Player Watch 2023 Father Son player watch - McCabe, Dear and Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I keep deleting posts referencing this, but can we move away from suggesting or making juvenile jokes about the bloodlines of players.

This is a public forum and parents of players do read here.

The hit outs are the key bit. Would be great if he can ruck like Paul.
No one 194cm gets drafted as a ruck nowadays.

Paul Dear’s rucking was astonishing 30+ years ago, but he was 188cm and that was when the average ruckman was around 195 - 198cm.

Now they’re 10 - 15cm taller.

If Calsher is getting into the AFL it will be as a KPP - those stats are the key, not his hit outs.

Paul Dear’s rucking was astonishing 30+ years ago, but he was 188cm and that was when the average ruckman was around 195 - 198cm.

If Calsher is getting into the AFL it will be as a KPP - those stats are the key, not his hit outs.
Not as a full time Ruckman! Plays 76% chf and 24% Ruckman, when main ruck needs a rest.

Put some money on the Swans or DoDo and the * bidding on him
Swans have our 3rd currently pick 41 which after matching likely comes into ironically about pick 38 and then this happens…”tonight Matthew the part of Kinnear Beatson will be played by draft royalty…”
dodoro GIF by AFL

No, we can automatically put him as a Cat A rookie if overlooked in the National Draft, but it's not off-list in the Cat B spots.

At any rate, Cat B is likely to be some combination of Bennetts, O'Hara and TJ next year - a maximum of two of them.

Unfortunately I understand O'Hara has gone back to Ireland and isn't continuing with his AFL journey.

Unfortunately I understand O'Hara has gone back to Ireland and isn't continuing with his AFL journey.
That would be a shame. Thought he was really starting to show signs until he was taken out off the ball. Since that concussion he didn't really look close to where he was which was disappointing.

Wish him all the best

Not as a full time Ruckman! Plays 76% chf and 24% Ruckman, when main ruck needs a rest.
As I said before, getting 7 hit outs as a back up ruckman in an U18 game isn’t what is “the key” to getting the attention of recruiters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said before, getting 7 hit outs as a back up ruckman in an U18 game isn’t what is “the key” to getting the attention of recruiters.
Given its a roll we need addressing I am unsure why this wouldn’t be an an extra consideration

When we win our next premierships want to see Day, McCabe, Finn and Dear in a pic together holding cups ……. that would be a nice footy romance moment 😀🤞. Finn’s 3rd generation his pop also played for the mighty Hawks 😊

Oh Dear, I see a growth spurt on the horizon.

None of crawf’s kids looking very likely, have all had the opportunity to join the Gold Coast academy and none have taken it from memory
According to their mum, if any of the 4 choose AFL it would most likely be Ben. An both older boys are still playing at this stage according to her instagram flat out mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back