List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely go after Logue. Reminds me of Rance before it all started to click for him. A lot of people thought he was a bust once upon a time too.

Bringing in Logue and signing Sicily would go a long way to repairing our defensive issues. Having both playing alongside Corr and McKay would give us a lot of flexibility and would allow us to play a couple of loose checking HB's.

Give Freo our pick 19 (priority pick) for him.

Last edited:
I'd definitely go after Logue. Reminds me of Rance before it all started to click for him. A lot of people thought he was a bust once upon a time too.

Bringing in Logue and signing Sicily would go a long way to repairing our defensive issues. Having both playing alongside Corr and Walker would give us a lot of flexibility and would allow us to play a couple of loose checking HB's.

Do you mean McKay?

I'd take him in a flash but seems pretty rusted on Sydney now, doubt he moves. They'd be pretty keen to retain him

Jake would take one look at the way the ball comes in to our backline and tell his manager to block our calls. He’d go from collecting 30 possessions a week to chasing tail all day.

That might have merit if the AFL operated as a level playing field.

But that's not how the AFL operates so we may as well extract as much as we can from the system, every other club does.
This is why we have a draft system based on where teams finish on the ladder.

The rest is on us to have the right people in place at the club.

I have a feeling the best move we could make this off-season is to get rid of Glenn Luff.

I have no ****ing ideas what this guy is trying to do with our list.

We tried something different but please stop relying on data to structure a list. Football games aren’t won by SuperCoach / Champion Data points.

I am really starting to worry about our list management strategy.

After drafting Edwards in the MSD. Not sure why we went after CCJ in the trade period only for him to be played in the two’s. Not to mention what we gave up for him.

Would’ve been much better to just keep a list spot open and draft and a young KPD.

I am really starting to worry about our list management strategy.

After drafting Edwards in the MSD. Not sure why we went after CCJ in the trade period only for him to be played in the two’s. Not to mention what we gave up for him.

Would’ve been much better to just keep a list spot open and draft and a young KPD.

Because we didn’t expect X to be this good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing in Logue and signing Sicily would go a long way to repairing our defensive issues. Having both playing alongside Corr and McKay would give us a lot of flexibility and would allow us to play a couple of loose checking HB's.

Logue was drafted in 2016 and still hasn't played 50 games. Maybe he's just not that good.

I'd love to sit in on that pitch. I actually like being the alpha in meetings.

NMFC: Hi Hugh McCuggage, thanks for taking our meeting

Hugh McC: No worries, can I have a glass of water?

NM: No. fu** you.

Hugh McC: Excuse me?

NM:Yeah, you heard me, You can't have any water.Sit there.

Hugh McC: What? In the baby chair?

NM:Yeah that's right.

Hugh McC: Ok this is weird. Do you have an offer for me?

NM: Im sure you heard we were going to offer 5 years and 7 million.

Hugh McC: yes that would set me up for life.

NM: Good; because go get it from someone else. We're offering you half.

Hugh McC: Half?

NM: Yeah half. Also, you've got to wash your own gear.

Hugh McC: That's strange.

NM: You got a pet?

Hugh McC: Yeah. my dog Selma is my life.

NM: Well jason Horne Francis likes your dog too. She is his now.

Hugh McC: HUH???

NM: If you ask nice you can see her every 6th Sunday.

Hugh McC: ...

NM: So, you in?

POTY

Agree with all of this although I think pick 19 would be a bit steep. He was drafted high, yes, but he's an out of favour KPD which historically go for peanuts. The majority of better KPDs are drafted with late second/early third rounders. You pay a premium for someone already developed, true, but then take that premium down a touch if they can't get a look in at their own club.

Logue interests me actually. Seemed to be putting together a good block last year. Can't get a look in at Freo. More realistic than Pearce
I still remember when Rozee tried to turn him inside out, break his ankles, and Logue beat him agility-wise. Or that game against the Swans where he hunted about 4-5 blokes in one passage of play, running each of them down up the wing. The bloke can play.

I still remember when Rozee tried to turn him inside out, break his ankles, and Logue beat him agility-wise. Or that game against the Swans where he hunted about 4-5 blokes in one passage of play, running each of them down up the wing. The bloke can play.
Freo website has him at 194 which is not true KPD height I guess. But at the same time you're getting a great athlete as a foil to McKay, who plays taller than what he is. I posted yesterday about missing Scott Thompson - IMV Logue could be a similar type of player for us

McDonald - McKay - Logue
Goater - Corr - Perez

Freo website has him at 194 which is not true KPD height I guess. But at the same time you're getting a great athlete as a foil to McKay, who plays taller than what he is. I posted yesterday about missing Scott Thompson - IMV Logue could be a similar type of player for us

McDonald - McKay - Logue
Goater - Corr - Perez
IIRC he was 4th in his draft pool for standing vertical jump and 1st for running vertical jump. Allows him to play taller than he is. I wouldn't be putting him on Peter Wright but agree that he could play the Scott Thompson role well.

He was touted as a potential Bont type mid after he was picked up, which while I wouldn't go that far he'd certainly be a handy match up for when those types go forward.

Plus working with Luke McPharlin is worth a lot IMO. He's helped all the Freo tall defenders really kick on unnoticed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back