bumped him in his protected zone way after the mark and Harry added the extra mayo.

Harry definitely has to get the staging out of his game and just charge at the footy full throttle because realistically who "fairly" is going to stop a 203cm

Not only that if he was paid half the hold/bumps/jumper pulls/blocks that defenders get away with every game

Maybe he needs to change his name to Hawkins Rievoldt King to get some actually frees he deserves every week.

If it's the high tackle I think you are referring to with Weller - then that free was certainly there and not on the same level at McKays.

I'm not sure if there have been fines this year, but we're only a few rounds in. Usually it has to be glaringly obvious for a fine to be issued, Harry's was as bad as I've seen. O'Briens wasn't near as bad - he was at least heading into a contest and didn't immediately go to ground.

I might be in the minority but I reckon he gets plenty of frees in front of goal.

If it's the high tackle I think you are referring to with Weller - then that free was certainly there and not on the same level at McKays.

I'm not sure if there have been fines this year, but we're only a few rounds in. Usually it has to be glaringly obvious for a fine to be issued, Harry's was as bad as I've seen. O'Briens wasn't near as bad - he was at least heading into a contest and didn't immediately go to ground.

I might be in the minority but I reckon he gets plenty of frees in front of goal.
I agree it was there but so were the 2 O'brien got warned for with the same amount of mayo Weller put on yet not a staging warning for Weller?

Harry's was more comical than anything and he has to live with that embarrassment and hopefully gets a rocket from Voss yet was still a 50 that didn't get paid.

Harry doesn't get half the frees his peers do but is it his own doing and the umpires are sick of him staging and don't pay the soft ones only the real obvious frees?

Who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Fogarty, Cripps, Newman
In: Dow, Stocker, Pittonet

Tell Owies that Mots is breathing down his neck
Tell Fish that Philp is so far up his date he’d do well not to yawn.
Tell Kennedy that someone will have to make room for Cripps.

Out: Fogarty, Cripps, Newman
In: Dow, Stocker, Pittonet

Tell Owies that Mots is breathing down his neck
Tell Fish that Philp is so far up his date he’d do well not to yawn.
Tell Kennedy that someone will have to make room for Cripps.
Newman played well against Gold Coast so I doubt he’s on the block.

Was the general consensus that Levi was a bit of a knob for that celebration?

Not every player is right for every club's list and direction, delisting him didn't mean we didn't rate him.

Love Levi but thought it was disrespectful to a club that persevered through the longest development for a key forward to become a satisfactory shot at goal.

No issues for mine. If we'd put a contract in front of him and he'd walked away to join Gold Coast as an unrestricted free agent, then yeah, that'd be different. At least he spared us the double cobra!

Really, it was a tribute goal, and a microcosm of his career. Not too many AFL footballers look like they're threading the needle from the top of the square, but it was all there - you could see him tightening up as he ran in, diabolical ball drop, watching it come off the instep like it has so many times before, darting eyes to make sure it had gone in, from 3 yards out! I laughed and cried at the same time.

The Suns deserve it; they're the ones that stood by him, when we said he was finished. Their members and supporters would have loved it.

And the way things have turned out, we probably made the wrong call. I thought when we cut him, it was because we knew his knees were done, and I thought we were lacking one KPP/ruck at the end of the 2021 player movements, even with Jones on the list. As it stands, we are probably two KPP/rucks short, and we might well have picked Casboult at CHB every week thus far.

This year?

Selwood had a club imposed game off for excessive staging and poor conduct on field. Club had to do something.... The Afl wouldn't. Joke.

definitely don’t want to lose to north. A win there is high on my expectations list as was the suns. I’m almost over the loss to suns.

One thing that is scaring me is Goldstein who is similar to witts so if Pitto doesn’t get up we could be in trouble again.

They were very competitive against Sydney who most would rate highly.
A lot on here do not rate Pitto, but boy was he missed against G.C. as you need a big beast against a similar type, and TDK is skilful but not up to taking on a physical beast like Witts in my book. I hope Mirkov develops pretty quickly as we need him to eventually take over from Pittonet as I see TDK as more of a forward or maybe a defender perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 4 Listless Blues Smacked On the Gold Coast

Back