I still kind of like this potential midfield group:

Blicavs
Holmes
Atkins
Smith
Bruhn
Duncan
Parfitt?
Like it a lot. I am a bit worried about Duncan though. Reckon he’s a shadow of the guy that wreaked havoc in the finals last year

Like it a lot. I am a bit worried about Duncan though. Reckon he’s a shadow of the guy that wreaked havoc in the finals last year
I thought he was much better on the weekend. People focus on failed defensive chase downs and "looking slow" because it catches the eye. But the fact is he had 15 kicks rather than the 7 he'd averaged the past 3 weeks. Used it really well going at 85% and being the outside link man pretty regularly. It was good output even if he "looked" slow. He has looked that way for 3 seasons now.

I just think we have better suited back flankers for two way running. He can find really smart spots to be a weapon on the wing or forward flank.

So this confirms that no surprise ins from the injury list…all progressing over “short term” which I think will be a mixture of some for Bulldogs pre bye and some post bye. Next 3 weeks we are largely without our injured list (and Close to come back in post suspension).

Interesting that it makes it hard to “manage” and older player or two on the trip to Perth which I reckon would have been in the plan (eg. 2E, Duncan, Smith etc)

So this confirms that no surprise ins from the injury list…all progressing over “short term” which I think will be a mixture of some for Bulldogs pre bye and some post bye. Next 3 weeks we are largely without our injured list (and Close to come back in post suspension).

Interesting that it makes it hard to “manage” and older player or two on the trip to Perth which I reckon would have been in the plan (eg. 2E, Duncan, Smith etc)
If you read that as confirming anything - other than a resolute desire to give the fans nothing - I take my hat off to you.

Got a Tigers crazy bro in law.

Legit texted me the other day saying "it's hard to work out who is out and for how long for you guys... It would drive me crazy if we were like that".

I said I get more info from Bigfooty than the club.
I actually think it's really cool how we get random snippets from guys like Lingy, the K Rock team and Jumping Jack. There is not one club that has a more intriguing source of information on injuries than the GFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if joke or not. :) He is probably a bit young to get it, but James Hird had it during his playing career too.

If true he should be back this week you would think.
I am joking, no chance Cam has gout, I mentioned it in a different thread so I could nickname him Gouthrie.

Hird having it doesn't surprise me, bet you he was all over the red wine and caviar during his playing career.

Sounds like we will have both Stengle and Close back in for Freemantle next week which is two good ins at least in the forward line.

Puts Dempsey under pressure to have a crack tomorrow night…unless they decide to rest some players for the trip (even then that will likely be out of defence so maybe doesn’t suit Dempsey in terms of staying in the 23)

While the Cats are set to nurse Dangerfield through a detailed rehabilitation on his hamstring, Scott said the skipper could have pushed to face the Tigers.

“My sense is that he would be touch-and-go this week and could play next week but he definitely won’t play this week and I doubt he will play next week,” the coach said.

Scott said forward Tyson Stengle (broken arm) was likely to play next week against Fremantle, while each of Dangerfield, Jack Bowes (calf), Sam De Koning (facial surgery), Jack Henry (foot), Gary Rohan (hamstring) and Cam Guthrie (toe) are on track to return in the next four games before the bye.

Ruck Rhys Stanley (eye socket) could be facing a longer stint out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back