List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re into the home stretch.
Expect a surprise somewhere. Freo often feature!

Schultz was a surprise but something else will pop somewhere and give the media something to buzz about.

I hope we do nothing, but now you have made me nervous.

This is what I am thinking :)

Freo trade F1, port's f1, Collingwood F1 and a future 2nd and Lobb 🤮

or it could just be someone like Colyer :)

What makes you say this? His play style is perfectly suited for a second tall. Once he starts taking more marks we will never have this conversation again
Just get a sense of it

He’s big but agile , can contest , very good defensive game and seems like a player who if you gave him a job to shut someone down he’d die trying .

I hope we do nothing, but now you have made me nervous.

This is what I am thinking :)

Freo trade F1, port's f1, Collingwood F1 and a future 2nd and Lobb 🤮

or it could just be someone like Colyer :)

Nothing wrong with a Colyer type.
Lists spot are at a premium, so doubt it will be anything related to us.

The last few years we’ve had JOM last minute. Neale news. The infamous Weller bombshell although that was some time ago now. Hogan chronicles. McCarthy mayhem. Then other last few days bits and bobs.

Maybe the Eagles will be the ones with something like Duggan.

I reckon collingwood have offered F1 and 80 and we’ve asked for 34. Will settle on 39.

Besides the Weller trade, I can’t remember a time where I have been pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It’s always a worse version of a trade that we are forecasting (hoping for)
Every team's supporters over-value their players though, so I think you'd find that's the case across the competition.

I think we’re chasing F1 and 34.

We likely had a stab at F1 and 19. Not going to happen. Collingwood obviously want to swap something a bit later. It won’t be a F3. They can’t do that anyway. Have to keep the F2/F3/F4 if the F1 is traded.

Perhaps we end up getting the 34 but give them pick 64 so they don’t end up with 80 as their last.

F1, 34 > Schultz, 64 (or 60)

Henry will happen after the Coffield trade that is reportedly close. I firmly believe we will end up with a F2 and another second round pick.

I think we’re chasing F1 and 34.

We likely had a stab at F1 and 19. Not going to happen. Collingwood obviously want to swap something a bit later. It won’t be a F3. They can’t do that anyway. Have to keep the F2/F3/F4 if the F1 is traded.

Perhaps we end up getting the 34 but give them pick 64 so they don’t end up with 80 as their last.

F1, 34 > Schultz, 64 (or 60)

Henry will happen after the Coffield trade that is reportedly close. I firmly believe we will end up with a F2 and another second round pick.
Still can't understand for the life of me why we're accepting 34 as enough incentive to trade Schultz this year rather than next. Especially if we're giving something back it's closer to ~40.

Still can't understand for the life of me why we're accepting 34 as enough incentive to trade Schultz this year rather than next. Especially if we're giving something back it's closer to ~40.
Is it even a definite that we will get band 2 compo if we lose Shultz next year? If there is some doubt, then F1 plus 34 ain't too bad

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

All this talk of McDonald when we are missing a good wing, classy mids, a small forward and depth in our backline.
McDonald should be the last player we chase.

I think we can add the first round picked small forwards expecting them to contribute immediately... if it's alongside the top ten drafted key forwards with a few years development in them.

Is it even a definite that we will get band 2 compo if we lose Shultz next year? If there is some doubt, then F1 plus 34 ain't too bad

I agree. When comparing to Gresham the salary of Schultz is around $100k less. They are both born in the same year 1997 - with Lachie born a few months later. The length of deal favours Lachie but may well be reduced to same as Gresham in 12 months. Reading information I think Gresham is 3 years with the possibility a games trigger involved for 4th. Lachie is 4 plus games trigger for 5th. In 12 months do Collingwood revert to a deal of 3-4 years similar to Gresham but on lower salary. Obviously due to the length of time it took Essendon to put through the paperwork all the way through to deadline day meant they had to work hard to ensure they got the band 2 with salary of > $700k pa. Perhaps year 3 is reduced. Either way there is no guarantee Schultz secures band 2.

Also Gresham and Doedee were restricted FA’s and in the case of Gresham St Kilda indicated that they would match if the compo was anything other than Band 1 or 2. Fremantle won’t be able to put that pressure on. As such Schultz will negotiate (possibly with other clubs in the mix I understand) but without pressure from Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the main piece was the F1 over pick 19.

The breadcrumbs have now become croutons in the eyes of the Pies due to them willing to do F1.

In all seriousness having their F1 will at minimum bring about some interest in how they and Port go.

Is it unders? Who cares. We’re crap either way.

All this talk of McDonald when we are missing a good wing, classy mids, a small forward and depth in our backline.

We’ll lure McDonald home to play on the wing. He’ll push back to add depth to our backline. Pinch hit through the midfield.

Chess not checkers…

The problem is people keep bringing up his deal from Collingwood and comparing it to other players this year. There's plenty of other teams chasing him, namely teams with heaps of cap space like Hawthorn. Who's to say they don't offer him significant overs to bring him over? Even North FFS.

And what's stopping us from offering significantly more than other teams. Then he can choose to leave and get paid a lot less, or stay with us, or it puts pressure on oppo teams to up their offer.

Looks like we’re not bringing in ready made afl players into our squad. That will be 8 gone in 2 years. Expect another 2023 season.

Need Stanley to explode off the wing or Johnson to come on real quick to have any improvement. Bad lost management and other teams around us loading up.

The problem is people keep bringing up his deal from Collingwood and comparing it to other players this year. There's plenty of other teams chasing him, namely teams with heaps of cap space like Hawthorn. Who's to say they don't offer him significant overs to bring him over? Even North FFS.

And what's stopping us from offering significantly more than other teams. Then he can choose to leave and get paid a lot less, or stay with us, or it puts pressure on oppo teams to up their offer.
It’s absolutely not certain we get an end of first round pick next year. In fact, id day it’s unlikely.
If we keep Schultz we get pick 28 or 30 next year. That’s it.
For that reason I think he will be traded.
There’s some delusion on here about what Schultz will be paid next year. He’s not a $700k player and won’t be offered that. Plus, next year with all salaries rising, it’s probably $720 or 730k for end of round 1 compo.
Not going to happen. Would be reckless to risk it in my view, if he’s made it clear he’s leaving regardless. Different if he could be persuaded to stay but that seems unlikely

Remember when we didn't pick a key forward for ten years and everyone said to start the rebuild with key forwards?

If there is quality that is willing to come then you bring them in

He is still young enough to grow at the club too

Looks like we’re not bringing in ready made afl players into our squad. That will be 8 gone in 2 years. Expect another 2023 season.

Need Stanley to explode off the wing or Johnson to come on real quick to have any improvement. Bad lost management and other teams around us loading up.
Yeah it would appear most teams have strengthened in the off season and we have definitely gotten weaker.

Remember when we didn't pick a key forward for ten years and everyone said to start the rebuild with key forwards?

If there is quality that is willing to come then you bring them in

He is still young enough to grow at the club too
And then instead of drafting a key forward we spent our currency on Lobb and Hogan and that worked out really well

pretty slow start to trade weeks final 3 days isn’t it?
It really is farcical that this is dragged out over two weekends. At this point everyone is just about done with the dickswinging. Just get the thing over and done with please.

Yeah it would appear most teams have strengthened in the off season and we have definitely gotten weaker.

I think we underestimate the natural growth and development of a very young side.

Yes, a couple of spots have left but who out of: Brayshaw, Serong, Darcy, Jackson, Young, Chapman, Clark, Johnson, Erasmus, Amiss, Treacy just off the top of my head are definitely going to go ‘backwards’?

Then you have mature but plateaued guys in: Pearce, Cox, Ryan, JOM, Banfield, Hughes

Possible fall off a cliff: Fyfe, Walters

I don’t see as much doom and gloom as others. That’s said I don’t see us contending next year. Finals? Maybe, but it would be more around game style change as opposed to personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back