Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I agree we would have been more tolerant for a perceived better player but without the indiscretions Stengle would still be on our list.

Sure, the ledger is dynamic. But we didn’t get rid of him for his baggage, we got rid of him because we believed his baggage outweighed his ability

We misjudged

Oh I agree we would have been more tolerant for a perceived better player but without the indiscretions Stengle would still be on our list.

Chris Scott and Eddie Betts have spoken ad nauseum throughout the year about what a redemption story this is, how he got his life back together. That suggests his life wasn't together beforehand, which wouldn't make him a good candidate to be a professional athlete.

It's also possible Richmond thought the same thing before they traded him to us - but again nobody here knows either way.

Sure, the ledger is dynamic. But we didn’t get rid of him for his baggage, we got rid of him because we believed his baggage outweighed his ability

We misjudged

Based on Texs history, do you think he would survive if he were in the same boat?

Bernie Vince?

Yeah I don’t mind the idea of getting Poulter, but surely we go down the pick route for Frampton

Unless we pass up on Michalanney, which I can’t see happening
The pick route for frampton?..

Exactly what pick do you think frampton is gonna net us?..

I like Frampton.. I think we have little to no KPD depth and would actually rather we hold onto him..

But if we are trading him a pick after 60 is probably what we are getting.

Would rather poulter in exchange for frampton than a junk pick after 60..

See deGoey J.

It’s the entire ****ing history of the league.

If you’re good enough nothing else matters
Correct .....COLL now begging De Goey to sign a new Contract after a handful of performances ......COLL were steadfast on behavioural clauses in the Contract ....De Goey sensing he has the upper hand is now pushing back ......God, AFL Clubs are so weak and predictable

Stengle was living with Betts in Adelaide :whitecheck: Betts leaves, Stengle falls off the perch ......Stengle moves to GEEL and back living with Betts :whitecheck:

What does that say about a) if Betts had stayed at ADEL ?

Back in 2005. Because he was a superstar it didn’t matter

Nothing has changed. Nothing ever will.

Thread 'I'll Kill You -Goodwin article'
I'll Kill You -Goodwin article

Stengle was seen as a C grade talent, and nothing else mattered more
Modras antics.

Scotty Thompson hoon driving and fleeing an accident.

Bock slapping his missus.

Tex racial slur.

There’s probably been others.

Edit: Roo and his parvo 😉

The pick route for frampton?..

Exactly what pick do you think frampton is gonna net us?..

I like Frampton.. I think we have little to no KPD depth and would actually rather we hold onto him..

But if we are trading him a pick after 60 is probably what we are getting.

Would rather poulter in exchange for frampton than a junk pick after 60..
The more points for Michalanney we can get, the better

We can go down the Poulter route if we don't think we'll bid on MM, who I can't see going before pick 30, but we don't have a whole lot of mid-to-late-draft bidding collateral, as it stands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t he a prime example of what I’m saying?

He did survive many others wouldn’t

"The same boat" I.e the same amount and level of indiscretion.
From memory Tex, a former captain and probably our best player was lucky to survive just 1 recently.
An almost prime Bernie Vince was shipped without much hesitation for similar.

I believe we noted his talent and that's what got him games. There were always questions over his work ethic and that's why he didn't play more games, similar to a few we have playing in the 2's right now.

"The same boat" I.e the same amount and level of indiscretion.
From memory Tex, a former captain and probably our best player was lucky to survive just 1 recently.
An almost prime Bernie Vince was shipped without much hesitation for similar.

I believe we noted his talent and that's what got him games. There were always questions over his work ethic and that's why he didn't play more games, similar to a few we have playing in the 2's right now.

You’re not seriously equating Stengle’s de minimis non-incidents to Tex’s public outing?

You’re not seriously equating Stengle’s de minimis non-incidents to Tex’s public outing?

Not at all, but I don't see it as punishment for a single incident in isolation.

If one of my workers mess up I give a chance, then a second in quick succession I give a warning. 3rd strike, see you later,even if you are my leading hand or best supervisor, because then it becomes an issue of dis/respect.

We can go down the Poulter route if we don't think we'll bid on MM, who I can't see going before pick 30, but we don't have a whole lot of mid-to-late-draft bidding collateral, as it stands

Bar for COVID at the time I'd be confident Poulter would have been rated the better talent of the 2 players in his draft year especially if he had played Nationals that year.

Not at all, but I don't see it as punishment for a single incident in isolation though.

If one of my workers mess up I give a chance, then a second in quick succession I give a warning. 3rd strike see you later even if you are my leading hand or best supervisor because then it becomes an issue of dis/respect.

Yeah that’s not true. Not at any senior level

Non-incidents stay non-incidents when key people are involved.

What matters anywhere, is how replaceable people are. In commoditised, low skill positions anyone can be changed; and that explains the Stengle situation perfectly - we misjudged who he was.

We thought he was a replaceable grunt and it turns out we were wrong

I'm fine with getting Poulter if we can offload Sholl or Crouch.

I don't want a scenario where we only end up with one pick in the draft because we don't have any list spots.
But according to some we already have the players we want

We misjudged
Now this I can agree with though I did agree with the club's decision at the time.

Absolutely nothing at all
Disagree .....another year of maturity into Stengle "may" have changed the outcomes .....a sliding doors moment

That said, given the prevailing circumstances ....I was in favour of the club cutting Stengle loose

Yeah that’s not true. Not at any senior level

Non-incidents stay non-incidents when key people are involved.

What matters anywhere, is how replaceable people are. In commoditised, low skill positions anyone can be changed; and that explains the Stengle situation perfectly - we misjudged who he was.

We thought he was a replaceable grunt and it turns out we were wrong

Perhaps, I wouldnt know. I'm just a lowely tradesman who takes pride in his work, aims for success and thinks he has an idea of what it takes to build a team of people who work to my desired standard.

If you don't look at the incidence in isolation, how many chances would you give a guy at senior level before you say enough is enough?

Edit:- Assuming the standard is known and the individual knowingly breaches that standard?

Bar for COVID at the time I'd be confident Poulter would have been rated the better talent of the 2 players in his draft year especially if he had played Nationals that year.
Yeah I rated Poulter higher in his year than I do MM this year

That said, you have to go off of what we know about each player up to the current day, and how we think they'll project. I haven't watched any Collingwood reserves matches this year (bar the game vs the U18 team), so I can't comment too much there

If we think one's worth the punt over the other, I'm content. I think it'll be hard to find a way to get them both on our senior list, though (unless both Crouch and Sholl are getting moved, which is looking less and less likely)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back