List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are going to get McDonald I wonder if the coaching staff will consider to run Treacy as a back to replace the Hamling sized hole we have in our list now seeing as Amiss, Jackson and McD will be in front of him.

Any leading forward that props under the ball would be giving side-eye waiting for the concrete truck to arrive.

He didn't emerge late in the season.

I wish the media get things right.
Are we talking about “into the world,” like, from the womb, or “appear as something other than a ball-burning squib who was lucky to get it a handful of times a game”?

Because I rather think he did emerge late this season. Or at least the stats indicate something similar to that.

If we are going to get McDonald I wonder if the coaching staff will consider to run Treacy as a back to replace the Hamling sized hole we have in our list now seeing as Amiss, Jackson and McD will be in front of him.

Any leading forward that props under the ball would be giving side-eye waiting for the concrete truck to arrive.
Cox, Pearce, Ryan, Chapman is enough height in the back line.

If McDonald is coming, then Treacy is going.

I think you are right Treacy leaving If we get McDonald. If he was to go alright down there I would see him as backup to Cox or Pearce
Nobody wants to play in the seconds.

Meek, and Hamling left for opportunities. Treacy would be the same. Too good for the second level but we have best 22 players who are better.

Mega trade:

Herny > 34, F2

Shooter, 34 > Allen, F1

Freo F1, Port F1 > L-Mac

Freo F2, Saints F2 > GC or North highest possible pick > Collard

In Allen, Sharp, Lmac, Collard and some guns Walls grabs with left over picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people think we couldnt play all of Amiss, Mcdonald, Jackson and Treacy? Jackson is basically a midfielder with the ability to ruck. All of them can play!
I think we’re still suffering from ptsd when Tabs, Hogan, Lobb and Darcy tried to squeeze into the forward line a few years ago and the ball was like a yo-yo every time it hit the ground and went straight back to our backline.

I think we’re still suffering from ptsd when Tabs, Hogan, Lobb and Darcy tried to squeeze into the forward line a few years ago and the ball was like a yo-yo every time it hit the ground and went straight back to our backline.
Jackson and Treacy are pretty ground defense. Amiss is not Lobb slow, and Hogan has no defensive DNA.

If we play:
Darcy 75% ruck and 25% bench.
Jackson 25% ruck, 45% Forward, 15% midfield and 20% bench.
Amiss 85% forward and 15% bench.
Treacy 85% forward and 15% bench.
Mcdonald 85% forward and 15% bench.

Darcy and Jackson get less on the field due to roles that are more taxing.

Only 15% of the ground all 5 are on the ground. Also, we could sub one out.

Why are Collingwood even be debating that? They knew they had to give up significantly more than we'd get next year. They're backing themselves in to win the flag again by adding Schultz. If that's the deal then it should be a no brainer for them. Whereas from our side of things an extra year of Schultz is almost definitely worth more than pick 34.
My purple glasses have me adamant on 19 and F1 because they want him so badly and we really could (and should) hold him to his contract then maximise next year. Though I expect us to accept some vanilla, meh deal just to get it done and wait for the media to crucify us when he dominates for them next year.

Cat Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Working Out Of Office GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Frustrated Customer Service GIF

more to come

My purple glasses have me adamant on 19 and F1 because they want him so badly and we really could (and should) hold him to his contract then maximise next year. Though I expect us to accept some vanilla, meh deal just to get it done and wait for the media to crucify us when he dominates for them next year.
I want that deal as well. But we just can’t assume he will get band 2 next year. I read that Essendon paid Gresham just over $700k to get band 2, and it took them a while to get that sorted.

Jade Gresham - 24 Aug 1997 (26)
Lachie Schultz - 30 Nov 1997 (25 - turning 27 in Nov 2024)

I also read that the salary freed up for Schultz as a result of Taylor Adam’s trade was $600k per year.

Schultz is an unrestricted FA - whilst we are eligible for compensation unlike Saints we can’t match the salary and force a trade. Gresham was signed to 3 years with a trigger for fourth. If Schultz is held for the final year of his contract the the Collingwood offer maybe the same as the Essendon-Gresham deal.

I’d want the following:
1. Pick 10-14
2. 19 & F1
3. 19, F2 and mid 30 pick (ie two seconds)

With regards to options 2 and 3 - happy to give them something back like pick 60 (current late 3rd round) or F3.

All this talk of LMac is great, because he is a WA boy and may be heading home….but the player type we really need is a burst mid-forward in the mould of Shai Bolton or a DeGoey, it’s just the price would be huge…

We need the spine to be set first - ie: LMac…so I’m all for him next year - but no way this year…..get the currency and go bang next year.

The next two trade and draft periods are crucial to our longevity of getting to be a contender and maintaining a position to contend, the Tassie team coming in has changed the landscape in 2 years time a truckload.
I’m praying every night that Ethan Stanley is that burst stoppage player we need.

Definitely could work. His beautiful field kicks coming out of defence would be handy

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back