List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are still setting yourselves to get burnt on that Schultz trade. It is absolutely a future 1st and 34 tops we are asking for. They don’t want to do the future first because they were burnt on it the last time they did that and the pick can only be better in value than 19.

Asking for 34 with F1 is like asking for a slice of bread with your lobster. I’d like to think we want more than bread.

It would shock and disappoint me for 2 reasons:

A) surely we’d ask more
B) surely they wouldn’t baulk so much at that ask

Asking for 34 with F1 is like asking for a slice of bread with your lobster. I’d like to think we want more than bread.

A) surely we’d ask more
prepare to be disappointed

Does 34 feel like the range at which picks stabilise coz the picks that get swallowed cancel out the # of bids or would picks in that range still go down?
As it stands, i goes out a couple max, but GC probably break up a bunch more picks on draft night and it falls back. I’d expect us to use 34 to get up the order anyway tbh

You guys are still setting yourselves to get burnt on that Schultz trade. It is absolutely a future 1st and 34 tops we are asking for. They don’t want to do the future first because they were burnt on it the last time they did that and the pick can only be better in value than 19.
we're freo fans, setting ourselves up for disappointment is what we do best

A) surely we’d ask more
I don’t know, I think peeps on here are getting a little bit greedy on Schultz. Out of contract, 19 gets it done pretty quickly for what he’s done I’d think.

In contract, a future 1st plus 34 is the kind of overs we get IMO

Sounds overs to me lol

Try and imagine it from Collingwood's perspective.

Like we'd be losing our s**t if we had to pay a future 1st and 19 for someone like Schultz.
This is actually true and anyone denying it is kidding themselves.
However, I still maintain that a player is worth whatever any club is willing to pay for then if we pull it off, take it and run and don’t look back

It's interesting because F1 on its own is exactly what we'd get next year anyway for FA compo. So no matter what the trade must worth more than that to lift Schultz out of our list.

It would seem we've already deemed 19 to be of less value to us than their F1. So what would it take?

Personally, I think F1 and 34 is probably close. 19 and 34 probably wouldn't get it done unless Walls badly caves (so, you know, every chance). Really it'll most likely be F1, 34 and a swap of late current/future picks skewed in Collingwood's favour that will be a likely trade that gives everyone what they want with enough to save face. I think if F1 isn't involved then we've lost it (especially as 19, even before academy bids, is essentially a second round pick)

F1 and 19 is a pipedream and you're going to be badly, badly disappointed if that's your minimum acceptable standard.

As it stands, i goes out a couple max, but GC probably break up a bunch more picks on draft night and it falls back. I’d expect us to use 34 to get up the order anyway tbh
Makes sense, tho with Gold Coast having no more firsts, it feels like our only real avenue to trade into the first round is a Harley Reid pick trade not going through and North going "What do we do with 15, 17 and 18?" Unless we basically tie the Henry and Schultz trades together to get something like 2 firsts net.

Makes sense, tho with Gold Coast having no more firsts, it feels like our only real avenue to trade into the first round is a Harley Reid pick trade not going through and North going "What do we do with 15, 17 and 18?" Unless we basically tie the Henry and Schultz trades together to get something like 2 firsts net.
Yeah basically. I don’t think WC give a shit about any of those picks in a trade for 1. It’s North trading them to Geelong for 8 we need to be worried about. Surely if not we can get one of them, they don’t need that many picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's interesting because F1 on its own is exactly what we'd get next year anyway for FA compo. So no matter what the trade must worth more than that to lift Schultz out of our list.

It would seem we've already deemed 19 to be of less value to us than their F1. So what would it take?

Personally, I think F1 and 34 is probably close. 19 and 34 probably wouldn't get it done unless Walls badly caves (so, you know, every chance). Really it'll most likely be F1, 34 and a swap of late current/future picks skewed in Collingwood's favour that will be a likely trade that gives everyone what they want with enough to save face. I think if F1 isn't involved then we've lost it (especially as 19, even before academy bids, is essentially a second round pick)

F1 and 19 is a pipedream and you're going to be badly, badly disappointed if that's your minimum acceptable standard.
Alas. Ok I’ll put on my disappointment socks.

And while we're at it, I don't see why Collingwood would even pay the price. Why would they pay 18 + 34 for a player they can get for free in a years time? They're good enough to win the flag without him, and he's still giving them at least 5 years. If I was them I'd keep in contact with him all of next season and back myself in to pick him up next year.

This is actually true and anyone denying it is kidding themselves.
However, I still maintain that a player is worth whatever any club is willing to pay for then if we pull it off, take it and run and don’t look back
Totally, "overs" and "unders" are relative concepts. Each trade can be as unique or as generic as the circumstances under which it occurs. There seems to be a greater number of novel factors influencing trades this year too (the top eight in the draft, GC's academy kids, list spot squeeze, FA CBA fattening, Tassie etc).

A) surely we’d ask more

Should minimum be a loaf

I had to go and look to see what you were referring to with Collingwood getting burnt. I assume you mean in 2020 when they traded their 2021 1st round pick to GWS for 24 and 30.

Which ended up being pick 3 the next year :oops:

I think the story gets worse where GWS put a bid on Reef McInnes before the picks they traded to them, so then they had to move them out to match that bid. Then the adjusted picks went on Poulter and Mcmahon both delisted.

That was a therapeutic walk down memory lane, thank you.

Should minimum be a loaf

Id say bruschetta. It’s dressed up bread.

That’s what the Freo recruiting team will need to do if it is in fact pick 34 + F1.

Somehow dress that pick 34 up so much that it’s hidden from the fact it’s a dog turd pick.

I’m more than prepared to be disappointed. Holding out hope we’ve asked significant overs not smidge overs.

And while we're at it, I don't see why Collingwood would even pay the price. Why would they pay 18 + 34 for a player they can get for free in a years time? They're good enough to win the flag without him, and he's still giving them at least 5 years. If I was them I'd keep in contact with him all of next season and back myself in to pick him up next year.

When I was younger and fancied someone, I’d of course take them out. We’d have a great time. If things went well I’d usually ask for their number and plan to catch up soon.

I wouldn’t wine and dine them, have a great time and say ‘let’s just be friends for a year and then see where we’re at’

If the Pies are into him? Show us!

Because Collingwood would risk another team getting him next year I would think

Because Collingwood would risk another team getting him next year I would think
Yep. Such a dumb argument to say , well wait a year and get him for free.

He could decide to stay.
He could feel disenchanted that you couldn’t get the deal done, and look elsewhere. (See Daniher & Dunkley)

If you do absolutely everything you can, and the host club doesn’t budge, then sure, but to not do your best and risk not getting the player you want altogether? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Don’t we? Saints have to trade to get him. I honestly don’t understand how we just completely fold on an out of contract player. Melbourne made us pay top dollar for Jackson and Geelong has been mentioned already.

We aren’t powerless here, set the price at 21 and walk away, I’m really adamant that’s not greedy

Bloody oath. Henry will play 200+ games for them. 21 is a steal. I’d be prepared to send him to the PSD if we don’t get something at commensurate with his worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back