List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not our midfield though .....Laird, Dawson, Rankine, Rachelle, and maybe Crouch
What do you judge that on?
I posted a few weeks ago our CBA stats and these weren’t the results.
We look to have very little appetite for Rankine to be a mid.

Both JHF and Rozee were targeted traded upgrades .....some would say, they sold the farm ....but I support that approach wholeheartedly

Only proviso is ....not when we were rebuilding, as we needed to many jigsaw pieces .....I do say now though, we're in a position to give up Draft Capital, for a targeted player
I think we’ll be looking to do that for that GC pick 4. My gut feel is that we’ll have our eyes on McKercher

Other clubs will be willing to do the same, though

That's not our midfield though .....Laird, Dawson, Rankine, Rachelle, and maybe Crouch

Granted, not to PORT's level ....Port however will not win a flag whilst it has a weak FWD line and DEF ......a bit like our days of Roo, Goodwin & Edwards

Great midfield, but FWD line was too weak to capitalise

So I still believe it's correct to sell the farm for a player .....at the right stage

Remember CARL got Judd .....didn't help them one bit

When Rozee and JHF were available it was. Rachele is on a knife edge in terms of becoming an A grade mid. And we didn’t play Rankine in there for anything resembling meaningful minutes. Dawson had to force the coaches hands to get in there, like it or not, they are comforted by consistency. How is it possible that Sloane was favoured in the midfield ahead of the others? It’s not by accident, they do it because they believe it improves our performance, what do you think underpins that belief?

I think we’ll be looking to do that for that GC pick 4. My gut feel is that we’ll have our eyes on McKercher

Other clubs will be willing to do the same, though
That last win against WCE cost us a few Draft positions .....might have killed off that possibility

When Rozee and JHF were available it was. Rachele is on a knife edge in terms of becoming an A grade mid. And we didn’t play Rankine in there for anything resembling meaningful minutes. Dawson had to force the coaches hands to get in there, like it or not, they are comforted by consistency. How is it possible that Sloane was favoured in the midfield ahead of the others? It’s not by accident, they do it because they believe it improves our performance, what do you think underpins that belief?
Youth in early season .....experience later in the year ....24 game season is a lot for young bodies: Rachelle, Soligo in year 2, with no-where near the fitness, or resilience to handle big AFL bodies for long periods

Use to be a thing, Rookies would be played in 3 game blocks, then given recovery time ....I think it explains Nankervis, but also there were periods of games, Keane looked exhausted

That last win against WCE cost us a few Draft positions .....might have killed off that possibility
Melbourne, Bulldogs, Richmond and us seem to be some of the clubs most mentioned

Assuming Melb’s 1st from Freo isn’t on the table, I’d say we have just as attractive package to offer as any club

Look at how Port handled Rozee and Butters. Rozee had very little time in midfield in his first couple of years. People started to say he wouldn’t live up to his pick 5 status even at the start of last year.
Butters got more midfield time early on - and what did that do for him. Several decent injuries as his body couldn’t stand up.

I thought the plan was clear this year. Pedlar and Rachele have started to develop as mids with Sloane on managed game time taking the brunt of the physical stuff off them.
Unfortunately - and particularly as the year wore on - he wasn’t up to being good enough to do the role effectively

But I think the rational behind the two younger guys was sound and reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I don't think we'd be trading our 2023 1st.

We'd have the F1 and two 2023 2nds on the table, and we'd hope that's enough.
Adel give: 9, 20, 23
Adel get: 4, F3 (GC)

GC give: 4, F3
GC get: F1 (Rich), 20, F2 (team 4)

Rich give: F1
Rich get: 9

Team 4 give: F2
Team 4 get: 23 (maybe a team like the Hawks wants to trade more into this draft?)

Obviously this exact scenario won’t happen, but just an example of the ways us, GC and other teams could look to get the most out of a pick 4 trade

Edit: you could also cut out Richmond and send GC our own F1

Adel give: 9, 20, 23
Adel get: 4, F3 (GC)

GC give: 4, F3
GC get: F1 (Rich), 20, F2 (team 4)

Rich give: F1
Rich get: 9

Team 4 give: F2
Team 4 get: 23 (maybe a team like the Hawks wants to trade more into this draft?)

Obviously this exact scenario won’t happen, but just an example of the ways us, GC and other teams could look to get the most out of a pick 4 trade

Edit: you could also cut out Richmond and send GC our own F1
Gold Coast would be looking for more points than pick 4 is worth, and currency into 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rachele and Soligo played as midfielder in the first 8 weeks of the season and were excellent then tired so Sloane was used, Pedlar played as a midfielder at the back end of the season with Sloane moved out of the midfield and was very good. Rankine played up the ground and was excellent, has shown he has the tank to transition to the midfield. There is our future elite midfield moving forward.

Not necessarily..if they get close to tge pick back and a good f1, they jump at that as trading hollands chol and maybe another fringe player gets them any extra points they need
You could be right. I'm just not convinced our list management team can succeed I'm scenarios like this, there's no evidence to suggest they will.

Not necessarily..if they get close to tge pick back and a good f1, they jump at that as trading hollands chol and maybe another fringe player gets them any extra points they need
I think Suns have just enough points as it stands, at the moment

So they probably would be fine with a small downgrade as long as they’re getting a good F1

Getting a team to bite at a downgrade to the GC 2nd, so we can on-trade that upgraded pick as part of our package, will be the tricky part

Agreed.

GCS need the equivalent of a 2nd in points for this year out of the 4 trade, and as much extra/future value as possible.

Points won't be an issue once they've traded Holland, Chol and Sharp.

We don't. We trade them the NM pick and the Doedee compo, which is why I said two 2nds.

Alternatively, we flip the GC pick with someone either side of that selection and trade that to them.
Don’t think they’ll bite at the Doedee compo, particularly as it might be Band 4, at this point

You’d be best trying to convince a team two picks either side of that GC 2nd to either give a F3 for an upgrade, or get a F3 for a downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back