Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've probably been scarred by so many years of medicrity...and while it was an excellent win, I felt uneasy with that last quarter. Probably the wrong thing to focus on...hopefully I'll get over it some time in the next decade. I still find it frustrating how easily we can be opened up on the turnover. Granted they only kicked 10, but it just felt like each of those 10 was pretty easy.

Someone smack me in the chops please.

I hope that our forward line can continue to improve and connect/communicate better and provide more space for leading like Fev had, I think more players would look like they have fantastic F50 kicking skills. Our gameplay was very different though.

Not trying to discredit Hoops, but time glosses over many errors of the day. No-one I know personally ever described his skills as "elite". But anyway, happy to agree to disagree - it really is isn't a big deal.

Fev always said Hoops was his preferred deliverer of said football.

The only thing he's not doing is taking big marks.

As much as it'd be a shame if we never see Charlie taking those belters like he did V Collingwood again this version of him is at least every bit as good in every other respect so I think we can still count ourselves pretty bloody lucky!
Like DK Lillee post back injury. Still dominant, just different.

From Twitter ...

Another BOG for Patrick Cripps:

35 disposals
19 contested possessions
7 tackles
9 clearances
6 inside 50s
3 score assists
2 goals
151 #SuperCoach
130 #AFLFantasy

You can only do what your opposition allows you to, but I loved how we switched gears a few times last night and worked the ball, with patience, back and forth across half back until something we liked opened up in the middle of the ground - a pinpoint pass to open them up and we were off and running again. Real growth in our game I think.

Good morning all, sorry I'm late to the party.
Was at the game and what a beauty it was.
It's great viewing from the 3rd stand on the wing.
I think they are working the rotations balance really well.
Interesting, when SOS is in the ruck, Crippa is usually in the middle aswell.
You just feel so much more confident with their ball movement.
They played good tempo and patient football at times.
But when they flick the switch and moved fast, lots of options open up forward.
Probably Cerra's best game. But great contribution from the whole team.
How good is Crippa at the moment. Screaming favourite for the Brownlow. Just hope he stays fit.
The composure and self belief of the players is fantastic.
Very happy Blues supporter. I'm confident we'll roll GWS.

Yep - I agree.
I just think his skills weren't the problem.
Just composure under pressure.

Big difference between top flight footy and VFL and practice games (thought it was quite telling that Vossy made a point of training with intensity when he first arrived. What the hell were we doing before?)
I've heard stories.... Wasn't good. No tackling drills for weeks etc. Happy we've got Vossy now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think that when Cunners returns, provided he has lost little in athleticism, we reach a whole new level. I still consider him one of our very top talents - up there with Walsh, Cripps, Charlie - and reckon he is the player who makes us challenge the very best teams. Can’t wait.
Yep, serious X-Factor to him. Marchbank is our missing piece down back too IMO especially with Young playing so strongly in recent weeks.

Can't wait until we get a definitive timeline on DC's return.

Totally different read from some.

Crows gave it their all, but they are full of small bodied guys who are just not physically up to it for extended periods. When they were competitive around the ball the game was 50/50, but we really got a hold of them through the middle of the game and blew it up.
Kudo's to TDK who not only negated Obrien, was a positive.
Who knew Durdin was such a good field kick?

Still think that when Cunners returns, provided he has lost little in athleticism, we reach a whole new level. I still consider him one of our very top talents - up there with Walsh, Cripps, Charlie - and reckon he is the player who makes us challenge the very best teams. Can’t wait.
Agreed 100%

Totally different read from some.

Crows gave it their all, but they are full of small bodied guys who are just not physically up to it for extended periods. When they were competitive around the ball the game was 50/50, but we really got a hold of them through the middle of the game and blew it up.
Kudo's to TDK who not only negated Obrien, was a positive.
Who knew Durdin was such a good field kick?
I also thought the Crows were up for the fight in the first half. They were really in the contest, with a few periods of being on top, they just couldn't put it on the scoreboard.

Got a little heated at times as well at times. I wonder after last week if we're initiating that or teams are trying to come after us and put the heat on? It was a very obvious plan by North in the 2nd half last week and the first half this game the Crows were also trying to get physical.

The combo is the real killer...

Double team Harry and Charlie will get you.

Pay too much attention to Charlie and you make things easier for the reigning Coleman medallist.

And if you focus on those two, you leave Silvagni free. Plus the little fellas are piling on the pressure too.

Great mix.
little man bias is biased.....

Charlie isn't taking the huge screamers, but his marking is still incredible.

He has an amazing ability to take one-handed marks or ones where he is out of position and somehow just makes them stick.

It's like his pre-game routine is jelly wrestling in a pool of grippo....
The moment for me yesterday was Kennedys kick to him on the wing with Frampton hanging off him and Butts screaming over to spoil, and he stuck his one duke up, palmed it down to ground level and burnt Frampton and centred it with a beautiful 20m kick. Looked like a man playing against a bunch of u12s

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Back