Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So, what we are classifying as a pass mark this trade and drafting period; is it simply get Rankine and keep pick 5 (which will blow out on draft night).
Getting Rankine and keeping pick 5 is much better than a pass mark, that is the best outcome we can hope for.

I've made a conscious decision to ignore all the absolute rubbish that comes from trade radio. I refuse to listen to the Victorian BS.

So if someone can do it for me and keep me updated, I would greatly appreciate it :D
I made that choice last year. Then got suckered into the last 3 hours thinking there simply wouldn't be time for the VIC BS and relentless adds...

Oh how wrong I was.

Someone (not me) needs to take one for the team, just in case, by some miracle, they actually have something interesting or remotely useful to say.

I just follow the twitter. Easier that way. They post the "important" stuff and you don't have to listen to the waffle and endless ads.

If they do it'll be on twitter anyway
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to be a pessimist but surely the game from Gold Coast is to entice another team to pick up Bowes by allowing them to upgrade their hand in the draft. Gold Coast then offer Rankine $850,000 pa which is strangely more than we are offering.

Could we end up with a very expensive Bowes (plus an improved draft pick) and miss out on Rankine? I am usually a glass half full sort of guy but the Bowes deal smells like a rotting fish head.

I hate to be a pessimist but surely the game from Gold Coast is to entice another team to pick up Bowes by allowing them to upgrade their hand in the draft. Gold Coast then offer Rankine $850,000 pa which is strangely more than we are offering.

Could we end up with a very expensive Bowes (plus an improved draft pick) and miss out on Rankine? I am usually a glass half full sort of guy but the Bowes deal smells like a rotting fish head.

We would need Bowes to be part of the same deal as Rankine, rather than separate deals.

Rankine had already committed to us. That won't happen.

We would need Bowes to be part of the same deal as Rankine, rather than separate deals.
I agree that it would probably be even beyond the AFC to get Bowes and as a result lose Rankine but…….

My point is I think there is ZERO chance we get Rankine, Bowes and Pick 7 for Pick 5 (or even less).

Rankine has nominated Adelaide as his club of choice but he would not be the first player to nominate a club and subsequently decide to stay with his original club.

It’s very, very clear what I am saying.

We decided he wasn’t worth the baggage.

This is indisputable

What you don't account for is he made us decide time and time again.

We had already made a decision that he had talent when we traded for him. We decided he was worth the trouble after his drink driving indiscretion in April 2020. We decided he as worth the baggage when we extended him for 2 years in mid 2020. We decided he was worth the trouble after him and Crouch got caught with coke by the police and suspended by the AFl.

Our club has made that many errors its not even funny. I just don't understand why people chase the errors that don't exist.

Yep - can't see a situation now where Isaac turns his back on us now, having fornally and publically asked to be traded here (regardless of whether they suddenly throw a larger wad of cash at him)
Izak

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back