Autopsy 2022 Rd 4 Listless Blues Smacked On the Gold Coast

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

angry alison brie GIF by The Little Hours Movie

Carlton Forum scapegoating after a loss...

Our ruck coach is one Matthew Kreuzer... some guy who played some football for a few years. Wouldn't know anything about ruck contests at all IMO. If TDK wants to be a top tier ruckman, he needs to put on 8-10kg of muscle so he can go head to head with the monsters like Witts. Centre bounces are like 25% of a rucks work during a match. The rest of it is at stoppages where you can't jump over your opposition.

Kreuz is trying to teach next generation rucking to our rucks... you know... not be a witches hat when the ball hits the deck. To hunt and tackle... monster the ball forward. He's had one year working with Pitto and TDK and both of them are starting to show signs of it starting to take.
Ur wrong..u obviously have never coached

We were thrashed Jab all over. Can we get up next week . Geez I hope so .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Here is my equation for improvement:

Hopefully in order of entry/re-entry into the side after absence:

Pittonet + Cripps + Durdin + Stocker; then + McDonald + McGovern + Honey...give it a month for the lot to be all back in.

Here is my equation for improvement:

Hopefully in order of entry/re-entry into the side after absence:

Pittonet + Cripps + Durdin + Stocker; then + McDonald + McGovern + Honey...give it a month for the lot to be all back in.

Yeah the ups and downs of a season /injuries. That’s a ****ing beaut team .

Was the general consensus that Levi was a bit of a knob for that celebration?

Not every player is right for every club's list and direction, delisting him didn't mean we didn't rate him.

Love Levi but thought it was disrespectful to a club that persevered through the longest development for a key forward to become a satisfactory shot at goal.

Yeah, just don’t see it.

Levi is one footballer who has worked his butt off to get where he has. Nothing wrong with how he celebrated the goal.

If there was a bit of emotion there, all good, and it certainly wasn’t over the top. We did delist the guy after all.

Yeah the ups and downs of a season /injuries. That’s a ******* beaut team .

Apart from Stocker and Honey - they were all together for round one and two - which is probably why we won the games so well...not rocket science :thumbsu:

Rocket Science Space GIF by US National Archives

angry alison brie GIF by The Little Hours Movie

Carlton Forum scapegoating after a loss...
The blue print on how to beat us is there for all to see and we have failed to deal with it since quarter time in the hawks game where we’ve been outscored by opposition by a bit over 10 goals.
We also have gapping holes in our list at ruck and key position defence so we’re dangerously reliant on having a good run with injuries which hasn’t been our forte since forever.
Some players performances suggest they have not improved (LOB, Setters,Fisher,
TDK, Martin, Plowman) and the only real improvement has come from previously known quantities performing to a high level (Charlie, Cripps, Williams, Saad) and newcomers (Hewett and Cerra).
There needs to be a response immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The blue print on how to beat us is there for all to see and we have failed to deal with it since quarter time in the hawks game where we’ve been outscored by opposition by a bit over 10 goals.
We also have gapping holes in our list at ruck and key position defence so we’re dangerously reliant on having a good run with injuries which hasn’t been our forte since forever.
Some players performances suggest they have not improved (LOB, Setters,Fisher,
TDK, Martin, Plowman) and the only real improvement has come from previously known quantities performing to a high level (Charlie, Cripps, Williams, Saad) and newcomers (Hewett and Cerra).
There needs to be a response immediately.
Mate it is the same blueprint to beat any team...

Win (enough) contested ball
Use it well ( enough)
Put ball between the middle sticks (enough)

Have a look at the outs and the effect of the outs on the game plan - we were short bare minimums on every line - we'll be ok.

* edit - as for the players you mentioned - two points
1. any player is going to perform better in better company (ie a functioning structure) ; and
2. a lot of those blokes are fighting for their list positions.

OR as Vossy is saying every time he speaks - we are not teh complete package and have a long way to go.

Have to laugh.....just waiting for sakc Voss to start up.

I dont like losing ever, but the many over reactions make it seem like we started 0-4
Entitlement leads to disapointment...

Have to laugh.....just waiting for sakc Voss to start up.

I dont like losing ever, but the many over reactions make it seem like we started 0-4
No one’s talking about sacking anyone,
it was just such a bad loss - the sort we’ve had all too regularly for last 20 odd years - and whilst I hope it’s a just a bump along the road, I’m weary of looking too far ahead.
There was a fair bit of hoopla in here last week about beating Gold Coast by 10 goals (something we haven’t done against anyone in forever), and “this bloke is an All Australian” off the back of 3 games and “we could be 8-0” which I find even harder to take than a bit of caution.

No one’s talking about sacking anyone,
it was just such a bad loss - the sort we’ve had all too regularly for last 20 odd years - and whilst I hope it’s a just a bump along the road, I’m weary of looking too far ahead.
There was a fair bit of hoopla in here last week about beating Gold Coast by 10 goals (something we haven’t done against anyone in forever), and “this bloke is an All Australian” off the back of 3 games and “we could be 8-0” which I find even harder to take than a bit of caution.
I think you missed the sarcasm/irony of my words about sacking.
On the hoopla, that is why the wise saying has always been, One week at a time.
Any person that thinks further than that is rather foolish.
What the hell is a good loss then? We missed the 4 points that is all, and that hurts of course but,
A loss is a loss just as a win is a win. And every team has them.

Thankfully nothing that gets written in this or any forum has the slightest bearing on what happens on the field.
If it did we would surely be 0-4 at this point and have zero in the premierships column.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 4 Listless Blues Smacked On the Gold Coast

Back