Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps, I wouldnt know. I'm just a lowely tradesman who takes pride in his work, aims for success and thinks he has an idea of what it takes to build a team of people who work to my desired standard.

If you don't look at the incidence in isolation, how many chances would you give a guy at senior level before you say enough is enough?
IMHO ...in a mature Crows side, Stengle would have survived .....in a very young developing side, standards had to be set early .....Stengle was the example set

Anyway, why hasn’t a 19 year old Poulter been offered a contract from Collingwood? Pretty unusual for a recent draftee not to receive one contract extension if they are showing promise.
Not sure collingwood are the best example here as they could also lose henry who was another higher end pick and have had to push players out for contract reasons. Their list management has not been great and they look like shuffling the deck a fair bit this off season

But according to some we already have the players we want
Who are these people?
Davis has had his opportunities.
Crouch should go if he's not part of our plans going forward.
McAsey hasn't really shown enough to be retained.
Sholl I think most would be comfortable moving on if we got a later pick.
McPherson just doesn't seem to have the body to continue his AFL career.
Seedsman surely has to be close to decision time?

IMHO ...in a mature Crows side, Stengle would have survived .....in a very young developing side, standards had to be set early .....Stengle was the example set

I think standard is the key word.
I don't look at what Stengle did and think any of it is very bad at all, but if he was aware of the standard the club had set for its players and he thumbs his nose at those standards, to me he's thinking he is above the Club, above his team and that the standard, or rules dont apply to him.
Essentially a big F.U to everyone.

Attitudes like that are very contagious in any sphere and aren't conducive to building a good team.

Perhaps, I wouldnt know. I'm just a lowely tradesman who takes pride in his work, aims for success and thinks he has an idea of what it takes to build a team of people who work to my desired standard.

Remember we paid out Stengle’s contract because his so called misdemeanours didn’t merit enforceable incidents.

Senior staff & professionals can usually afford lawyers which changes thresholds too

If you don't look at the incidence in isolation, how many chances would you give a guy at senior level before you say enough is enough?

Edit:- Assuming the standard is known and the individual knowingly breaches that standard?

Stengle did f***all. We even tried to enforce on a photograph, which was bush league stuff - and failed.

What people think they can make stick in their own backyard, and what they really can are often very different

I don't look at what Stengle did and think any of it is very bad at all, but if he was aware of the standard the club had set for its players and he thumbs his nose at those standards, to me he's thinking he is above the Club, above his team and that the standard, or rules dont apply to him.

Attitudes like that are very contagious in any sphere and aren't conducive to building a good team.

That’s exactly where people go wrong. Policies and standards are arbitrary

We set an arbitrary line and Geelong set theirs.

we have regularly maintained that our culture must be preserved and can’t be risked, when the truth is if we had a culture worth anything it would be what allowed us to harness all comers

If your culture is fragile then you don’t have one

Modras antics.

Scotty Thompson hoon driving and fleeing an accident.

Bock slapping his missus.

Tex racial slur.

There’s probably been others.

Edit: Roo and his parvo 😉

Remember we paid out Stengle’s contract because his so called misdemeanours didn’t merit enforceable incidents.

Senior staff & professionals can usually afford lawyers which changes thresholds too

Stengle did f***all. We even tried to enforce on a photograph, which was bush league stuff - and failed.

What people think they can make stick in their own backyard, and what they really can are often very different

Yeah but I still think you are missing the point as to why we payed him out.

Being late go work isn't even a misdemeanour. Being late 3 times in a week is enough, as a casual, to have all all your hours cut to zero in some companies.
It isn't the lateness that is the big issue here, and isn't how other companies are more forgiving of lateness.

Last edited:
That’s exactly where people go wrong. Policies and standards are arbitrary

We set an arbitrary line and Geelong set theirs.

we have regularly maintained that our culture must be preserved and can’t be risked, when the truth is if we had a culture worth anything it would be what allowed us to harness all comers

If your culture is fragile then you don’t have one

That's a different debate entirely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any examples of ok to s**t players surviving multiple misdemeanors?
It’s pretty clear as sanders has said we thought his bad outweighed his good, (as did I)

Why did we ship B.Vince and B.Crouch? Surely both of their Goods outweighed their bads?

Yeah but I still think you are missing the point as to why we payed him out.

lol. There is no argument, so I’ve missed nothing. We paid him out because we had no choice, no legal, enforceable alternative

Our “standards” had no contractual basis so we had to pay him. That’s how much his incidents were worth

Being late go work isn't even a misdemeanour. Being late 3 times in a week is enough, as a casual, to have all all your hours cut to zero in some companies.
It isn't the lateness that is the big issue here.

WTF

Bernie’s form had been down because we played him out of position and we wanted draft capital after the Tippett penalties.

We thought Brad was going to get us pick 2 and Nicks didn’t rate him. His indiscretion came when he was already out the door.

So purely form and strategic trade based oustings?
Their off-field issues were mere coincidence?

Who are these people?
Davis has had his opportunities.
Crouch should go if he's not part of our plans going forward.
McAsey hasn't really shown enough to be retained.
Sholl I think most would be comfortable moving on if we got a later pick.
McPherson just doesn't seem to have the body to continue his AFL career.
Seedsman surely has to be close to decision time?
McPherson biggest issue is his decision making on field - pay him out free a spot

We will get zero for mcasey I would retain for one last crack. Must be sent back to back line as hes not a good set shot and we have forwards coming out of our ears, and with potentially keeler, and then welsh coming through

If he cant cut it in back line then delist (bust)

frampton, crouch, sholl, rowe all traded for whatever

Were other more senior influential players adhering to those same standards? Absolutely not, so it's hard to expect Stengle to do the same.

Stengle was correct in the rules shouldn't apply to him. He got picked up again and will win a flag tomorrow. If a lessor player was caught there would be no second chance.

We faulted in that we didn't realise what his true potential was, we made a sacrificial lamb out of the wrong player.

So purely form and strategic trade based oustings?
Their off-field issues were mere coincidence?
Bernie’s indiscretions weren’t that bad. Sando didn’t play him in the middle and he was a player on our list we were prepared to let go and had value.

What were Brads off field issues before we tried to get pick 2 for him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back