List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
I'm 100% on board that Port are kidding themselves with their current offer of pick 8(9) this year and a future 1st (which could be between 10 and 14. They're in fantasy land if they think we'll accept that for our 'generational' 19 year old self-entitled no.1 draft pr*ck.

If they're unwilling to include either Bergman or Sinn in that current offer then the club should accept nothing less than an upgrade of their current no.8 pick to a top 5 pick as has been widely reported. I understand it's not our problem, it's theirs totally. In saying that however I've been racking my brains as to how they would manage to obtain top this 5 draft pick selection before the end of draft week.

Does anybody have some thoughts on how Port can get this done?
That has been dismissed by the
We haven't offered him almost $1m per year. That's garbage guesses by AFL media.

The clarko racism scandal was the last straw for him.
JHF camp, just dribbling now.

Na too much. No point chasing a disgruntled player if it results in your club being weaker. Just ask west coast with Tim Kelly.

Hopefully both recruiting teams are mature enough to reach a fair compromise.
How about you just f..k off to your board - you’ll pay or it won’t get done there will be no compromise from North. Twat.

We haven't offered him almost $1m per year. That's garbage guesses by AFL media.

The clarko racism scandal was the last straw for him.

Tell your story walking pissant..

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

Either Poort pony up a sweet deal in our favour or they walk away from this trade period an absolute embarrassment (as if Cane Toad Corn hasn’t embarrassed them enough).

I suppose that will teach them for letting a Tabloid TV Show host do their recruiting (illegally) 🤣🖕🤣🖕🤣🖕

In fact we should give them a list of names and ask them to talk to them about a trade and then turn around and say…….. changed our mind.

Let them piss off a few players and cause some unrest.

shintemaster he's stealing your bit.

But that's exactly what he has done by joining Geelong. His existing 2 year deal will be spread across 4 years and be heavily back ended.
See this is what I don't understand. If I sign a contract which has 2 years @ $850k I want to be paid those 2 years @ $850k. How can a club then trade him out and another club can reduce his annual income by smoothing it over 4??

Really doesn't sound fair or reasonable from an employee perspective???

See this is what I don't understand. If I sign a contract which has 2 years @ $850k I want to be paid those 2 years @ $850k. How can a club then trade him out and another club can reduce his annual income by smoothing it over 4??

It doesn't, but that's exactly what Geelong have done. Player has to agree to it, and obviously he just wanted to go to Geelong.

We offered to do similar over 4 years but with an extra 250k on top.

It doesn't, but that's exactly what Geelong have done. Player has to agree to it, and obviously he just wanted to go to Geelong.

We offered to do similar over 4 years but with an extra 250k on top.
I reckon we’d shoot ourselves in the foot spreading that load for when Ldu, Mckay etc need big contracts

It does if they agree to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 firsts is significant for a player that's checked out of your club. You'll only dig an even deeper hole for yourselves by rejecting it.
No we won't.

He can stay, play VFL or fake an injury and stay in Adelaide next year if he likes.

He can then think about nominating for the PSD at the end of next year, nominate his $800k. He'll then realise that the bottom club will pick him up with the intention of convincing him to play for them. After all it's only a PSD pick, not much to lose. That club won't be Port. Could be Adelaide but more likely to be another club.

The H-F camp knows this, wants to avoid him living out of Adelaide at all costs. So they will accept a trade to the Crows after all. North will then accept the best offer from the Crows or Port.

So it's better for us if he stays because next year Adelaide will have planned, will have the capital to make a good offer.

I think the best comparison to a potential JHF trade is the Chris Judd trade. Yes, Judd was a superstar of the competition at the time, but he was also halfway through his career. JHF hasnt even started.

Judd trade was as follows: Pick 3, Pick 20 and a young gun (Josh Kennedy) - > Judd and pick 46

If we pull the trigger on the trade, this should be the blueprint.

But that's exactly what he has done by joining Geelong. His existing 2 year deal will be spread across 4 years and be heavily back ended.

He's also going to a good club. He's not even playing at Gold Coast so I don't know why he'd be doing them any favours.

You're dreaming. North not in a position to be massively screwing us for a player that doesnt want to be there.

Yes, we are.

2 firsts + sinn/bermann is the equivalent of 3 firsts for a player that hates it there.

Him liking it here or not is irrelevant, he is contracted.

That's unheard of and won't happen.

You mean, like Papley?

Even Adelaide's offer was basically a tad over 2 firsts given north had to send pick 19 back.

It was, the back and forth on the last pick wasn't a lot, but it was pick 4 and future 1st from a shit team which ended up to be pick 5. Go get pick 4 and 5 and we will be happy with 2 picks. 8 and whatever the **** next year will be isn't in the same ballpark, they offered more than 5000 draft points, yours don't even come up to 3000, not even the value of our current pick one let alone a "once in a generation" pick one.

Port doesn't have the currency to be chasing JHF, if Geelong came at us with pick 18 and future 1st we would have to take that because it's all they had? No. You go get the currency or you **** off. If we don't trade him next and he asks to be traded again then that is a different story because he wont be contracted.

I think if Port is reasonable, we will let him go. You either have to go off and get two better picks or get a player to move, either way, i don't see how you can do it without moving someone of value because your draft picks are mediocre.

If North wants to be unreasonable and hurt itself even more then so be it, deal won't happen. We'll get to keep our 2 firsts and you'll get to keep a player that hates it there.

I ask you, if you had a Victorian player you took at number one and he was touted as a once in a generation player, would Port want more than pick 8 and a future first from a team who thinks they should have been playing finals footy?

I don't know what is fair, I don't really care. I don't work for the club and I am not in list management. The clubs will work it out or they wont.

Trade radio just nominated geelongs best 22 in 2023. Bowes, Henry & Buhn not in it.
Probably don't care whether they play AFL or VFL because they get payed the same anyway.
Pick 7 will probably play 3 years in the VFL before he gets a gig.

He's also going to a good club. He's not even playing at Gold Coast so I don't know why he'd be doing them any favours.

This is all kinds of ****ed up, if the AFL were a fair dinkum organisation and the AFLPA even cared half of one iota then they would ensure that the player moved out would be guaranteed their current contract agreement.
So in this case Bowels would have gotten $850k $850k and if they wanted a further 2 years he gets paid a new sum for that new contract and it shouldn’t be allowed to be ZERO value or below the basic wage.

In essence what Bowels has done is agreed to get the same money $1.7m over 4 years OR working for free for the extra 2 years.

It’s a ****ing rort that will keep the Big End of Town at the top of the ladder as they are just more attractive options than the lowlife clubs like we are viewed as.

I mean why the **** would you want to take a pay cut of $425,000 a year which effectively what Bowels has done!

Trade radio just nominated geelongs best 22 in 2023. Bowes, Henry & Buhn not in it.
Probably don't care whether they play AFL or VFL because they get payed the same anyway.
Pick 7 will probably play 3 years in the VFL before he gets a gig.

Then they said they would all be playing early in the season. Good clubs have depth and competition for spots. Something we haven't had for a long time

Yes, we are.

Him liking it here or not is irrelevant, he is contracted.

You mean, like Papley?

It was, the back and forth on the last pick wasn't a lot, but it was pick 4 and future 1st from a s**t team which ended up to be pick 5. Go get pick 4 and 5 and we will be happy with 2 picks. 8 and whatever the * next year will be isn't in the same ballpark, they offered more than 5000 draft points, yours don't even come up to 3000, not even the value of our current pick one let alone a "once in a generation" pick one.

Port doesn't have the currency to be chasing JHF, if Geelong came at us with pick 18 and future 1st we would have to take that because it's all they had? No. You go get the currency or you * off. If we don't trade him next and he asks to be traded again then that is a different story because he wont be contracted.

I think if Port is reasonable, we will let him go. You either have to go off and get two better picks or get a player to move, either way, i don't see how you can do it without moving someone of value because your draft picks are mediocre.

I ask you, if you had a Victorian player you took at number one and he was touted as a once in a generation player, would Port want more than pick 8 and a future first from a team who thinks they should have been playing finals footy?

I don't know what is fair, I don't really care. I don't work for the club and I am not in list management. The clubs will work it out or they wont.

Don’t feed the mindless Tas

Gotta pull out of this deal with WC, they want more which means we get less and that makes no sense when our player is way more valuable than pick 2 plus Rioli.

Port are going to have to put up quickly or we need to be on the phone to Williams and tell him to advise JHF not to start ordering packing tape yet.

We have nothing to lose now refusing to trade, JHF will still be worth two first rounders in 2023. The other two parties have everything hinging on this, I have no idea why we’re under any duress.
I doubt any three way will happen, Brady probably just suggested he needs to trade with his old mate O’Brien first.
Port are screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back