Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Who played well for the Blues in Round 7 vs North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

95 preliminary was a good night

Sure was. Had aliens touched down that night they'd have discovered our religion. Worshipping 21 men in torrential rain.

Shout out to LOB, he was very good tonight.

Good i was vom all day so only woke to see the last quarter and a half. This makes me very pleased. I thought that he would.

Kudos to him and the coaches on managing the talent. It goes to show players can get dropped down work back up, and ultimately perform.

Being dropped doesn't have to be the stinger that it's been in past years. Effort will be rewarded.

You know the team is going well, when Plowman is selling candy... :hearteyes:

Apart from the usual... Thought LOB, Carroll, Young, Plowman, Fisher, Martin & Newnes all played well...

Hope we can continue to play and defend like in the second half...
Defenders, Mids and Forwards all started connecting again because we kept running and creating options...

Sad for Stocker, so wanted him to take a position and make it his... Ahh we will have to wait again...

Hope we get some back soon all these injuries are going to start to cripple our Senior & Reserves side..

More love for Plowman is needed.
He had a lot to do with Young being able to dine out on those intercepts. Was rock solid in the air and on the ground and the back 6 looked a better balance of offence and defence with him there. Great game, deserves to stay in the 22 next week.

Good i was vom all day so only woke to see the last quarter and a half. This makes me very pleased. I thought that he would.

Kudos to him and the coaches on managing the talent. It goes to show players can get dropped down work back up, and ultimately perform.

Being dropped doesn't have to be the stinger that it's been in past years. Effort will be rewarded.

I wanted to add to this that this is a huge advantage of having a standalone team in the VFL.

Teams can much more easily orchestrate programs for players to be carried out at the lower level while continuing to adhere to team goals and plans.

I've heard of many stories where in the past we'd know what each player needed to work on but it wouldn't be prioritised which led to gaping holes in player development.

By extension, it's not a great surprise that a player's promotion from the VFL into the AFL has begun reaping immediate rewards. Congrats to Jack Carroll on a stellar debut. He'll be one of the steals of his draft class.

Beat Norf by 55 points in the VFL and in the AFL by 50 points. 5-1 (148.2%) in the VFL. 5-2 in the AFL.

Not bad after being told by Norf supporters on BF the last couple years that they have a better list than ours. 😂

Beat Norf by 55 points in the VFL and in the AFL by 50 points. 5-1 (148.2%) in the VFL. 5-2 in the AFL.

Not bad after being told by Norf supporters on BF the last couple years that they have a better list than ours. 😂

Their list reminds me of the final years of Fitzroy.

Great win by our boys.

Carroll did not look out of place, hope we see him as a regular in our 22 going forward.

Pumped for LOB, I wrote him off first round but seems to have turned it around.

Not sold on the likes of Young and Newnes, would like to see the body of work over longer periods and against better sides.

Thought that Martin and Fish stood up tonight, were probably on the verge of getting dropped but played very well tonight.

But my favorite part was JSOS telling Francis that he is sh1t after he whacked him behind play.

Norths best player was the chick wearing number #34, I've seen some pretty ordinary umpiring but that display was absolutely shocking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win. As expected against a rabble like North.

We do tend to go a bit Hollywood when we are up by a decent margin.

Carroll looks a bloody beauty.

Just need to take care of Adelaide and we are 5-2 then have a massive 2 weeks of GWS & Sydney.
I think you're being a bit harsh here. There were a couple of incidents in the last, but the main issue was the drop-off in skills, not being "too cute". Kicks that were going to the advantage of the forwards for the first 3 quarters were suddenly going over heads, or falling short. Passes across the ground were missing targets and leaving teammates under pressure.

Voss even commended the guys in the presser on their work rate late in the game. This was exemplified but one particular effort by Newman.

Was a good all 'round performance tonight, and it'll be nice to not have to read all week about how Fisher, Plowman, Newman, Newnes etc don't bring any value to the team and should be dropped.

Absolutely agree. Was bizarre. We were too good in the end but Umpiring was farcical.
If you thought the umpiring was bad (which I completely agree with) you should have heard the commentary, they were dead set barracking for north in the first half. I know I'm exaggerating but it felt like every 50/50 should have been a free-kick to them and every free-kick the blues got, they were "lucky to get that one".

It was only when we got completely on top in the 3rd that they switched to balanced commentary.

Really good win, done exactly what was needed.
Very happy with Young for a change.
Newnes played his role well.
LOB didn’t do much but did nothing wrong which was very pleasing.
Carrol very impressive.
Saad and Cripps were absolutely fantastic. North are horrible but that was the first game of the season where it was very comfortable viewing.

Great job

Because Jack Carroll last night was so fun, do we have anyone else who is a good chance to debut this year? Or was Jack the last of the likely debuts?

Motlop

Akuei and Mirkov are the only two others on 0 AFL games.

Of course, geez how did I forgot about Motlop? I’ve been waiting for it to happen for weeks.

Akuel and Mirkov are the only two others on 0 AFL games.

I don’t think either will debut this year, most likely spend a year or two in the twos.

Solid win, Saad putting bums on seats with his dash, not sure I realised that little extra he brings when the trade dealings were happening.

Tonight was our chance at an absolute drubbing and we didn’t quite take it. They were missing their FB and CHB, can only imagine what a good team would do to us if we lost both our key backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are permanently playing 1 tall KPD down this year with a tall KPD still 'on our list' who 'retired' after list lodgement. Then throw in OMac, we are already 2 down. I was glad to see Weiterbot reboot around half time, and Young progressing.

Last edited:

LOB has been fit and playing quite well in some of his games so far....
He has been a slow build to get to this stage,Dow as well who i figure the club also has long term plans for..
LOB needs to step it up against some of the good teams to really seal it....he certainly has the tank to do that
and that in itself has potential that he has that workrate capacity
We need our wingers to step it up

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 7 Blues down the Roos by 50

Back