List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We should be playing Dev he’s our future if it means dropping players like Lyons so be it as I was saying last night we need to start fazing out players while we’re still strong it will help Us stay near the top a lot longer
Or…. Make him earn his spot in the twos like just about every other player other than a select few….

Do we really want to watch Dev play 200 games for the eagles whilst Lyons jogs around the field next year like a slow moving bus?

Just need to take a business-like decision. Lyons for next 2 years means chances might be few for Dev. A contracted Dev might attract a second rounder. If Ashcroft and Fletcher come in as forecasted, then I'd rather move Dev along, draft someone in and see if we can spread out the draftee profile of our list a bit more.

While I'd rather keep him, it makes total sense from our list perspective. It'll be good for Dev as well, he'll get consistent midfield time next year at say Eagles compared to us.

Just need to take a business-like decision. Lyons for next 2 years means chances might be few for Dev. A contracted Dev might attract a second rounder. If Ashcroft and Fletcher come in as forecasted, then I'd rather move Dev along, draft someone in and see if we can spread out the draftee profile of our list a bit more.

While I'd rather keep him, it makes total sense from our list perspective. It'll be good for Dev as well, he'll get consistent midfield time next year at say Eagles compared to us.
Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Would you offer Adelaide a second round pick for Harry Schoenberg?

Would you offer Adelaide a second round pick for Harry Schoenberg?

Nope, not for Schoenberg. I'd pay a second (a pick in 30s from us) for Fisher McEasy (21yo/198/98). He fits a need for us, contracted for next year and may develop in our side if McStay goes.

I see Dev in the same way for Eagles, he fits a need for them and might be a better option than a second round draftee. Reading the draft boards, after pick 15 onwards the level of talent is fairly mixed this year. Eagles may prefer Dev instead but we need to be firm on our ask.

Nope, not for Schoenberg. I'd pay a second (a pick in 30s from us) for Fisher McEasy (21yo/198/98). He fits a need for us, contracted for next year and may develop in our side if McStay goes.

I see Dev in the same way for Eagles, he fits a need for them and might be a better option than a second round draftee. Reading the draft boards, after pick 15 onwards the level of talent is fairly mixed this year. Eagles may prefer Dev instead but we need to be firm on our ask.
lol McAsey lacks one key attribute, and so does Brisbane (as far as McAsey is concerned).

Do we have any Academy players next year you would be looking for points for next year if we were to trade out players.
I believe there will be some U17 games later in the year, so we might have a better idea then.

We didn’t have any in the Allies squad (Gold Coast did).

We had a couple of U17 December birthdays in our U16 team in the recent U16 series.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to keep Dev Robertson out of the potential losses. This is not about now. It's about our Midfield in 2 years time. We have a slowing Lyons and an ageing Zorko to replace. We may get Ashcroft but looking forward our midfield our Midfield group would consist of Neale,Robertson,Ashcroft Rayner,Mccluggage,Berry, Bailey.
We've invested in Dev thorough a highish pick at 21 and yet we haven't given him a chance to excel as an inside mid in the 1sts.He is the Lyons replacement. To lose him would be a major setback and list management failure.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It can’t be seen as good business for the club to potentially move Dev on.

He’d be on minimal money, unlike the Witherden situation. There’s a clear path to a senior position with Lyons form and our lack of other proven options.

Realistically his trade value would be reasonably low. Were potentially looking at a decent draft haul so not as if we need to rejevinate the list by turning him over.

I
We need to keep Dev Robertson out of the potential losses. This is not about now. It's about our Midfield in 2 years time. We have a slowing Lyons and an ageing Zorko to replace. We may get Ashcroft but looking forward our midfield our Midfield group would consist of Neale,Robertson,Ashcroft Rayner,Mccluggage,Berry, Bailey.
We've invested in Dev thorough a highish pick at 21 and yet we haven't given him a chance to excel as an inside mid in the 1sts.He is the Lyons replacement. To lose him would be a major setback and list management failure.

We actually invested two picks in to Dev. Pick 22 (2019) and our future second round pick (2020).

Especially if he goes on to play 150+ games at another club as a decent inside mid. I believe we should have found a way to play him for most of the year, as we did last year. He plays other positions reasonably well, wing and half forward. For mine he should have been in our side rotating between those positions with about 30-40% midfield time. If that meant less midfield time for others than so be it. The situation a couple of weeks ago when half the side was missing and he still didn't play was ridiculous.

As it occurred to anyone that they don't really rate Dev.

That's the conclusion I'm drawing.

Only other scenario is they're telling him you'll be sweet mate ,just wait your turn.
Absolutely, if they did rate him they would find a way to get him in the 22.

What had Robertson done to demand a spot in the team? People making out as if he has dominated and then been dropped.
I thought he was pretty good last year in a number of roles. There were high hopes for him this year from many on this board. I'm not sure anyone is arguing his form is irresistible, more so that he appears/ did appear to be an important player for us going forward and that losing him would hurt. Especially if in a year or two he is playing regular season footy somewhere else and we are looking to replace Lyons and Zorko as first choice mids. Add in the fact many of us feel a midfielder with good size (Dev is 185cm and 85+ kg) and running power (Dev is deceptively quick and has good endurance) is a real need for our group, as besides Jerry we have none.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back