Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The sign-and-trade is done a lot in American sports. Not sure on the rules here though.
The only real sign and trade I have seen or can think of was Danger to an extent.

This salary dump trade tick off from the AFL will be interesting and I am looking forward to it. Personally I'd like to see certain things like Collingwood trade us their first or second round pick and we take on $500/600K of his contract but he still plays with Collingwood.

With clubs having to pay 95% of the cap and some bad teams e.g. North WCE and us at the minute paying cloggers to much, it will help with list regeneration and the struggling clubs get some extra players in via draft/trading those extra picks.

Would if they played in the state leagues.

It probably wouldn't to be fair. I mean i don't mind the idea of waiting an extra year til drafting, i think it has the potential to have youngfellas get a bit more mature before they enter the system of AFL but it wouldn't make a difference to crowds.

It is different in the US (understatement of the year I know for many reasons) but I have mates there that don't watch NFL at all and are absolutely invested in their college team. The stadiums that the college teams play in can sit 100k and quite a few teams sell them out every game, it is ridiculous. What I am saying i guess is the fan base for those teams is equivalent to NFL teams, so those players are really well known and talked about over their journey before going to the NFL. There is plenty of press for them, talkback, etc etc.

If we had 18 year olds all playing SANFL, with an average crowd of 3k...and it wouldn't go up much, it wouldn't garner that same attention. The SANFL press is negligible at best so we would barely hear about players anyways until the week or two before their draft, which is basically the same as it is now.

Not sure to put this but has anyone any idea of when we will announce our delisting's. Seems like other clubs are moving faster than us.

We only have Davis (probably)so no rush to announce. Probably after presentation night

I suspect the plan will be to keep Turner if we can and re rookie Rowe if we have no takers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We only have Davis (probably)so no rush to announce. Probably after presentation night

I suspect the plan will be to keep Turner if we can and re rookie Rowe if we have no takers

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If we have no takers for Rowe youd expect we’d just delist him… he’s not contracted for next year..

The only real sign and trade I have seen or can think of was Danger to an extent.

This salary dump trade tick off from the AFL will be interesting and I am looking forward to it. Personally I'd like to see certain things like Collingwood trade us their first or second round pick and we take on $500/600K of his contract but he still plays with Collingwood.

With clubs having to pay 95% of the cap and some bad teams e.g. North WCE and us at the minute paying cloggers to much, it will help with list regeneration and the struggling clubs get some extra players in via draft/trading those extra picks.
Would Tippett count?
Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Wouldn't make sense to me for Berg to sign with us and ask for a trade.
Would decrease his chances of getting to Freo
If we trade him then we absolutely signed him to pay his wage while he is at Freo. Gives Freo more salary cap for Jackson and gets us a better picker. Win-win. Smart by both clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall a rule that you can't trade a player in the first year of a contract, so that might rule out a Himmelberg trade.

But I don't know of a rule that you can't pay the salary of an uncontracted player as part of a trade. Not that Frampton would be on much, but every bit might help the pies.
Didn't McGovern do similar?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Josh Schache?
Could be. Signed in June then traded end of same year.

Might depend on whether the contract extension included the current as well as future years. But that would be splitting hairs if there is no clear rule against.

There might just not have been many scenarios where someone signed and wanted to go at the same time (before salary dumping was ticked off).

Jack Bowes to Crows? lets get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back