List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if we are able to pull off the Bowes deal and go to the draft with picks #7 & #9. I have a lot more faith in the current recruiters than past and its the sought of thing that would set us up for years.

All the naysayers bagging the club on the exiting player rumours will be eating humble pie.
Be more than happy to eat humble our if that happens, but it won't

Top 10 in an under achieving St Kilda side is hardly earth shattering. Even then IMO he was long way off where he should have been. Look at Windhager, Owens & NWM in their first year its night & day.
You know we played finals that year so under achieving ? You might also have taken a quick look to see the hunter Clark was named in our best in both finals.

Are we jumping the gun a bit with Bowes? Is there any information anywhere suggesting he has any interest in coming to St Kilda.

All 17 clubs will surely have an interest. And there are plenty more appealing clubs to choose from unfortunately for us.
We were one of 4 sides listed in the article who has shown interest in him.

Are we jumping the gun a bit with Bowes? Is there any information anywhere suggesting he has any interest in coming to St Kilda.

All 17 clubs will surely have an interest. And there are plenty more appealing clubs to choose from unfortunately for us.
The good clubs don't have enough cap space, we're fighting against the other basket cases for his signature. North and Essendon don't have a coach yet which makes us more appealing.

Tight salary caps might count quite a few out. We have room apparently. Particularly if DeGoey doesn’t come. Which I think is likely. We might find ourselves in a good position for a change.

Tight salary caps might count quite a few out. We have room apparently. Particularly if DeGoey doesn’t come. Which I think is likely. We might find ourselves in a good position for a change.
Yep. We were saving heaps of cash to have a crack at bing before he resigned. Jordy isn’t coming so let’s get this heckin'g done

VFL DEFENDER ATTRACTING INTEREST

CLUBS are monitoring Port Melbourne defender Ethan Phillips ahead of this year's draft period, with his AFL hopes bolstered by being crowned the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal winner last week.
The award's recipient, who is annually recognised as the most promising young talent in the VFL, has ultimately been drafted to an AFL list for 15 consecutive seasons dating back to 2008.
Phillips is hoping to make it 16 straight times later this year, with the 196cm intercept defender enjoying an outstanding campaign with Port Melbourne where he averaged 19.6 disposals and 9.8 marks per game.
Fg9nVUH9.jpg

Williamstown defender Charlie Dean claimed the award last season before being drafted to Collingwood, while premiership players like Michael Hibberd, Kane Lambert and Bayley Fritsch, as well as All-Australians like Luke Ryan, are also fellow winners.
The 23-year-old Phillips attracted some interest during this year's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, but is hopeful traction among clubs will continue to gather momentum ahead of November's national and rookie drafts.
"There's been a little bit of talk, but it's mainly going through my management at the moment. I've just got to wait and see how things are sitting after the Trade Period," Phillips told AFL.com.au.
"Hopefully, there are clubs that are interested and in need of a key defender. (But) I feel like even if I missed out, I could get a chance to train-on with a club. I'd be pretty confident in my ability to show enough and then get signed on." – Riley Beveridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AS much as I like seeing other clubs suffer as much as we have to, I feel North.

They haven't been competitive for years and finally got some decent news and they've been shat on.

The whole things sad
Yeah ...well * em ..they would be the first to stick the boots in if the situation were reversed.

Yeah ...well * em ..they would be the first to stick the boots in if the situation were reversed.
Some would, like any club. Majority wouldn't it's just the minority are usually the loudest.

Better off showing a little class's in these situations. It can quickly come back an bite you in the arse

CLUBS are monitoring Port Melbourne defender Ethan Phillips ahead of this year's draft period, with his AFL hopes bolstered by being crowned the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal winner last week.
The award's recipient, who is annually recognised as the most promising young talent in the VFL, has ultimately been drafted to an AFL list for 15 consecutive seasons dating back to 2008.
Phillips is hoping to make it 16 straight times later this year, with the 196cm intercept defender enjoying an outstanding campaign with Port Melbourne where he averaged 19.6 disposals and 9.8 marks per game.
Fg9nVUH9.jpg

Williamstown defender Charlie Dean claimed the award last season before being drafted to Collingwood, while premiership players like Michael Hibberd, Kane Lambert and Bayley Fritsch, as well as All-Australians like Luke Ryan, are also fellow winners.
The 23-year-old Phillips attracted some interest during this year's NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft, but is hopeful traction among clubs will continue to gather momentum ahead of November's national and rookie drafts.
"There's been a little bit of talk, but it's mainly going through my management at the moment. I've just got to wait and see how things are sitting after the Trade Period," Phillips told AFL.com.au.
"Hopefully, there are clubs that are interested and in need of a key defender. (But) I feel like even if I missed out, I could get a chance to train-on with a club. I'd be pretty confident in my ability to show enough and then get signed on." – Riley Beveridge

We should have grabbed him mid season.

If Gold Coast weren't offering up Pick 7 in a package with Bowes, and it was just the player - are we still interested? Can't just bring in players for the sake of it, has to be someone we think can contribute for 4-5 years at that price. Has shown a bit but has never really kicked on, like a lot of our list. And we already have too many half backs.

If Gold Coast weren't offering up Pick 7 in a package with Bowes, and it was just the player - are we still interested? Can't just bring in players for the sake of it, has to be someone we think can contribute for 4-5 years at that price. Has shown a bit but has never really kicked on, like a lot of our list. And we already have too many half backs.
If Bowes was on 300k a year.

Yeah I would.

The fact he has significant money owed across 2 years and without pick 7? No thanks.

Fg9nVUH9.jpg

Ethan played a blinder against Sandy. Very attractive option for us later in the draft if someone doesn’t get him before us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back