List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch was a wise move just wanted to say that for the 20th time. We feel that our lack of mature players around our youngsters was going to impact their development.

The soft cap wasn't an option, but we have plenty of cash in our player cap. Was the only way we could afford it.
I'd rather that wasn't the case but it just is.

TBH, it must be pretty bloody tempting to name him in the side. Especially with our issues moving the ball forward of centre. Even as a quasi defender. He's a mature body and could play at the level. It would obviously not be a for the future move, it would be a for right now move and we are clearly not making a whole lot of those.

It is mildly concerning if what you are saying about the soft cap is true. How much did Roos cost????

In light of it, it makes me laugh that we have a whole raft of people who post about us pursuing Clarkson, when we are paying coaches as players because we have some squeeze on, what would we play Clarkson with? Rainbows, fairy dust, and some misplaced ideal that he is loyal to a club that cut him 30 years ago.

TBH, it must be pretty bloody tempting to name him in the side. Especially with our issues moving the ball forward of centre. Even as a quasi defender. He's a mature body and could play at the level. It would obviously not be a for the future move, it would be a for right now move and we are clearly not making a whole lot of those.

It is mildly concerning if what you are saying about the soft cap is true. How much did Roos cost????

In light of it, it makes me laugh that we have a whole raft of people who post about us pursuing Clarkson, when we are paying coaches as players because we have some squeeze on, what would we play Clarkson with? Rainbows, fairy dust, and some misplaced ideal that he is loyal to a club that cut him 30 years ago.

Yes well the soft cap we fund the other the AFL does. makes sense. And yes I doubt we could afford a top liner.
Dunno what Roos cost but heck we weren't travelling well when he was there, but no one dared say a bad word about us. Now they're flinging shit like a gorilla at the zoo.

And no I didn't suggest Caro is a gorilla. I've never seen her at the zoo is the truth.

I'd like to know what Roos cost, what his recommendations were and how we are travelling working towards those recommendations.

On Clarko, if he put his hand up, I'd be willing to bet there are 20,000 plus members willing to chip in like they did with debt relief.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Previous years would have been easy to get out with the cap squeezes
But I cannot help but wonder if some players had provisions for automatic increases when it was reinstated and maybe, they aren’t as flush as they would like to be and as amendable

Payne would be a great get, great size and super quick. Only problem is that he’s signed until 2024 and would be hard to get out of Brisbane.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They need a crafty small forward. Straight swap for Mahony!
Excuse the intrusion. We probably need another tall forward, especially if McStay leaves. We seem to have a few craftly small forwards and young Lohmann is a talent.
Although from QLD i think Payne might be gettable, particularly if Gardner signs a new contract. Just had a look on the Lions webpage and 197cm, 105kg. Watching him live he has good speed for a big bloke. Also has some finals experience playing in a prelim and a semi (although injured 2nd Q). Nobles and Fages have a relationship so might be a possibility although Payne is contracted for another couple of years.

Yes well the soft cap we fund the other the AFL does. makes sense. And yes I doubt we could afford a top liner.
Dunno what Roos cost but heck we weren't travelling well when he was there, but no one dared say a bad word about us. Now they're flinging shit like a gorilla at the zoo.

And no I didn't suggest Caro is a gorilla. I've never seen her at the zoo is the truth.

I agree, I was being kinda glib with the Roos remark. the funding source is interesting. If we are shorting what we pay currently vs what we will pay when we are travelling better I would almost suggest that we have that arse about.

On Clarko, if he put his hand up, I'd be willing to bet there are 20,000 plus members willing to chip in like they did with debt relief.

This is not a sustainable way to pay for a coach and coaching set up.

I agree, I was being kinda glib with the Roos remark. the funding source is interesting. If we are shorting what we pay currently vs what we will pay when we are travelling better I would almost suggest that we have that arse about.

This is not a sustainable way to pay for a coach and coaching set up.

Of course not, and we wouldn't have to, but
I'm sure plenty out there would 'help' if needed.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lynch was a wise move just wanted to say that for the 20th time. We feel that our lack of mature players around our youngsters was going to impact their development.

The soft cap wasn't an option, but we have plenty of cash in our player cap. Was the only way we could afford it.
I agree but it would be handy to have him at least at vfl level for a few games and probably would be a useful stopgap this week considering the availability issues, as constructed the list could use extra spot.

I warmed to the move a lot more when I remembered that we went into last year with a spare list spot. With Tom Lynch we effectively have done the same, but also picked up another coach outside the soft cap. It’s one of the smartest moves this regime has done honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no we have much less i believe.
‘Roos rues Roos ruse?

As in what we paid for Roos still applying to the cap. I mean Scott and Shaw paid out by now surely?

Wot? I don't think we're using the full cap mate. We haven't the money.
I think his question is if we aren’t using the full cap then why did we need to pay lynch as a player

I think it’s a fair question?

I mean I was of the understanding that we were maxed out so I didn’t minds the creativity

I think his question is if we aren’t using the full cap then why did we need to pay lynch as a player

I think it’s a fair question?

I mean I was of the understanding that we were maxed out so I didn’t minds the creativity

I didn't think it wasn't fyi- just sayin I believe we're deliberately funding it out of the players cap. I will investigate and report back

I didn't think it wasn't fyi- just sayin I believe we're deliberately funding it out of the players cap. I will investigate and report back
Yeah it’s an interesting point

I’d go with the one which will fund me a nice big seafaring yacht that allows me to spend the rest of my days sailing from port to port looking for adventure
A man after my own heart!

Summer Beer GIF by DEEPSYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back