Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the AFL rubber stamp Norf getting Bowes and pick 7 for one of the extra 2nd rounders they have to trade....
Rubber stamp it?

It almost feels contrived that the AFL have both given NM picks in 2023 that they must trade, GCS having a massive requirement for 2023 draft point to cover three 2023 top 30 academy kids and then the AFL saying that salary dumps will now be looked at more favourably coinciding with GCS needing to do a massive dump.

You can see a trade like:
  • NM receive Bowes, pick 7
  • GCS receive 2023 2nd and 3rd

Effectively NM get a top 10 pick for free n GCS get 2023 picks and cap relief.

Just watch it happen…

Don’t underestimate GC’s pettiness. They’ll want to stick it to us if they can (even if they might fail at doing so)
wouldn't surprise me if the reason they are forcing out Bowes, is to increase their offer to Rankine.

We should go hard for Bowes and get him to nominate us, and force their hand.

Rubber stamp it?

It almost feels contrived that the AFL have both given NM picks in 2023 that they must trade, GCS having a massive requirement for 2023 draft point to cover three 2023 top 30 academy kids and then the AFL saying that salary dumps will now be looked at more favourably coinciding with GCS needing to do a massive dump.

Just watch it happen…
With a likely priority pick, that will give NM some hand in the top 10 + Bowes. The Clarkson show will probably put Bowes off.

Rubber stamp it?

Just watch it happen…
Cant trade a pick for player plus pick was pick for player only

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wouldn't surprise me if the reason they are forcing out Bowes, is to increase their offer to Rankine.

We should go hard for Bowes and get him to nominate us, and force their hand.
That would be the smart move

Then again, if the club was smart, we'd currently have more list spots to work with than we do at present

If that’s the pass mark, I reckon there’s gonna be many disappointed posters, who really shouldn’t be

The pass mark IMO is giving up something akin to the value of pick 8-10 for Rankine

I'm not expecting much more.
Lose 5 , gain Rankine and add another 2nd rd list clogged and I'll be a bit deflated.

Surely GC won’t deal Bowes to us given we have lured Rankine. They just won’t
The player not the sending club chooses their destination.

Agree.
If we give up 5 but still manage to get back in to the first round, i'll consider it a pass.
Is there anyone around the 9-14 pick range who needs points?
More likely GWS will have multiple 1st rounders they could be looking to move up in the draft.

With a likely priority pick, that will give NM some hand in the top 10 + Bowes. The Clarkson show will probably put Bowes off.
Stability in coaching, opportunity to go into the midfield, and Burgess on fitness would be big attractions for Bowes one would think. As bad as North are they have some great midfield talent they’re looking to get games into. We also have some too, but you would think that were a better option and as a minimum Bowes has a spot in defence.

I have to admit, im still wrapping my head around this Bowes situation.

So if Rankine is worth a mid 1st. And the Suns are willing to pay a mid 1st to get Bowes off the books. And the AFL has now made salary dump trade's totally legal.

Is there a reality where the Suns give us Rankine and Bowes and we give them essentially nothing?
They have said they are willing to use pick 7 for Bowes salary dump, but would want something back.

So could do something like pick #5 & future 2nd for Rankine, Bowes & pick #7. Gives GC some points towards their academy picks next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back