Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be more because stanley probably cant fly until he has the surgery..doubt it means anything recovery time.
It's about a 7-hour road trip if airline travel was an issue PO. But I was more making the point that the time-out for one injury is likely to be quite a bit longer than the other.

My Concern isn't Ceglar playing, played good last year when he played, the Suns game was putrid... my Concern is if Ceglar can stay fit until Stanley comes back
Let's worry about Swans .
Owaat.
Big game as their ruck could return, as could Rampe and a McCartin

We can get by without Stanley, our matchups to come are Ladhams(Rubbish),Draper(Improving but hardly a world beater),ROB(Plays as many s**t games as good) and then Richmond without a Ruckman.
Draper can seriously play and could run Ceglar ragged on the G.

The Tigers I'm less worried about and I think Ceglar can do a solid job in Geelong.

It's about a 7-hour road trip if airline travel was an issue PO. But I was more making the point that the time-out for one injury is likely to be quite a bit longer than the other.

I agree with that my point was more around its easier to fly with a broken arm than it is to fly with a broken eye socket/nose/ribs/lung etc (thanks to the issues around altitude and cabin pressure) which is likely why stanley is having surgery in adelaide and stengle in melbourne.

Draper can seriously play and could run Ceglar ragged on the G.

The Tigers I'm less worried about and I think Ceglar can do a solid job in Geelong.

Draper is vastly overrated and phillips is basically a ceglar clone. If essendon get us it will be their run from midfield and defence that does not their rucks. I agree in geelong ceglar is ok and the tigers have not much in the ruck with nankervis and soldo out. Ceglar will get beaten by the top 3 or 4 comp rucks but should otherwise be ok.

Draper is vastly overrated and phillips is basically a ceglar clone. If essendon get us it will be their run from midfield and defence that does not their rucks. I agree in geelong ceglar is ok and the tigers have not much in the ruck with nankervis and soldo out. Ceglar will get beaten by the top 3 or 4 comp rucks but should otherwise be ok.

I am going to assume you haven't watched much of either, especially the last two weeks. If Ceglar does what Phillips did against Melbourne we would be absolutely stoked, he was really good against Grundy, was marking and getting around the ground and at one point he was causing massive headaches marking all the bail out kicks on the wing or bringing to to ground to a clear Essendon advantage.
Meanwhile Draper has been really good the last few weeks, getting around the ground and hitting teams on the score board. He might be overrated but he has only had one poor game against the Suns this season. 2 decent games, and his last two games have been really good.

As long as Ceglar can break even thats a big win. But I have my doubts he can do that. Losing Stanley is going to hurt.

I am going to assume you haven't watched much of either, especially the last two weeks. If Ceglar does what Phillips did against Melbourne we would be absolutely stoked, he was really good against Grundy, was marking and getting around the ground and at one point he was causing massive headaches marking all the bail out kicks on the wing or bringing to to ground to a clear Essendon advantage.
Meanwhile Draper has been really good the last few weeks, getting around the ground and hitting teams on the score board. He might be overrated but he has only had one poor game against the Suns this season. 2 decent games, and his last two games have been really good.

As long as Ceglar can break even thats a big win. But I have my doubts he can do that. Losing Stanley is going to hurt.

Phillips has a couple of good games every 3 years its why hes spent basically 12 years on a list without ever being a 1st choice ruckman. Which is ceglars exact history too. They are both journeyman rucks-nothing to be afraid of.

Draper on the other hand has actual talent but plenty of games where he goes missing for 3/4 and is wildly inconsistent. People overrate him because they only look at appearances and 'potential'.

And yes ive watched every essendon game this year because my wife goes for them so i know what im seeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth just playing Blicavs as the main ruck, and bringing in someone like Knevitt as a kind-of-like-for-like tall midfielder role?

Knevitt is not big enough to play that role at afl level yet. If we were going that way sdk would have to be the 2nd ruck but i wouldnt risk him there and we cant really with henry out. Hence better to let ceglar get battered and blitz have his roaming role.

My god it's been a terrible time for Neale to get injured a couple of times.

Could have been an option to cover Hawkins forward early.

Could have been plonked in the ruck now.

I'm not as big on Neale as most but still want to see him get a good run at it and hopefully go to the next level.

At least with him being hurt other clubs won't be throwing stacks of $$$ at him to get him away from us.

The issue is not seeing him play or go to the next level has him in no-mans land.

Disagree.
Not often do I say that.

He would need to get fit first. Stay healthy yes, at least until moonboot Neale can get up and running. With Blicavs and Tomahawk taking some of the load Ceglar should be ok.
Ceglar only played 3 quarters in the seconds on Saturday. If he cannot run out a full game in the VFL how will he handle a full game in the AFL? Or was he injured?

Tried going onto Sportsbet to see if there are odds on Ceglar getting injured on the weekend Vs the Swans. You just know it's going to happen when we need him to play the next month while Stanley is out.

I wish him well and truly hope he strings a good month of footy together. But the bloke is held together by duct tape and is about as durable as a worn profilactic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back