List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with free agency compensation is that okay players like McKay can be worth pick three but not a single club would trade that for him.

Honestly end of first round for Doedee and Gresham isn’t even that bad and neither is end of second for Flynn. Maybe slight overs but it’s still at a level where I can’t be bothered complaining.

Jordan, Hamling and Goldstein all should’ve been worth nothing but Jordan was somehow worth a second rounder.

Unless compensation is removed altogether it shouldn’t necessarily reduce in all cases but honestly the way compensation is calculated is slightly broken atm.

With the help of a Melbourne poster, I have determined the Schultz solution.

Sydney
Out: 12, 33
In: 19, Treloar, Grundy

Collingwood
Out: Treloar, 19
In: Schultz

Freo:
Out: Schultz
In: 14

Melbourne
Out: Grundy, 14
In: 12, 33

Winners? Losers?
You mean Adams.

Unless I'm over rating Adams, I think Collingwood would think it's overs.

You mean Adams.

Unless I'm over rating Adams, I think Collingwood would think it's overs.
I think Adams is on a lot and 30 and always injured, I dont think he should be worth much but it seems Pies are after 23 so maybe I'm wrong

Sydney
In: 19, Adams, Grundy

Collingwood
Out: Adams, 19

Freo:

Melbourne

Winners? Losers?
I'm still not happy, 14 will be 17

Walter, the other GC kid and Croft will go before 14

I'm assuming no 14 for gresham to saints too

The problem with free agency compensation is that okay players like McKay can be worth pick three but not a single club would trade that for him.

Honestly end of first round for Doedee and Gresham isn’t even that bad and neither is end of second for Flynn. Maybe slight overs but it’s still at a level where I can’t be bothered complaining.

Jordan, Hamling and Goldstein all should’ve been worth nothing but Jordan was somehow worth a second rounder.

Unless compensation is removed altogether it shouldn’t necessarily reduce in all cases but honestly the way compensation is calculated is slightly broken atm.
The fact that Jordan got a 4 year deal tells me he was worth something, atleast a pick in the 50s

I'm still not happy, 14 will be 17

Walter, the other GC kid and Croft will go before 14

I'm assuming no 14 for gresham to saints too
I seriously doubt we are getting better than that. Saints are getting band 2 for Gresham I imagine

Sydney
In: 19, Adams, Grundy

Collingwood
Out: Adams, 19

Freo:

Melbourne

Winners? Losers?
I've seen worse than that.

Melbourne dont get a lot. Sydney the big winners there.

Why do Sydney get pick 19? Seems strange they get 2 b22 players and a bloody decent pick.

We have two already, no way. 14 locks in Collard if we want him
Is there anyway we can get both Watson and Collard if Watson slides out of the top 10 on the night? If he is as close to his family as suggested on this board, he won't leave WA.

I've seen worse than that.

Melbourne dont get a lot. Sydney the big winners there.

Why do Sydney get pick 19? Seems strange they get 2 b22 players and a bloody decent pick.
Adams is 30 and struggles to stay on the park with a BIG pay packet. Grundy went for pick 30 just last year, is value cant have gone up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anyway we can get both Watson and Collard if Watson slides out of the top 10 on the night? If he is as close to his family as suggested on this board, he won't leave WA.
That's one helluva slide for someone apparently the Dogs just paid the moon for

So unless we make an insane play for Logan McDonald or hold Schultz to contract, is the feeling that btwn the Schultz and Henry trades and maybe other trades like using Henry compensation to move up via Gold Coast, we end up with 2 mid-late firsts this year and then fill up the list with whatever shakes out at the back end of the draft?

They say we are going to have a very quiet trading period this year, yet we are losing 6 players from our list ( assuming Shultz is gone ). Wilson, Colyer, Hamling, Henry, Benning and Shultz. There is a bit of drafting to play out there and we've given away a few picks already ,obviously some will come back when players are traded. There is going to be some long shots drafted, hopefully some diamonds in the rough, let's hope so ,we need some good fortune to come our way.

Yes. Join us s_wd6 in the weird and wonderful world of Sweet.

one of us GIF
I’ll be honest I checked it out and I’m struggling to decipher what it actually is

How the f*k does he get a regular game over Hill , Elliot , Ginnivan, McReery, McRea , Lipinski ?
He is better than all of them except Elliot but Elliot is 31

Hill may end up better than Shoota, if he continues on with his finals series then he definitely will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back