List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paywalled unfortunately mate. Are we mentioned?

Trade chatter: All the latest movement and signing whispers out of the AFL​

Out of contract and set to be on the move, there will be no shortage of suitors for this Fremantle defender. Victorian clubs are clamouring, Jon Ralph writes.
@RalphyHeraldSun

5 min read
April 22, 2022 - 6:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a04a0278e2b163e233a1db9b76e32?amp#share-tools

Victorian clubs searching for a lockdown key defender have made overtures to Fremantle top-10 pick Griffin Logue as he falls out of favour at the Dockers.

Logue is strongly favoured to move to a Melbourne-based club next year given he is out of contract and being chased hard by teams keen for a quality defensive stopper.

The Swan Districts defender played 16 games last year as he looked to have hit his straps after being taken by the Dockers at pick 8 in the 2016 national draft.

But he has played only three of a possible five games so far this year with Alex Pearce and Luke Ryan taking the key defensive position spots.

Vic clubs are circling Dockers defender Griffin Logue. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

The 194cm tall ranks elite for one-on-one contests and is above average for intercept marks and kicking according to Champion Data stats.

Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond all need more defensive cover and one of them might consider a 24-year-old entering his peak.

Essendon continues to be savaged by the opposition’s best tall, with Michael Hurley still attempting a comeback but expected to retire at the end of the season.

Collingwood recruited Williamstown’s Charlie Dean but he has been struck down by a foot injury with Jordan Roughead providing excellent service but turning 32 in November.

The Dockers have roared up the AFL ladder after stockpiling a heap of exciting young kids, with captain Nathan Fyfe (back) expected to return before the mid-season bye.

There is still conjecture about whether key forward Rory Lobb will again ask for a trade at year’s end but at least he has played every game and kicked seven goals as a reliable forward target.

Trade chatter: All the latest movement and signing whispers out of the AFL​

Out of contract and set to be on the move, there will be no shortage of suitors for this Fremantle defender. Victorian clubs are clamouring, Jon Ralph writes.
@RalphyHeraldSun

5 min read
April 22, 2022 - 6:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a04a0278e2b163e233a1db9b76e32?amp#share-tools

Victorian clubs searching for a lockdown key defender have made overtures to Fremantle top-10 pick Griffin Logue as he falls out of favour at the Dockers.

Logue is strongly favoured to move to a Melbourne-based club next year given he is out of contract and being chased hard by teams keen for a quality defensive stopper.

The Swan Districts defender played 16 games last year as he looked to have hit his straps after being taken by the Dockers at pick 8 in the 2016 national draft.

But he has played only three of a possible five games so far this year with Alex Pearce and Luke Ryan taking the key defensive position spots.

Vic clubs are circling Dockers defender Griffin Logue. Picture: AFL Photos/Getty Images

The 194cm tall ranks elite for one-on-one contests and is above average for intercept marks and kicking according to Champion Data stats.

Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond all need more defensive cover and one of them might consider a 24-year-old entering his peak.

Essendon continues to be savaged by the opposition’s best tall, with Michael Hurley still attempting a comeback but expected to retire at the end of the season.

Collingwood recruited Williamstown’s Charlie Dean but he has been struck down by a foot injury with Jordan Roughead providing excellent service but turning 32 in November.

The Dockers have roared up the AFL ladder after stockpiling a heap of exciting young kids, with captain Nathan Fyfe (back) expected to return before the mid-season bye.

There is still conjecture about whether key forward Rory Lobb will again ask for a trade at year’s end but at least he has played every game and kicked seven goals as a reliable forward target.
King. Thank you.

Liam Jones is another that clubs are sneakily going after

Vax mandate here to stay in 2022: AFL

The AFL believes retaining its vaccination mandate until the end of the season will help safeguard the season against more Covid outbreaks.

The league is intent on retaining the current protocols despite the NSW and Victorian governments softening their double-jab rules in many industries.

It believes the hard-line stance + with players still required to have rapid tests before entering club facilities — has helped the league combat the spread of Covid.

The decision means Carlton’s Liam Jones will have to wait until next season if he aims to kickstart his AFL career.

His good mate Levi Casboult told the Herald Sun last month the retired Blues defender was in career-best shape.

Playing in the QAFL, former Blue [PLAYERCARD]Liam Jones[/PLAYERCARD] is as fit as a fiddle, according to ex-teammate [PLAYERCARD]Levi Casboult[/PLAYERCARD]. Picture: John Gass

Playing in the QAFL, former Blue Liam Jones is as fit as a fiddle, according to ex-teammate Levi Casboult. Picture: John Gass

Casboult had lobbied the Gold Coast recruiting team to consider Jones for 2023.

Jones might have been able to ask for special permission to be included in the mid-season draft if the league dropped its mandates given he officially retired from Carlton with a payout.

But that decision is irrelevant, which means Jones will finish the season in the QAFL.

St Kilda AFLW player Georgia Patrikios is unwilling to be vaccinated but it is not known if the league’s mandates will ease by the AFLW season starting in August.

Clubs in Victoria and NSW are thrilled by the easing of rules over close contacts which mean they should have greater player availability in coming months.

Under new guidelines close contacts do not have to isolate after a negative test, with many sidelined in the early rounds of the season because of a family member testing positive.

Fremantle will not be able to call upon multiple players and coaches this weekend against Carlton due to Covid issues.

WA rules still require players to isolate for seven days as a close contact, with South Australian businesses calling upon their health authorities to fall into line with NSW and Victoria.

Queensland has also hinted at easing their rules when the Covid peak is reached but is yet to make a definitive decision.

Looking at the KPD situation - Griffin Logue? OOC at the end of the year and stuck out of the side at the minute. WA boy though so could be happy at home.

That's irrelevant. He's OOC so we need to speculate. There will be a Griffin Logue megathread by COB today.

New York City Animation GIF by Animals

I am really starting to worry about our list management strategy.

After drafting Edwards in the MSD. Not sure why we went after CCJ in the trade period only for him to be played in the two’s. Not to mention what we gave up for him.

Would’ve been much better to just keep a list spot open and draft and a young KPD.
I think we are now seeing the result of elevating a bloke into a position that he is not capable of filling.

Glenn Luff might be good at reading a spreadsheet, but I am not exactly sure he has much of an idea of how to put together a list that actually plays on grass and not a spreadsheet.

Jury is still out on Luff. Our drafting seems to have really improved. I love the Perez, Comben, Powell, Ford, Curtis and Bergman picks. The ruck situation is a little screwy but there was a lot of hard to predict factors at play there. The dearth of KPD developing on the list is the one big black cross by his name.

Logue would be a fantastic addition. He would benefit from having a big stopper like McKay and a third tall like Corr. I said last year either him or Brennan Cox would suit our list perfectly, Cox is pretty imbedded in that 22 though.

I would happily trade a future 2nd for Logue or even better take him in the PSD.

Anyone know anything about Jacob Bauer who supposedly is a 19yo 191cm ex swan academy graduate who is leading the sanfl goal kicking this year?

Worth a look in the MSD if Cunnington or Polec are moved to the long term injury list?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not sure a third tall forward is a pressing priority for us.

Logue would be a fantastic addition. He would benefit from having a big stopper like McKay and a third tall like Corr. I said last year either him or Brennan Cox would suit our list perfectly, Cox is pretty imbedded in that 22 though.

I would happily trade a future 2nd for Logue or even better take him in the PSD.
Imagine trading a future 2nd to fill a list need - the place will go nuts. Much better off keeping it and taking a punt on a Dan Nielsen

9031F9DD-0823-424D-913B-0BFE3A27C36B.jpeg

Looking at the contracts thread, there might be plenty of list changes to come at the end of this year. You’d imagine that Lynch (obviously), Atu, Hayden, P.Walker and potentially McGuinness, Young & Jed are in trouble. Considering we rookie listed Polec it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we moved him on.

Zurhaar, Turner & Taylor you’d imagine would be re-contracted.

Obviously a lot to play out when it comes to J. Walker, Goldy, Cunnington & Hall.

X & Scott are interesting. X may request a trade again, while Scott still doesn’t really have a defined best position. X might have a bit of value, but I wouldn’t imagine there would be too many chasing Scott.

Going to be very interesting to see how how it plays out this year

Surely we take a good key tall mid year.
A couple have been named by Souup and then reassess our position for the end of the year?
Can imagine freo would want a decent trade for louge considering he's pick 8 and there are other circling too.

Surely we take a good key tall mid year.
A couple have been named by Souup and then reassess our position for the end of the year?
Can imagine freo would want a decent trade for louge considering he's pick 8 and there are other circling too.
Would you consider CZ for Logue

Whenever I see mention of Brennan Cox I can't help but think of this:

1650593680474.png

WTAF were we thinking!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we are all over Griffin Logue from Freo.

Addresses a need. He's not necessarily a KPD, but a reliable third tall that is strong one-on-one, can intercept & rebound.

Mckay +
Trade for Logue
Draft Busslinger

Our back 6 starts to take shape.

Hindsight.
Sort of, but not really. It's specifically the Watson pick that I took issue. Battle and Cox in particular were tipped to go at about pick 30, so there was a real opportunity there when they were both still available at our two picks in the 30s. You can always look back with the benefit of hindsight, but that was known at the time and we instead plucked a guy that likely would've been available in the 60s. And it also didn't seem to be a particular need at that time, given we'd already taken 3 x KPDs in the previous two drafts, so no need to reach for him.

FWIW I didn't mind the Williams pick and do think paying out that pick is more so just using the benefit of hindsight.

I hope we are all over Griffin Logue from Freo.

Addresses a need. He's not necessarily a KPD, but a reliable third tall that is strong one-on-one, can intercept & rebound.

Mckay +
Trade for Logue
Draft Busslinger

Our back 6 starts to take shape.
I reckon you can structure up around a McKay plus 2 second tall types (a la Corr) with the right brains and types in there in particular a good intercepting player.

Whenever I see mention of Brennan Cox I can't help but think of this:

View attachment 1380576

WTAF were we thinking!!!
Yup, I remember clearly at the time that we had ****ed this one up beyond belief as neither Watson nor Williams had shown anything like AFL level traits. Depressing.

Jury is still out on Luff. Our drafting seems to have really improved. I love the Perez, Comben, Powell, Ford, Curtis and Bergman picks. The ruck situation is a little screwy but there was a lot of hard to predict factors at play there. The dearth of KPD developing on the list is the one big black cross by his name.

Got to be fair though - he's been on for what 2 drafts with 2 different head coaches. It's not a 1 year process with the level of senior support we've cut on field it will arguably take 3+ years (draft and subsequent season) to get a reasonable feel for things.

Got to be fair though - he's been on for what 2 drafts with 2 different head coaches. It's not a 1 year process with the level of senior support we've cut on field it will arguably take 3+ years (draft and subsequent season) to get a reasonable feel for things
Not just luffy, clayton and finnigan making decisions. Seemingly good last couple drafts. Really keen to see what they can do this season, and if we can target some mature age players to fill the needs on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back