List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who has said that? They have been given 2 end of first round picks… if north finish bottom 4 they’ll be before any compo FA picks
That's what I thought but it was apparently confirmed on trade radio as not how it works, as in, they specifically addressed the question

Schultz is a perfect example of this. Lived with Acres, Hogan, very good mates with Lobb, Logue, and Tucker. Their partners are all close with each other. Then all of a sudden five of your best mates head over east. You've still got some strong connections at the club, but nothing close to what you had before. Your partner has suddenly lost a whole bunch of close friends, which is definitely going to affect her desire to stay in a state she doesn't want to live in.

Then you get an offer for 5 years to move back to a state where you have your whole family, your partners whole family, and all of the strongest connections you built while you were in Perth. There's no incentive to stay at freo anymore.
Well firstly Lobb doesnt have any friends so 🤷‍♂️

From a flog pies fan account granted, but it sounds very much like the kinda thing freo might have said to Schultz in the backchat pod clip when he started telling a story to Schofield about a choice that Freo gave him in the 2020 off season then stopped and said “they have me a choice…. actually no, I’m not going to go there”

If true…. Hard to defend. He’d just played every game that covid season. 17/17.

Here at 2:30

Sounds like BS. Can't just force someone to a team.

Come and join the rest of us over at the SFA. Much better distraction. And the passion is welcomed.

serial_thrilla King Tenz
Yes. Join us s_wd6 in the weird and wonderful world of Sweet.

one of us GIF

I think he is gone but you'd have to be an idiot to not see the benefit in Schultz playing another year here...

Look at Lobb when we held him a year, kicked 37 and lead our forwardline, we made finals
But...
if you believe 2025 is the year for the big push...
better he goes now, and someone whos staying for the final ascent kicks those 37 goals?

Collingwood have an opportunity to upgrade their current pick 19 to Swans pick 12 with the Taylor Adams trade, which ‘might‘ meet our demands.

If we rate Collard as high as Twomey suggests others do, then that will be the only way we get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it will be 19 and the pick Collingwood get for Adam’s (Sydney currently have pick 25).

Pick 19 will slide a bit, but at least one of picks used to match a bid (likely for Jed Walter) will be before 19. Gold Coast have 11 and 18. They seem likely to keep 18 for bid matching. If 18 is used for Walter then 19 doesn’t move for Walter but will move for their other two academy picks and Croft. So probs end up around 22.

Just another thought Collingwood could trade for GC pick 11 (say F1 and pick for Adam’s).

Would we be satisfied with the following trade for Schultz:
11 > Schultz

While I like the idea of keeping Schultz and potentially getting decent UFA compo next year, you just know the AFL will up and change the calculations we end up with a pick in the 40s…

Of course, if we do trade him now then next years rule changes will be in the other direction and we’ll be ruing missing out on a sweet first rounder. It’s the Freo way. ****ed whatever we do.

While I like the idea of keeping Schultz and potentially getting decent UFA compo next year, you just know the AFL will up and change the calculations we end up with a pick in the 40s…

Of course, if we do trade him now then next years rule changes will be in the other direction and we’ll be ruing missing out on a sweet first rounder. It’s the Freo way. ****ed whatever we do.
This.

The club should be asking the AFL to confirm whether there will be changes to free agency compensation next year and getting an answer in writing.

There's no point holding him if they change how picks are calculated.

I reckon it will be 19 and the pick Collingwood get for Adam’s (Sydney currently have pick 25).

Pick 19 will slide a bit, but at least one of picks used to match a bid (likely for Jed Walter) will be before 19. Gold Coast have 11 and 18. They seem likely to keep 18 for bid matching. If 18 is used for Walter then 19 doesn’t move for Walter but will move for their other two academy picks and Croft. So probs end up around 22.

Just another thought Collingwood could trade for GC pick 11 (say F1 and pick for Adam’s).

Would we be satisfied with the following trade for Schultz:
11 > Schultz
11 for Schultz? Would take that and run. Can’t see how that happens.

We need their F1. That’s the best draft asset they hold.

For you, go_the_dockers

1 week ago 5 minutes before Walls 6pr debut

Bell, standing on a stool, strains his neck and feet to reach eye level of Walls who is sitting down and hunched over, face the picture of determination. "Now David" Bell speaks slowly and with intent "Remember, under no circumstance do we tell the media what pick we want for a player"

"Yarp, pick 4 four a player, yarp" Walls responds.

Smack goes the sound of palm of hand to face

Bell shakes his head and starts again looking him dead in the eyes

"No. tell. media. what. want..."

"Yarp, yarp, no tell media what want, Walls knows" as he gives Bell two thumbs up with a confident grin to go with it (well, one hand with a thumbs up and one with a pinky but it was close enough)

Bell, returns the two thumbs and nods as he hands Walls the phone to talk to Papalia and heads out the door with JL

"I umm, dont really umm know if his drafting is ahhh, worth it Peter" a befuddled JL exclaims

"Are you kidding, the mans a drafting prophet and look..." Bell turns up the radio

The slightly static voice of Walls comes over the radio "Is good question Pappas we think he worth lots"

"He's got it now" chimes Bell

9am, day 1 trade period

View attachment 1827768
"
1st round good but we take early 2nd"

Bell, watching on in despair reaches into his pocket and hands JL a freshly minted pineapple
I feel like a fly on the wall...
I have one edit to suggest though...

Bell stares with his cold, dead eyes and shakes his head.

I feel like a fly on the wall...
I have one edit to suggest though...

Bell stares with his cold, dead eyes and shakes his head.
He’d have to remove the sunnies first

With the help of a Melbourne poster, I have determined the Schultz solution.

Sydney
Out: 12, 33
In: 19, Adams, Grundy

Collingwood
Out: Adams, 19
In: Schultz

Freo:
Out: Schultz
In: 14

Melbourne
Out: Grundy, 14
In: 12, 33