Injury 2023 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark was under contract which is why we got a 20s pick.
We wont get that for neale even though talls are worth more.
Likely he comes good , but we must make a play for our man anyway, Sean Darcy.

Likely he comes good , but we must make a play for our man anyway, Sean Darcy.

I think we surely will but it makes me nervous tbh theres other rucks id chase instead.

another Linc McCarthy, Jordan Clark?

We got something half-decent for Clark, who'd at least had the chance to show something. I think if he goes, we get something closer to what we did with Linc (as foxdog50 said)... not much more than bugger all.

There is as much chance of Knevitt being the main ruck as there is of SDK being given that role.

Probably more, in fact.
That was proven wrong.
If Ceglar plays all 4 games you have to buy me lunch CHAWKTS . If Ceglar is absent I will type an apology.
I'm interested in the apology note. Fire away.

That was proven wrong.

I'm interested in the apology note. Fire away.
Already sorted personally. He had inside info on Ceglar not training that he hadn't shared. We were also having a laugh with the here's Johnny memes. CHAWKTS can confirm the friendly nature of the back and forth.

Interested in hearing yours for completely writing Geelong off prior to the Hawthorn match, however. That did seem deadly serious at the time.

Already sorted personally. He had inside info on Ceglar not training that he hadn't shared. We were also having a laugh with the here's Johnny memes. CHAWKTS can confirm the friendly nature of the back and forth.

Interested in hearing yours for completely writing Geelong off prior to the Hawthorn match, however. That did seem deadly serious at the time.
I never completely wrote them off for the season if that's what you're implying. I thought we'd be around 5-4 like last year.

I actually had inside info that Simpson was playing.

I never completely wrote them off for the season if that's what you're implying. I thought we'd be around 5-4 like last year.

I actually had inside info that Simpson was playing.
I'm only ribbing you a bit because I copped so much heat for implying that if Geelong played to their ability in round 2 they absolutely should have beaten Carlton (turns out they didn't, and so no win). I stand by the position that Geelong from round 4-6 levels would've nicked the Carlton game.

The Ceglar stuff on the other hand was having fun, as obviously I had zero information.

I do remember you saying that you couldn't see how Geelong could beat Hawthorn before round 4, which seemed to be the most outrageous statement of anything discussed. I had a little more faith. It's alright, we all have moments of doubt.

That was proven wrong.
Indeed. Happy to own that.

And I'll also own the fact that I continue to hope SDK is not used extensively in that role, despite the clear aptitude for it that he demonstrated in the game against the Swans. He is just way too important to us in the back half (where we have literally no viable reinforcements) to be risked in another position where two of our other exponents have already been injured this year.

And I'll also own the fact that I continue to hope SDK is not used extensively in that role, despite the clear aptitude for it that he demonstrated in the game against the Swans. He is just way too important to us in the back half (where we have literally no viable reinforcements) to be risked in another position where two of our other exponents have already been injured this year.
Agreed. I'm fine with him being experimented with up forward when the time comes. But, especially at this stage, ruck is not ideal. Particularly with the way opposition rucks approach Geelong games.

I agree but geez it'd be good if we could clone him. He looked very good in the ruck.

If Sav comes on and we can get HH as a free agent to play down back we could use SDK in a Blicavs type role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of Rohan. It is a bit frustrating as they seem to only talk about the ones that are already out there and known and give as little away as possible to the fans. I would not be surprised if we find out - when they want to tell us - Rohan is out for 3-4 weeks

Surprised Jack Henry will be back in full training on Thursday to be honest.

Pretty much nothing gained at all by watching this 'update', which is entirely as expected. Still, great to hear that Jacko is back in full training from this coming Thursday. If he tracks OK from here as the loads increase, that is great news.

Geelong is set to be without star midfielder Cam Guthrie for the “short-term” as the Cats deal with a double injury blow in the wake of the over Essendon.
The news comes after he was not selected for the 28-point win against the Bombers on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.

He’s set to be joined on the sidelines by Jack Bowes who suffered a calf strain and was substituted out of the clash.

Geelong’s general manager of football Simon Lloyd said the club would not rush Guthrie back from injury.

“We’re going to be conservative in our approach,” he said.

“We expect it to be short-term but we’re thinking how best to look after Cam through this and just assess it as each day goes.

“The real positive for Jack is that he’s really got used to our system and understands the way we play.

“We saw it against Sydney the week prior, he had 10 contested possessions and took a couple of great contested marks and saw our fans and members really fall in love with him.”

While that pair prepare to join the recovery group, the news is better for star utility Zach Tuohy who was late withdrawal on Sunday afternoon with back spasms after undergoing a fitness test.

Lloyd said he expected the Irishman to return for the visit of Adelaide to GMHBA Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

“He’s pretty tough and tried to get himself up for the game but unfortunately didn’t get there,” he said.

“I saw him jog past by office this morning and looking spritely and we’re expecting him to be available.”

Reliable defender Jack Henry is also edging closer to a return in what would be a huge boost for the Cats’ back six which is yet to have taken to the field as a complete unit this season.

Henry has not played since last year’s premiership win over Sydney.

“Jack over the last week has commenced running around at training. He was running around defending last week,” Lloyd said.

“He will, which is great news for the club, be in full training this Thursday. Jack is a really important player to us as we know and he’s very important for our system and the way that we play.

“It’s going to be great to have him running around again and that’s something we build in the coming weeks to get him to be game ready.”

Rhys Stanley and Tyson Stengle have also taken the next steps in their returns from a fractured cheekbone and arm respectively.

Originally published as Cam Guthrie, Jack Bowes set to be sidelined

So we've still got J Henry, C Guthrie, Stengle, Touhy, Stanley, as well as Bowes, Rohan and to a lesser extent Duncan reaching full fitness to come into this side.

If this group can stay fit and motivated, the flag is theirs for the taking.

Geelong's best footy is streets ahead of the next, and while others are peaking in April and May...the Cats are quietly readying themselves for when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back