List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
F1 and 34 for Schultz wouldn’t be a walk away type of ask.

Must be F1 and 19 OR we’ve asked for F1 and an early 2nd meaning they have work to do, which is something they wouldn’t want to do.

Either way, I’m glad we’ve set a price. Their job to pay or not.

If we are going to get McDonald I wonder if the coaching staff will consider to run Treacy as a back to replace the Hamling sized hole we have in our list now seeing as Amiss, Jackson and McD will be in front of him.

Any leading forward that props under the ball would be giving side-eye waiting for the concrete truck to arrive.

I had almost the exact thought recently. Treacy may never get enough ball to be a super effective forward but I reckon wing or half back as a transition kicker & get out of jail mark out of the backline. He marks everything up the ground just gets fumbly near the sticks. He’d be a ferocious defender.

Well damn, maybe we are asking for the F1 and 19 for Schultz...

Funny how we show so much balls for a contracted player but just go to water immediately for a guy out of contract in Henry.
thats not even overs really!! 19 is really a second rounder!!

I literally have no idea what you're saying.
Apollo has been recognized as a god of archery, music and dance, truth and prophecy, healing and diseases, the Sun and light, poetry, and more.

thats not even overs really!! 19 is really a second rounder!!
Sounds overs to me lol

Try and imagine it from Collingwood's perspective.

Like we'd be losing our shit if we had to pay a future 1st and 19 for someone like Schultz.

Apollo has been recognized as a god of archery, music and dance, truth and prophecy, healing and diseases, the Sun and light, poetry, and more.
Apollo can get ****ed.

Well damn, maybe we are asking for the F1 and 19 for Schultz...

Funny how we show so much balls for a contracted player but just go to water immediately for a guy out of contract in Henry.
Because we don't have a leg to stand on re: Henry

Geelong seem to be about to get overs for out of contract Ratugolea though.

Just because they're out of contract doesn't mean you just roll over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My purple glasses have me adamant on 19 and F1 because they want him so badly and we really could (and should) hold him to his contract then maximise next year. Though I expect us to accept some vanilla, meh deal just to get it done and wait for the media to crucify us when he dominates for them next year.
I just feel like if we wanted 19 and F1 it would've been explicity mentioned. I don't think we have the balls to ask for that. It's probably coming down to that 35. Which is a bad deal for us unless they miraculously pull a Geelong (they won't).

Don’t we? Saints have to trade to get him. I honestly don’t understand how we just completely fold on an out of contract player. Melbourne made us pay top dollar for Jackson and Geelong has been mentioned already.

We aren’t powerless here, set the price at 21 and walk away, I’m really adamant that’s not greedy

I had almost the exact thought recently. Treacy may never get enough ball to be a super effective forward but I reckon wing or half back as a transition kicker & get out of jail mark out of the backline. He marks everything up the ground just gets fumbly near the sticks. He’d be a ferocious defender.

Like this idea, could be a great move for Treacy.A mate played with Treacy's father in The Echuca area .His father played a lot in the midfield and was a very decent footballer. Macdonald and Amiss will be a potent forward line so maybe it's the future for Treacy to move down back and give the backline some beast.

Geelong seem to be about to get overs for out of contract Ratugolea though.

Just because they're out of contract doesn't mean you just roll over.
Geelong and Essendon with Esava and Zerk-Thatcher respectively both being traded to Port will be a good litmus test. Port seem to be negotiating reasonably and in good faith, and both teams are kinda taking the piss. Will be interesting to see whether their tactics prove fruitful, detrimental, or just a waste of time.

Sounds overs to me lol

Try and imagine it from Collingwood's perspective.

Like we'd be losing our s**t if we had to pay a future 1st and 19 for someone like Schultz.

Maybe I’m bias… just maybe…

But if we had just won a flag and have a list to do it again, and have a bunch of kids ie Allen, McCrea already lacking opportunities to play,
And the was 18+ & 18+ for Shultz I’d be fine with that.

It would just be more kids who aren’t playing and it’s not like missing out on high end talent either

I just feel like if we wanted 19 and F1 it would've been explicity mentioned. I don't think we have the balls to ask for that. It's probably coming down to that 35. Which is a bad deal for us unless they miraculously pull a Geelong (they won't).

We’ve probably and most likely asked for F1 and an early 2nd rounder for this year.

Pies have stated ‘well we don’t have an early second’

Then we’ve said ‘oh… don’t you’

Then there’s been a 17 second delay as Pies realise what Freo want.

By asking for F1 and an early 2nd we may be offered F1 and 19 so long as we give decent currency back.

All speculation, but F1 and 34 wouldn’t be something g to make the deal ‘on the verge of breaking down’

You guys are still setting yourselves to get burnt on that Schultz trade. It is absolutely a future 1st and 34 tops we are asking for. They don’t want to do the future first because they were burnt on it the last time they did that and the pick can only be better in value than 19.

Anyway now that we've supposedly left it in Collingwood's hands I expect this trade to get done tomorrow, and for F1 + 34. Which is pretty crap regardless, but we're never going to win out of this.
But I don’t understand how we don’t win. We have the valuable commodity.

You guys are still setting yourselves to get burnt on that Schultz trade. It is absolutely a future 1st and 34 tops we are asking for. They don’t want to do the future first because they were burnt on it the last time they did that and the pick can only be better in value than 19.
Does 34 feel like the range at which picks stabilise coz the picks that get swallowed cancel out the # of bids or would picks in that range still go down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back