List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

I still like to think that Tabs can come back and match his 2021 and 2022 form when he was worth 2+ goals a game. He hasnt really played much with Amiss or Jackson up forward so that is a dynamic that is yet to be tested and could work very well for us.

Last year was a write off, but when you have a back injury and you are playing your output is bound to be crap. Fingers crossed that his surgery has worked and a solid preseason sees him play a full year.

From the AFL App

The Dockers are also in discussions with St Kilda on the Liam Henry trade, with future selections expected to be a part of the negotiations. The Saints hold picks 13 and 21, however have been steadfast on retaining those selections separate to the Henry dealings.

I gotta be honest, a forward line with Amiss, McDonald and Treacy rustles my jimmies to no small degree.
Seems too tall with Jackson and Darcy thrown into that mix too.

Unless we legit plan on playing Jackson as a mid/2nd ruck... which I wouldn't mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit like Brockman to the Eagles, he is happy to play in a crap team for the next couple of years and get paid to have stuff all pressure and expectation on his output…
I wanted him at Freo, but when he was adamant it was West Coast, in the sitcho - something going on there with player and manager
People are making too much of this. Brockman to WC has been done for months. Not the trade from yesterday but an agreed contract. It isn’t an issue for Fremantle with a player manager.

Same (as Brockman to WC) likely goes for McDonald and Freo. We have been on this case for sometime.

Has the delisted Free Agency opened up?
Had the wrong year

Wednesday, November 1

• AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences (9am)
Wednesday November 8

• AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes (5pm)
Friday, November 10

• AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences (9am)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes (5pm)
  • Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period Closes –Selections

I still like to think that Tabs can come back and match his 2021 and 2022 form when he was worth 2+ goals a game. He hasnt really played much with Amiss or Jackson up forward so that is a dynamic that is yet to be tested and could work very well for us.

Last year was a write off, but when you have a back injury and you are playing your output is bound to be crap. Fingers crossed that his surgery has worked and a solid preseason sees him play a full year.
If we really are going all in for McDonald, I hope we trial Amiss, Treacy and Tabs forward this year with Jackson and Darcy in the ruck. We need to know if that structure has merit otherwise we’re basically pushing Treacy out the door.

Collingwood and Fremantle are at a stalemate over Lachie Schultz, with the Dockers presenting the Magpies with their final deal ultimatum – centring on a future first-round pick and a pick in this draft.

Collingwood have been prepared to entertain trading their future first-round pick for Schultz, according to a source with knowledge of discussions, but the clubs are at odds over what additional selection might be tied to that. The Dockers have told the Pies the pick they want on top of the future first, with Collingwood spending the weekend considering whether to accept the deal or walk away.

The Magpies had offered pick 19 in this year’s draft as part of a deal, but the Dockers were mindful that pick will stretch out to about 23 once bids for the three Gold Coast players and Western Bulldogs father-son prospect Jordan Croft come earlier in the first round.

Collingwood and Fremantle are at a stalemate over Lachie Schultz, with the Dockers presenting the Magpies with their final deal ultimatum – centring on a future first-round pick and a pick in this draft.

Collingwood have been prepared to entertain trading their future first-round pick for Schultz, according to a source with knowledge of discussions, but the clubs are at odds over what additional selection might be tied to that. The Dockers have told the Pies the pick they want on top of the future first, with Collingwood spending the weekend considering whether to accept the deal or walk away.

The Magpies had offered pick 19 in this year’s draft as part of a deal, but the Dockers were mindful that pick will stretch out to about 23 once bids for the three Gold Coast players and Western Bulldogs father-son prospect Jordan Croft come earlier in the first round.
So we are trying the future 1st and 34. Nice.

So we are trying the future 1st and 34. Nice.
Why are Collingwood even be debating that? They knew they had to give up significantly more than we'd get next year. They're backing themselves in to win the flag again by adding Schultz. If that's the deal then it should be a no brainer for them. Whereas from our side of things an extra year of Schultz is almost definitely worth more than pick 34.

Nothing new on Henry

The classic stand-off, with the Saints eyeing off Henry well before he began to emerge late in the season, and now the Dockers want more for him than St Kilda initially thought he would require. Out of contract, a compromise will eventually be reached, but the Saints are adamant they will not trade picks 13 or 21, with 35 the next available.

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

If we really are going all in for McDonald, I hope we trial Amiss, Treacy and Tabs forward this year with Jackson and Darcy in the ruck. We need to know if that structure has merit otherwise we’re basically pushing Treacy out the door.
Jackson, Treacy, and Amiss are all pretty good on the ground.

Tabs isn't slow either and only Darcy isn't quick.

Plus, you could use the sub.

Nothing new on Henry

The classic stand-off, with the Saints eyeing off Henry well before he began to emerge late in the season, and now the Dockers want more for him than St Kilda initially thought he would require. Out of contract, a compromise will eventually be reached, but the Saints are adamant they will not trade picks 13 or 21, with 35 the next available.
He didn't emerge late in the season.

I wish the media get things right.

Why are Collingwood even be debating that? They knew they had to give up significantly more than we'd get next year. They're backing themselves in to win the flag again by adding Schultz. If that's the deal then it should be a no brainer for them. Whereas from our side of things an extra year of Schultz is almost definitely worth more than pick 34.
Its like pick 16-18 and 34 for an contracted player who will kick 40 goals and defend at an elite level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back