List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be an outstanding draft if we have some luck and pull it off. Interesting we look to be chosing Dawson over over Olli Murphy who is not in Twomey's top #30. Then trading up to get GCS pick #27 where I hope we look at Cooper Simpson as well as the mentioned Hastie & Freijah. Pick #27 will blow out to around 33 on the night.

Ist: Darcy Wilson (you little beauty)
2nd: Will Dawson (huge room for growth)
3rd: Hastie, Freijah or Simpson (speed)

With the above 3 x picks we will still have 3 list spots free =

Picks: 13, 21, 40, 77, 82, 86

4th: Wilson, O'Leary, McAuliffe or Carroll (flankers)

Note: Will Dawson is from Leongatha - Gippsland Power and not WA as mentioned by Twomey in his write up.

Last edited:

Wil Dawson

POS: Tall defender
Ht 200cm, Wt 86kg, DOB 20/12/05
From Subiaco/Western Australia

Dawson is a competitive tall defender who is one of the youngest players in this year's draft pool, only being eligible by less than a fortnight and still to turn 18. He still has development to go but has also been thrown into the ruck and forward line at different times and he played in the national carnival for Vic Country. If the Saints want to grab a tall back he could be an option.

If not him? There's a stack of different names who could come into the Saints' mix here. Ruckman Mitch Edwards could be a shot as may fellow West Australian Lance Collard, who has attracted plenty of interest. Phoenix Gothard may be a chance if he got through to this point, as may attacking half-back Tew Jiath and penetrating left-footer Arie Schoenmaker.

Another baby of the draft?

He looks like he has enormous upside.

So Edwards directly after Wilson.

That sucks.

He has come from nowhere

Hopefully we chase Simpson with one of the others then. He's got some similar traits. Could end up a star. Looks a lot like Treloar with those wheels.

These Northern Academies are a joke.

Should cap it at one discounted player per year and stop the trade outs so that they can pay with loose change. The Dogs got the double dip of trading for Treloar and getting JUH for pocket change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we chase Simpson with one of the others then. He's got some similar traits. Could end up a star. Looks a lot like Treloar with those wheels.

You would think someone is in their mind here.

You don’t trade back in to roll the dice. You trade in targeting someone

His kicking is an absolute dream.

But outside of that it’s a huge red flag that someone at his size seems to project as an outside half back flank.

Not a huge 1 on 1 or intercept game

He's 188cm, same height as Shenton, who was an outside hbf. ( but didn't have a good kick ).
Roberton was 193 and was an outside hbf. Though some of our coaches couldn't get that through their thick heads.

Last edited:
So now Twomey says Wilson gets to Saints.

Stav might be right.

According to Twomey our pick 21 blows out to be pick 28. Predicting who we take at that pick is something of a lottery.

It makes no difference , its blown out by picks we knew we were never going to get.

The actual players available to us remain the same.

Yeah, and who's benefiting Norf & GC & usually old South Melb.
I'm fine with them getting those picks.
What i hate is that they get to trade their first round draft picks as well.

Actually i'm not fine with GC getting as many academy players as they are.

He's 188cm, same height as Shelton, who was an outside hbf. ( but didn't have a good kick ).
Roberton was 193 and was an outside hbf. Though some of our coaches couldn't get that through their thick heads.
We were discussing Shoenmakers who is 194cm

You would think someone is in their mind here.

You don’t trade back in to roll the dice. You trade in targeting someone

Who wants to trade out? I'm not a fan of trading away the future either though, just want best players available. I go by who I rate not George's Incel beta-boy's list. I think for needs and quality Cooper Simpson is one we should possible reach for.

Wilson seemingly the likely pick based off all three major phantom drafts released today. But all have Sydney taking Green and Sydney rarely ever take the player the media thinks they will so if that stands, it could impact our pick.

But far too many trades have been floated with picks before us to lock anything in. Same with the later first round picks. Twomey also talked about us taking a ruck yesterday before SOS shut him down so he doesn't seem to be all over what wants/needs with our later picks.

Be interested to see when George Stevens goes, the pure bull extractor mid seems to be on the way out. You need more then one bow in your arsenal, was impressive in the his two vfl games though.
the-breakfast-club-comedy.gif

Who wants to trade out? I'm not a fan of trading away the future either though, just want best players available. I go by who I rate not George's Incel beta-boy's list. I think for needs and quality Cooper Simpson is one we should possible reach for.
We have 3 future thirds.

Using 1 to trade to Melbourne for 42 and our pick 40 to the suns for 27.

So we will have 13/21/27 + 77/82/86 - but we are upgrading Wood and Stocker with 2 here.

Interestingly enough. SOS said we were taking 4 yesterday.

So either 13 moves back to North for 17+18 or we are genuinely drafting a 4th at 77 😂

Wilson seemingly the likely pick based off all three major phantom drafts released today. But all have Sydney taking Green and Sydney rarely ever take the player the media thinks they will so if that stands, it could impact our pick.

But far too many trades have been floated with picks before us to lock anything in. Same with the later first round picks. Twomey also talked about us taking a ruck yesterday before SOS shut him down so he doesn't seem to be all over what wants/needs with our later picks.
Wilson seems obsolete at Sydney. They have plenty of his type.

I think the concern is North trading for 12 and taking him.

But it just means we would probably want to take this bloke…seeing as he has risen beyond our second pick in all the mocks now

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Back