List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
Who was the last team to jump out of the bottom 4 because of the 18 year olds they drafted?
Trading in ready made players is what we need.

On the flip side plenty of clubs (including us) have bombed out by topping up on too much mature talent that isn’t particularly talented. We don’t need to be going after mature players just for the sake of it, we don’t want to end up with another too many limited footballers that clog the list.

It’s a delicate balancing act, but I’d argue that at this stage of the rebuild the draft still needs to be a huge priority.

The acurate one

I think I made a post about the Hateful 8 a while ago, but this is the *ed fifteen. I still have a hope for Bonars and maybe a Clarko-inspired Polec, but the rest are either going or gone already some actually, some just don’t know it yet.

Mahony
Turner
Ziebell
Walker
Polec
Hall
Lazarro
Atu
Bonar
Greenwood
Young
WalkerP
Spicer
Hayden
McGuinness
Agree with most of those, some are just cooked and were good players. But Young? He has a great year and WILL be around for many more. He has all the attributes you want in a modern player and improved dramatically this year.
Extra rookie picks may have given Polec another crack, Hall is good but soft tissue injuries seem to be catching up. Lazarro i thought showed a bit later in the year despite his fumbling - but he started getting himself into good positions at least. He could come on like Young did.

On the flip side plenty of clubs (including us) have bombed out by topping up on too much mature talent that isn’t particularly talented. We don’t need to be going after mature players just for the sake of it, we don’t want to end up with another too many limited footballers that clog the list.

It’s a delicate balancing act, but I’d argue that at this stage of the rebuild the draft still needs to be a huge priority.
Thankfully clarko is choosing these days.
The draft pick could be durdin all over again. Less chance of that with exposed AFL form.
The draft is at best an educated guess.

Who was the last team to jump out of the bottom 4 because of the 18 year olds they drafted?
Trading in ready made players is what we need.
If we get pick 7 it should help us get another decent ready to go player and probably a bit of change.
2022 Collingwood? :moustache::moustache:

Seriously tho, Clark looks fine and all. But will he really singlehanded make difference between us ending up 18th or 13th?

We’d already be expecting a modest ladder improvement due to the addition of logue, Bowes, tucker, and the best coach around.

I also find something very attractive indeed about having a spine with Larkey, Comben and Cadman available for one end, and McKay, Logue and Busslinger for the other.

2022 Collingwood? :moustache::moustache:

Seriously tho, Clark looks fine and all. But will he really singlehanded make difference between us ending up 18th or 13th?

We’d already be expecting a modest ladder improvement due to the addition of logue, Bowes, tucker, and the best coach around.

I also find something very attractive indeed about having a spine with Larkey, Comben and Cadman available for one end, and McKay, Logue and Busslinger for the other.
We play 7-8 Shitmen every week.
Just getting them of the field improves us. ford, mahoney perez, lazz, comben, goater, Bergman etc would not have played a game for any other club.
That's our biggest weakness imo
To much of playing the kids before they are ready.

1. Trade our 2023 2nd pick & Jed to St Kilda for Clark & their 2023 4th pick.

2. Trade both of our 2023 "assistance" picks to Gold Coast for Bowes, Sam Day (contracted for 2023) and picks 7, 25 & 43.

3. Picks 25 & 43 to Freo for Logue and Tucker.

4. Picks 55 & 65 (and a non-Ashcroft bid) to Brisbane for their 2023 3rd pick.

Out: Turner, Anderson, Bosenavulagi, Hayden, P Walker & Polec (negotiate his retirement).
In: Clark, Bowes, Day, Logue, Tucker, Wardlaw/Cadman, Busslinger & Harvey.
(Would also need to move 4 players from the senior list to the rookie list - I'd nominate Lazzaro, Spicer, Mahony & J Walker.)

Go into 2023 minus our 2nd pick, but have an extra 3rd (Brisbane) and 4th (St Kilda).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F2 to GC for Bowes & 7
Pick 7 & PF3 to Freo for Logue, Tucker & F1 & F3
PF2 to Saints Clarke

Gain: Bowes, Logue, Tucker, F1, F3 & Clarke
Lose: F2, PF2 & PF3

Can’t remember who said it this morning, but they said Clark is having second thoughts because of the Clarko situation. I got the impression that he wants to play under Clarko but with the current situation he needs convincing that Clarko will be our coach
Have to really concentrate when reading this post.

Do we need to?

Logue, Tucker, Bowes and Clark potentially coming in.

Pick 1, Pick 7 and Harvey at the draft.

Where does that leave us with list positions?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Got a couple of spots left then the additional rookie compensations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back