Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky enough to be at today's closed session. Lightish session with a handful of players who are coming back from injury/suspension continuing for a harder run.

Jack Henry looked to be moving fine and did the harder run. Told us he is not far off.

Stanley did all the running and a bit of skills but came over and talked to us and said his vision still isn't right so doesn't know how far off his is

Rohan did an 9km in an earlier session,felt fine. He is touch and go this week. If it was not in Perth or later in the season, he would play

Conway was really worked over and looked good. During the full team drill took 3 or 4 really impressive contested marks. Depending on fitness, wouldnt surprise me if they are priming him for a debut

Cuthrie and Menagola just jogged some laps and kicked the footy a bit

No sightings of Stengle or Danger
Last I heard on Conway was a round 13 return. Maybe he is tracking ahead of that now? Or they will use next month as mini pre season fitness wise.

Suspect he needs to come back via vfl

Interesting stengle not out there? Maybe different session (like Rohan) for those that didn’t play. More running?

Perth trip does complicate things as I suspect this is one they pencilled to manage 1 or 2. But depends on who can make the trip.

No sign of SDK in his face mask?

Thanks.
Concerning about Stanley.
No sightings of Kroeger?

Can't recall seeing him but the VFL boys didn't start of for long due to playing Saturday rather than Friday. Could have easily missed a few
Last I heard on Conway was a round 13 return. Maybe he is tracking ahead of that now? Or they will use next month as mini pre season fitness wise.

Suspect he needs to come back via vfl

Interesting stengle not out there? Maybe different session (like Rohan) for those that didn’t play. More running?

Perth trip does complicate things as I suspect this is one they pencilled to manage 1 or 2. But depends on who can make the trip.

No sign of SDK in his face mask?
SDK did the full session minus the mask but it was non contact. Him and Henry were the last 2 to head back into the rooms

Last edited:
Snippet from Geel Addy

Scott said forward Tyson Stengle (broken arm) was likely to play next week against Fremantle, while each of Dangerfield, Jack Bowes (calf), Sam De Koning (facial surgery), Jack Henry (foot), Gary Rohan (hamstring) and Cam Guthrie (toe) are on track to return in the next four games before the bye.

Ruck Rhys Stanley (eye socket) could be facing a longer stint out.
Quick return for Stengles

Trust me.....it doesn't get any easier. Not far away and you'll find yourself quietly groaning with every movement, the ground seems further away, and recovery slows to a crawl.

Put it this way, it won't be too long and if you drop it, you'll leave it where it falls. If it's on the floor it won't exist 🤣

Back Ot, the situation with Danger is somewhat reminiscent of last year. No reason to believe he won't bounce back just as strong again this year.
At least he had a strong pre season unlike last year

Lucky enough to be at today's closed session. Lightish session with a handful of players who are coming back from injury/suspension continuing for a harder run.

Jack Henry looked to be moving fine and did the harder run. Told us he is not far off.

Stanley did all the running and a bit of skills but came over and talked to us and said his vision still isn't right so doesn't know how far off his is

Rohan did an 9km in an earlier session,felt fine. He is touch and go this week. If it was not in Perth or later in the season, he would play

Conway was really worked over and looked good. During the full team drill took 3 or 4 really impressive contested marks. Depending on fitness, wouldnt surprise me if they are priming him for a debut

Awesome report, thanks.

I was at a function on Friday night where Conway spoke and he said his body is fine but he won’t play a match for another couple of months. He’s basically starting his preseason now (or recently).

I was at a function on Friday night where Conway spoke and he said his body is fine but he won’t play a match for another couple of months. He’s basically starting his preseason now (or recently).
Yeah, Scott said the other day that they are taking the long long approach with Conway.

They are holding him back longer than required for sure... Next year he might make an impact at AFL level.

As most have alluded to, Close and Stengle the 2 who will most likely return this week.

Henry and Rohan have both been cleared to play, as has De Koning. I think De Koning the most likely of those three to play.

Were there any sightings of Ollie Henry at training? Some talk in here that he was injured late ..... if he's out I'd say Rohan will make the trip to Perth.

As most have alluded to, Close and Stengle the 2 who will most likely return this week.

Henry and Rohan have both been cleared to play, as has De Koning. I think De Koning the most likely of those three to play.

Were there any sightings of Ollie Henry at training? Some talk in here that he was injured late ..... if he's out I'd say Rohan will make the trip to Perth.
The_Todd07 any Ollie Henry sighting at training?

We'll need 2 or3 back - I doubt we can win too many games against decent opponents with a third or more of the flag team missing.

Even Freo are going to be hard to beat now they're starting to put it together, albeit the usual suspects will be predicting 5 - 8 or more goal victories and lecturing anyone who he dares to suggest victory is not assured.

The Bulldogs will also be a challenge as they start to find their mojo.

The fact is the next few games pre-bye will largely determine our likely position come September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ollie was absent but may have completed the earlier session that Rohan did
I have heard that there is a little more to the O Henry injury. Can’t remember who posted it but I understand now that it is on the money. Might be another short term out.

I wonder whether they might try and rush Rohan back in earlier than they wanted?

Will have stengle and Close back so maybe they leave Dempsey in (or as sub) with Parf and Henry out (and Jhye either in or sub again). Or they get Rohan back…

Thanks for the info.

Stengle is the odd one there (unless he had a scheduled day off) because its an arm injury he should have still been there doing laps. Hopefully no setback

Sounds like rohan will be this week or next

Stanley is bad news bc our ruck depth is thin-probably means we need to draft a ruck in 2 weeks (i dont think conway plays afl this year fitness wise).

Good news on henry

I have heard that there is a little more to the O Henry injury. Can’t remember who posted it but I understand now that it is on the money. Might be another short term out.

I wonder whether they might try and rush Rohan back in earlier than they wanted?

Will have stengle and Close back so maybe they leave Dempsey in (or as sub) with Parf and Henry out (and Jhye either in or sub again). Or they get Rohan back…

I think if ollie and rohan are both out they just keep dempsey for an extra week.

Can't recall seeing him but the VFL boys didn't start of for long due to playing Saturday rather than Friday. Could have easily missed a few

SDK did the full session minus the mask but it was non contact. Him and Henry were the last 2 to head back into the rooms

Sounds like sdk is ready but hasnt done contact so i would assume he cant play until the surgeon gives him the tick off to do so.

Sounds like sdk is ready but hasnt done contact so i would assume he cant play until the surgeon gives him the tick off to do so.
I think he can play from now - but only with a mask. Question for him will be to train with it when he gets it (I thought this week) and see how his confidence levels are. Not out of the question for this week but my guess is more likely the next week.

I am hoping the face mask is all black!

I think he can play from now - but only with a mask. Question for him will be to train with it when he gets it (I thought this week) and see how his confidence levels are. Not out of the question for this week but my guess is more likely the next week.

So more Embiid like

1684141061298.jpeg

Compared with Kobe like:
1684141082452.jpeg

Face mask would be interesting to see in terms of whether hes comfortable playing in it or not i suppose we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back