Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even close, this if proven 100% correct is many magnitudes worse...
The worst ours could be described was insensitive (talking stick), and if true the releasing of confidential information regarding upbringing to the group is incredibly disappointing from a MH perspective..

But telling someone they need to have an abortion?
It's not even in the same universe let alone ball park.

The worst ours could be described was insensitive (talking stick), and if true the releasing of confidential information regarding upbringing to the group is incredibly disappointing from a MH perspective..

Is it telling or actually making them go through with it?

Is it telling or actually making them go through with it?
I'm not sold on this controversy to be honest ... on the one had women are telling all over the place its their body their choice but if a coach suggests it, its the end of the world....

Tbh... we need more context and the other side of the story.

wait.. what? Can you provide a link? not able to find anything about this comment.

I'm not sold on this controversy to be honest ... on the one had women are telling all over the place its their body their choice but if a coach suggests it, its the end of the world....

Um. What? That's a disgusting comment.

wait.. what? Can you provide a link? not able to find anything about this comment.

You might want to delete this post and don’t repeat ever again

Um. What? That's a disgusting comment.
What's so disgusting? I'm not even a supporter of abortion but it's something that's so easily considered in this day and age... I don't understand what the big deal is if a coach suggests it as an option when a player is talking to the coach about his problems. This is afl, the highest category of performance jobs in the world. Clearly the goal of winning is clouding many peoples judgment... you have kids getting paid massive money and attention which they would never get in any other profession, they will have life problems that they then bring to work.... I want the other side to the story is all I'm saying. A Coach suggestion an abortion being an option doesn't seem that bad.

What's so disgusting? I'm not even a supporter of abortion but it's something that's so easily considered in this day and age... I don't understand what the big deal is if a coach suggests it as an option when a player is talking to the coach about his problems. This is afl, the highest category of performance jobs in the world. Clearly the goal of winning is clouding many peoples judgment... you have kids getting paid massive money and attention which they would never get in any other profession, they will have life problems that they then bring to work.... I want the other side to the story is all I'm saying. A Coach suggestion an abortion being an option doesn't seem that bad.
This is an awful take

Geezuz dude…

It's really that bad.

Imagine if your boss came up to you and said you're not welcome here unless you terminate your partners pregnancy?
You'd feel sick and broken.

I'm sorry but if you can't see why that's disgusting I have nothing nice to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if your boss came up to you and said you're not welcome here unless you terminate your partners pregnancy?
You'd feel sick and broken.

I'm sorry but if you can't see why that's disgusting I have nothing nice to say.
The story says that the coaches are basically trying to help the player out. Obviously this player is having problems with many relationships in his life. The coach even offered to let the player in his home, do you think he would do that if he didn't genuinely care about the player? Look at the history of indigenous afl players life after footy? How many screwed up examples do you see? I'll give you one... Liam jarrah.

Murphy plans more games than not, Rowe gets games, Hately gets games - I'll take Bowes over him. Luke Brown has retired - there is a list spot, Seedsman is probably done and should be best 22 if fit - there's a list spot. He is better than Ned.

There is also injuries and a need for depth on the list. Not to mention our desperate need for good ball users. I'm not saying sell the farm for the guy but he is certainly worth looking at imo.
stop it
none of them are gettinf games next ywar ahead of peds, taylor, rankine

the ones you mention are depth if we cant get rid of them - we need quality not depth

It's gross without a doubt or a better word to use that wouldn't be filtered out by the swear filter.

It has huge ramifications on the entire league. Head office have a lot to answer for hiding it for a week too. There is so much that needs changing from the top down.

But for anyone to say "oh the camp wasn't so bad" spare me. The camp was disgusting I'm still not sure how we didn't cop more of an AFL penalty over it the more things have come out. I mean we can laugh at the Tigers song being blasted but there were some horrible things that did happen. Just because this has come out in no way do we have any right to say "oh well we can forget about our camp now because you did worse" there really isn't a worse it is very much the exact same.
I agree. What happened at our camp was disgusting and yes we have to take some of the responsibility. The camp organisers also have to take some of the responsibility. But I get the feeling that there is a distinct difference. Stuffing up at camp where which was organised and controlled by Collective Minds is a little different to club coaches and other club personnel directing players (any player) to get an abortion. I hope that our coaches didn't conduct themselves in the same manner as what's being reported. If they did it will come out. Rest assured that out club will some how get entwined in what is going to be a messy investigation. Collingwood also needed this like a hole in the head.

Spoken like a true eastern bloc gymnastics coach.

Her choice, not the coaches

Her choice, not the coaches
Pretty sure at the end of the day it was ultimately her choice... and their choice leading up to all the problems that they then involved the coaches... who are now dealing with what they advised. People here are playing like the coaches put a gun to their heads. These people are adults (I assume)

Last edited:
Pretty sure at the end of the day it was ultimately her choice... and their choice leading up to all the problems that they then involved the coaches... who are now dealing with what they advised. People here are playing like the coaches put a gun to their heads. These people are adults (I assume)
People can be influenced into doing things they don't want to do however.

There's a bit of a difference between 'i choose this' and 'i chose this because my partners boss told me he'll be sacked from his lucrative career if I don't'.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The player didn't even suggest it was a "problem". From all reports he was jubilant and couldn't wait to share the news with the team. Imagine coming in thinking this is the greatest news of your life and you want to share that with people you work with, probably care about and maybe even see as mentors. And then one of them turn around and tells you you should convince your partner to have an abortion and split up with your partner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back