List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just see Emmett as a battler, which is what Schultz is. Schultz was fairly consistent and it’s in that consistency where his value is upped.

Emmett can have a run at it and let’s see.

Sturt needed a run at it. Treacy too.

Who knows.

There is a reason he broke into the team so late in the season..

I had a 6 year break from footy once and my first game back I looked like wafl level in the local league. Next game I looked like E grade material. That adrenaline can sometimes be a significant difference.

Add on top of that at AFL level when he starts to impact games the opposition will start working out how to play on him. Currently, the opposition scout will not even be called about Emmett, they'll just plan to play their most offensive rebounding half back on him (and by play on him I mean stand near him when the ball is bounced).

But I do like what I see from him in regards to intensity. I don't know if it's possible to put in more than half a season of that.

I'd like to see added speed in the forward line, but I accept that to do that with the draft this year we will need to wear that the tackles they lead to will probably be shrugged off by the man sized opponents.

This comes across as a silly thing to say - all clubs are always trying to improve their lists. Your post disproportionally focuses on what those clubs have added, rather than what they've lost.

The Tigers for example have lost more 'premiership stars'. What you're not accounting for is the natural aging of a list. It finally hit Geelong this season and it will continue to hurt teams like Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast, and Richmond who all have fairly senior lists.

Last year Richmond supposedly reloaded for another charge with Tarranto and Hopper. Individually they worked out ok, but it didn't stop the decline in their list overall.

Trades aside, as mentioned, the only age related decline we will have is from players whos output is already much lower than their best was years ago. As a young list, we have the most to gain bar maybe Sydney from the maturing of our list.
Stanley and Johnson are two young guys who hopefully break out next year. They both have all the tools.

4 years? Mate… that’s panicking 100%

We have guys on our list waiting on deals and we offer a relative nobody 4 years.
Yeah, but he's a colin young client, we all know he'd be lucky to see out 2 on the list.

I just see Emmett as a battler, which is what Schultz is. Schultz was fairly consistent and it’s in that consistency where his value is upped.

Emmett can have a run at it and let’s see.

Sturt needed a run at it. Treacy too.

Who knows.
Shultz is no Battler, battlers don't pop up and kick CLUTCH goals regularly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wish we could make a play at one mature aged player - even the likes of Billings. Could stomach a shit deal for Henry if we could plug billings in on a wing instead for a few years.
Draft picks are going to be scant consolation especially when it appears 21 is now unlikely.

Shultz is no Battler, battlers don't pop up and kick CLUTCH goals regularly

I didn’t mean it as an insult. Didn’t mean someone who fights for their spot in best 22.

Meant more hustle and bustle. No thrills, what you see is what you get.

I see the same in Emmett.

Schultz is the top echelon of my definition.

Emmett is unknown.

Are we any chance of picking up Brodie McLaughlin for next year?

Apparently we were showing interest in him before GC picked him up and once Wall’s sets his sights we tend to follow up?

I just wish we could make a play at one mature aged player - even the likes of Billings. Could stomach a s**t deal for Henry if we could plug billings in on a wing instead for a few years.
Draft picks are going to be scant consolation especially when it appears 21 is now unlikely.
Would be a bit of a strange move after essentially clearing Acres out, but hey circumstances have changed.

This was an interesting piece about Billings, I hadn't really taken much note of his career;

I would like it if the effort and workrate in Schultz was a non-negotiable trait in all players at AFL level but it isn't. So it's a skill. It goes with his good hands above his head as just about his only two skills that set him apart.

If everyone worked as hard as Schutlz does then the bigger, faster, more silky kicking guys would get games ahead of him.

6 (4 in the main list after Treacy and Banfield are elevated, 2 on the rookie list).
Interesting to see what happens with Sharp. Do we look at him for Rookie spot or are we looking at Delisted Free agency.

We currently have 5 going off the primary list (I have incl. Henry only because there is a fairly reasonable chance Schultz remains on the list). Treacy and Banfield being upgraded from rookie list. Therefore 3-4 and picks. I wouldn’t rule out someone being traded in or Sharp being added as DFA and therefore for we go with 3 selections.

We currently have 46, 60, 64. By time lists are submitted I’d expect the last two to come in a little and a lot more after heaps of selections being bid on by GCS, Hawks, WB and others in the 40’s.

So even if we let Henry go to PSD and kept Schultz; the picks would be something like:

45, 52, 55

We are likely to get a couple of picks in the second round at around 34 and 35. Might lose one of the above, which could end up:

36, 37, 45, 55

We will be aiming for a couple of picks in front of 46 but obviously we are focusing on loading up with picks for 2024. Hopefully a F1 in Schultz deal and an F2 in Henry deal.

I’m hoping JOM can transition more to playing Shultz’s role with a bit of pinch hitting in the middle when needed. He’s a very good set shot kick for goal, can tackle and has safe hands.
That will allow us to bring Brodie or Fyfe back into the centre square lineup if either get to peak fitness - or continue on with Ras or Johno in there.
Could be a net positive - or is it just my coping mechanisms kicked into overdrive!!!🤷‍♂️🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back