List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trash picks will get it done.
Players move for more opportunity every year.
Neither club would stand in there way.
Long could be a little as swapping our future 3rds with the saints.
Tucker would be similar.
Logue and Bruhn are the only players we have been linked to that may cost our second rounder (2023).
Who knows what's going to happen.
We still have 4 weeks before any trade will be done.
Yeah, look I guess I thought Long would require higher picks than that, given he played 19 seniors games this year and he was originally drafted as a second rounder, but you could be right, and time will tell.

I can see us getting 19 and a second rounder and 19 next year.

May even do better than that.

Let them kick up a stink.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get something decent, but this is the same mob that put Ambassador money for Clarkson back on the table as soon as we got into pole-position, these snakes aren't going to be doing us any favours, they just want to avoid looking as biased as they are after given GC the shitload of concessions they received.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do get something decent, but this is the same mob that put Ambassador money for Clarkson back on the table as soon as we got into pole-position, these snakes aren't going to be doing us any favours, they just want to avoid looking as biased as they are after given GC the shitload of concessions they received.
Ambassador money? Do tell.....

Richmond likely to land Taranto with Pick 12.

Pretty unbelievable when you think they got Pick 19 for CCJ, Pick 47 & a Future Fourth.
I am so glad the recruiters are gone and Brady got demoted.
He deserved so much worse.
It was negligent not walking CCJ through to the PSD.
We should have pick 1 and pick 19 this year. Now we are at the mercy of the AFL and hoping they grant us a priority pick.
Weak as p1ss.

If CCJ wanted to do right by his old club, then he should have signed with Richmond for lesser money and played VFL as the back up ruck, for the next 3 years.

Weak as p1ss....Brady and co.

I am so glad the recruiters are gone and Brady got demoted.
He deserved so much worse.
It was negligent not walking CCJ through to the PSD.
We should have pick 1 and pick 19 this year. Now we are at the mercy of the AFL and hoping they grant us a priority pick.
Weak as p1ss.

If CCJ wanted to do right by his old club, then he should have signed with Richmond for lesser money and played VFL as the back up ruck, for the next 3 years.

Weak as p1ss....Brady and co.
Leaving aside whether CCJ plays 5 more games or ends up as a key component of our next 3 premierships - I agree completely.

good teams making even better decisions.
I think it definitely had a lot to do with the absolute amateurs, Brady and his recruiting team are.

Richmond had no leverage. No bargaining power.....It was either North, or the PSD....

End result, Richmond walked away with Pick 19!

I am just so glad he didn't give them the prized number 1 pick....

Take it with many grains of salt, but Tom Browne says Bruhn has told us no.

Is probably taking the $150k deal to go home to Geelong.

By coincidence his parents just signed the papers for a new Subway franchise on Malop Street.

anyone else reckon its a lock we trade out pick one? personally i dont think we are getting a PP (at least not anything like the picks that have been handed out to other teams) . our draft hand looks pretty dire and there are no talented players to trade out that we dont require. reckon we will go to the draft with something resembling a late first rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders, try and pick up a few quality 2nd rounders like tiggers did with sonsie last year?
No way.

If we are trading out of pick 1 it'll be for a top 5 and a top 10 pick

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would we chase Bruhn?
He’s a talent, but really surplus to what we need.
Is probably taking the $150k deal to go home to Geelong.

By coincidence his parents just signed the papers for a new Subway franchise on Malop Street.
Some people ask how this comp is rigged and I simply point out the case of Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what choices do we have? possibly my example was a worse case scenario but say pick ones worth what? 3000 points, it really doesn't split and stay at the pointy end of the draft. 8 and 9 roughly worth the same points, or you could split it with say 5 and 13 for similar points.?
You don't trade pick 1 for equal points, you trade it for better value.

Pick 1 for picks 5, 7 or pick 1, 19 for 5, 7, 25

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Take it with many grains of salt, but Tom Browne says Bruhn has told us no.
The same guy who had Clarko to *scum @ $1.05?..

The Kid Mero Wow GIF by Desus & Mero

He’s a talent, but really surplus to what we need.

I agree he definitely has a lot of talent but it could only really happen if we were trading out someone equally as talented.

Some people ask how this comp is rigged and I simply point out the case of Geelong.

I think some are taking unders to play Geelong, it is Carlton that is the more obvious one with bogus ambassador money coming from Visy for doing nothing. Not quite like the Judd rort but it would take a major shareholder to challenge whatshername with the money she is prepared to flush down the toilet on Carlton players. Whilst Visy is publicly listed, she would have to be able to justify how the money Visy is forking out to Carlton players benefits the company for the benefit of making a profit and benefiting shareholders. She could easily pay it out of her own pocket if it is for a personal interest but then it wouldn't be an arms-length transaction and would have to be counted in Carlton's TPP.

I think there is too much of this shenanigan bullshit going around. It is going to take someone with very deep pockets to threaten the status quo and say if this shit isn't stamped out he is putting every player on massive ambassadorial salaries.

It is usually the same clubs, that have cheated in the past or have some delusion that they are entitled to some sort of level of success and will do so at whatever cost no matter what harm it does to the game.

The Carlton Football Club has today made two additional changes to its playing list, with Liam Stocker and Will Hayes informed that they will not be offered new contracts.

Stocker played 28 games in his four seasons at IKON Park, after making his debut in 2019. He made six appearances this year.

Will Hayes made his Carlton debut as the medical sub in Round 17 against the Eagles and was part of the 22 against Geelong, in what were his two appearances since being selected as a mid-season rookie this year.

Carlton Head of List Management Nick Austin acknowledged the efforts of both players.

“Liam gave great effort during his four seasons here and while he was not able to solidify his place in the side this year, his capacity to continue to work hard was a testament to him,” Austin said.

“Although Will was only on the list for a short period of time, his efforts to earn a place in the side to play two games was a result of his work ethic.

“We thank both players for their contributions during their time at the Club and wish them all the best for the future.”

Last edited:
Insane what they paid for him, I remember that draft well and the big hullabaloo around it.

Is it worth having a look? He really hasn't played a whole lot to get a real idea of how he might fare.
A lot of injuries and just can’t get fit.

Insane what they paid for him, I remember that draft well and the big hullabaloo around it.

Is it worth having a look? He really hasn't played a whole lot to get a real idea of how he might fare.

He hasn’t played because he isn’t up to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One of our biggest weakness is when we don’t have the ball in our forward half. We offer up zero pressure, it’s been that way for two long.
You can finally see trade targets that’ll add maximum benefit for ultimately minimal cost.
Hill X 2, Long and Rioli if we can get two of these targets, we’ll automatically be a 5/6 goal a game better, add three and look out.

That’ll mean, midfield sorted, smalls and running players sorted.

We’ll have question marks over a key forward and key back but who knows if Chom and Edwards come along, we might just be in business in 18 months from here.
Cadman with pick 1. From all reports, he just seems like he would fit with Larkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back