List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
They have pick 14 and that's it over the first 4 rounds.

No wonder 6 blokes will leave. Freo clearly happy to see the back of them.

They will slide next year with next to no depth.

Potentially losing Mundy, Logue, Lobb, Henry, Tucker, Acres, Hamling is a big change.

A regularly injured Fyfe and a finishing Walters too.

Seen much worse every week for us over the last ten or so years, doubt he'd cost much either.

I hope Tuckers has lowered his expectations.

He certainly looks like a solid lad in those highlights. It would seem it can lay a tackle and identify a teammate, so he’s ahead of about 25 already.

The point is...there isn't!! We've won 7 of our last 59. We are a terrible football team. Lots of players have had lots of chances and played lots of crap. Some will have to stay on the list through necessity. Fair enough. But I don't want them playing regular AFL football unless absolutely necessary. Tucker is no star, but probably better than what we have, and not scarred by 3 years of hopeless coaching. Clarko would back himself to develop players like him and find a role. If we only target flawless players then we'll end up with nothing.
Isn’t there, I’m not talking there is no room for improvement but in terms of replicating any output Tucker would provide we do have options, Scott, Goater (based on his performance v GC) Perez, Stephenson.

I’m not suggesting picking up flawless players however they needs to be more improvement than what Tucker can provide.EDIT that’s way harsher than I really mean but I do think we need to be sure there’s a clear upgrade.

I said earlier in the thread I get ideas like hill and logue, as they have clear attributes that we need. Hill is definitely flawed but in an environment where he isn’t the number one guy his run and ball use is a real upgrade. Logue is a clear upgrade on walker or any other third tall.

It’s the challenge of list improvement anyone can throw up available players but do these players whilst taking a spot really improve the side not only for 2023 but beyond. If we bring in a known limited quantity are we better off looking at the draft to pick someone with potential albeit unknown eg from the clips I’ve seen and reports on Cowan why don’t we just go for him.

Again if he comes across I’ll back him but merely bringing in fringe players in many cases is a bit of risk.

Last edited:
Got a text from a mate who usually gets good mail..

The offer for Logue is $700k x 4 and has been accepted.

Not saying it is absolute fact, but just sharing what i have been told.

Personally i feel the wages are too high, but a key backman is the most glaring hole on our list
That couldn't possibly be right. 700k..he's not Ross Glendinning

Whilst it’s a high figure I don’t mind it, position of need, long term potential hopefully front loaded.

Considering we’d have to pay a bit of a premium to get him across I’m ok with it. Pricey I know but it’s ok. Our backline would be pretty set, I wonder if Clarko is looking at him as a Gibson type (I think he’s a perfect type for that)

Personally i feel the wages are too high, but a key backman is the most glaring hole on our list
Very nice.
Thanks for the info mate.

I think the club will show what their gut feel is about JHF (staying or going end of 2023) during this up coming trade period .
Because If we end up trading future first & or 2nd rounders for next season .
I feel the club is almost expecting him to go & we will get these picks back via his trade next season.
Does feel a bit like that

Yep I think so
I better check myself as I don’t want to be too negative on it, I do have concerns as posted above and I do see him having some skills, I’m not saying he’s completely useless I’m just concerned over his production.

If we do get him for nix it’s fine I guess particularly If we get those extra spots. Hope Clarko unleashes the beast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you’re mate is right.

Don’t mind it - always need to pay a bit overs to get a decent player out of a club. Especially when that club is in finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It is absolutely what would be required to have him leave his home state, playing for a side that are likely to play in a GF over the next couple years...

To come to a side that has won 9 games in 3 years.

Last edited:

Sounds logical, if he turned down 500k at freok, would need to be around 700k to bring him over, he isn't moving across the country for an extra 100k

I better check myself as I don’t want to be too negative on it, I do have concerns as posted above and I do see him having some skills, I’m not saying he’s completely useless I’m just concerned over his production.

If we do get him for nix it’s fine I guess particularly If we get those extra spots. Hope Clarko unleashes the beast
We need to stop getting run over in the last quarter so much.
Tucker/ Hill would add to our running ability in more ways than one.
Simpkin/LDU/Taylor should not really be getting top 3 in our time trials at their ages.
Tucker and Hill would improve that considerably.
I wont lose any sleep if we don't get them but I can see what they would add to our squad pretty easily.

We need to stop getting run over in the last quarter so much.
Tucker/ Hill would add to our running ability in more ways than one.
Simpkin/LDU/Taylor should not really be getting top 3 in our time trials at their ages.
Tucker and Hill would improve that considerably.
I wont lose any sleep if we don't get them but I can see what they would add to our squad pretty easily.
Ok that’s what I’m getting at, if he does bring those attributes I see the value. I guess I just want to challenge the mindset that clubs in our position can fall into that bringing in players just because their available is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back