Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're all in agreeance that Carroll looks like a legit prospect? Thought he played very well, nice goal with his first disposal in AFL footy was great to see as well.

Thought Young and Plowman played their best games for the year, both very good. Genuinely thought Newnes was effective too. Really starting to get plenty out of players that wouldn't usually be in the best 22 with full availability which is a sure sign that the gameplan and structure passes the stress test. Also speaks volumes of the depth we possess.

Hewett and Williams are walk-up starters obviously, but we have a legitimate dilemma as to who to omit. Stocker obviously, with injury - just not sure who else deserves an omission. I know LOB didn't get much footy but thought he was damaging when he did.

Kennedy is so important to this team. Provides so much strength around the contest.

But just as importantly, he allows Cripps to have a break & go forward.
When cripps is in, he’s amazing. Love it. Hits the scoreboard, takes some marks, gets the contested ball and clearances

Maybe he picked up the injury early but he was v ordinary when cripps was out injured for 2 games

Saad might be the best one on one player in the comp. He just doesn't lose a 50-50 ball. Heck, he wins most 20-80 balls. Not just his closing speed, he never loses his feet and is incredibly strong over the footy.

Very impressed with Young. Has a future as a 3rd tall. Hopefully get McDonald back soon to free up Young against sides with 2 genuine KF threats.

Cripps - what a game. Another 2-3 votes. Love how we're using him as the short hit up option 40m out. Not sure there's another player in the comp they loves a goal more than Crippa.
Saad has a knack of getting to contests and providing the spoil where he shouldn't even be able to.

He's extremely adept at keeping his feet, has a low centre of gravity and is a very smart player when trying to win a contested ball off the ground. You'll see him protect the ball space and also use his feet to direct the ball to his advantage.

I'll only mention it one more time.

Absolutely bizarre umpiring. Multiple times down our end the umpire would be in perfect decision, see one of our forwards get whacked across the head and not pay it. Like literally perfect view.

It just seemed to be so corrupt, because they can't possibly be that bad.

3 gifted goals in the first half kept them in the ga.e when we were threatening to blow it apart. Not a single free kick in within 25m for us. Was God awful.

Yes we started in second gear but without the absolute arm chair ride they had the game would be over at quarter time.

I'll only mention it one more time.

Absolutely bizarre umpiring. Multiple times down our end the umpire would be in perfect decision, see one of our forwards get whacked across the head and not pay it. Like literally perfect view.

It just seemed to be so corrupt, because they can't possibly be that bad.

3 gifted goals in the first half kept them in the ga.e when we were threatening to blow it apart. Not a single free kick in within 25m for us. Was God awful.

Yes we started in second gear but without the absolute arm chair ride they had the game would be over at quarter time.
what absolute rubbish

Easy changes for next week. Hewett for Newnes, Williams for Stocker (assuming the former is recovered and the latter is injured).

Saw Hewett in his local in Altona with he’s calf heavily bandaged and limping don’t think we’ll see him next week,looked very sore.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s the word on Stocks?
Stretched P/E ratios, low growth, an inflation spike and impending long-overdue monetary tightening paint a bearish outlook.

Oh. Wait....

Lots to love about tonight, I know North aren't great but it was awesome to convincingly win a game we were expected to win.

Amazing team effort with great contributions from all, including everyone's favourite whipping boy.
Whoever does come out will be very stiff. Saad BOG IMO, plenty of other standouts including Crippa and Doc. Thought TDK was great and that Carroll kid goes alright.

Loved the way we moved the ball, as well as our forward 50 entries.

Next week's game should be a ripper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're all in agreeance that Carroll looks like a legit prospect? Thought he played very well, nice goal with his first disposal in AFL footy was great to see as well.

Thought Young and Plowman played their best games for the year, both very good. Genuinely thought Newnes was effective too. Really starting to get plenty out of players that wouldn't usually be in the best 22 with full availability which is a sure sign that the gameplan and structure passes the stress test. Also speaks volumes of the depth we possess.

Hewett and Williams are walk-up starters obviously, but we have a legitimate dilemma as to who to omit. Stocker obviously, with injury - just not sure who else deserves an omission. I know LOB didn't get much footy but thought he was damaging when he did.

Thought that was one of the better games I’ve seen LOB play for us. We look a far more balanced and damaging team when he is in the side. Persist with him, give him a big block of games to gain confidence, and let’s see.. there’s something there for sure so if he can claim one of the wing spots we are in far better shape. Big year for him contractually too.

Cripps and Saad again were huge. Our twin towers could (and should) have had monstrous games but both looked great.

Tonight was our chance at an absolute drubbing and we didn’t quite take it. They were missing their FB and CHB, can only imagine what a good team would do to us if we lost both our key backs.
Missing Jones, OMac, McGovern, Marchbank who can all play as a tall defender.

Doing well to hold up with Weitering, Young and Plowman as only one is a key defender. Throw in both first choice HBFers in Williams and Hewitt and the defence has been surprisingly resilient.

Carol fantastic debut
Great 50 point win built on a great 2nd half and we had injuries and umpires against us
Shout out to Jack Martin and TDK
Don't get sucked in by Plowman, Newnes and Young they will be found wanting against good opposition.
Obrien is our best option on a wing unless we move Cerra, Docherty, williams or saad there.
Next week will be more revealing but 5 and 2 is 5 and 2

First half was
OIP.NjNoQlYLmePW5-kOCGtOHQHaF2

By 3/4 time
OGC.070f3d3819b7642b75232ff20fd75244

End of the game
OGC.c6b8021b9ce5fd71d90e3b13052ceabe

We done enough to get the W.

Wasn't a commanding victory against a far lesser opponent but North have always been our bogey side.

So really it was just good to beat them and actually add a bit of percentage back into our tally and get us back above 100%.

A lot were very good tonight and played a decent quarter here and there Cerra,Young,JSOS,Charlie,Fisher but to me the most consistent and biggest impact players on the game were Cripps,Saad,Docherty,Kennedy,McKay,Walsh.

Also a few of the more maligned guys in Plowman,LOB,Newnes and Newman were good and did enough to keep their spots especially Plowman that was one of his better games for the club in terms of hardness at the footy/impact on a contest he also done a few flashy things which were really fun to watch.

How could I go so long on a review without mentioning the great Debut from Jack Carroll well done young man you showed that you belong at AFL Level 19 Disposals,8 marks,4 clearances, 8 score involvements (including kicking the first goal of the game) and 3 direct goal assists what a player he is going to be with 50 games and beyond under his belt.

But the best thing about the Win tonight for me was how we seemed to enjoy when a team mate goaled, stood up for each other when the argy bargy started and played much better in the second half especially kicking 7 in the third reminded me of the Blues from our glory days.

We need to back up this win tonight next week and beat the Crows and hopefully do it by a fair margin to keep pumping up our percentage.

GO BLUES!!!

Lewis Young the best surprise for me. Thought he has struggled a bit so far this year but he looked very good tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Back