List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewett wanted out and Sydney let him go for a small contract. Dow hasn’t shown as much as Flanders has and is two years older. Kennedy was rookie listed last year so I imagine teams would’ve been able to get him if they rated him.

Flanders will gain more interest then any of those guys have and for good reason.
Hewett was a Free Agent and Sydney could not afford to keep him.
His contract is 4 x 450 (not exactly 'small'), they were unable to match and took the band 4 compo.

Kennedy never wanted to leave Carlton.

Flanders may well gain more interest from other clubs. But a lot of that interest will be due to him being out of contract, and not having got a go until Dew was sacked.

Firstly you get very upset when a personal attack comes your way yet you feel the need to state what I've stated is rude and dismissive. Pot kettle black?
Very upset? No. Just calling out an unnecessarily dismissive post for being exactly that.

It's not exactly conducive to a forum.

Anyways, your reply about me supposedly saying I mentioned I excluded this week's performance sure as hell doesn't state that. Not at all.

It either says you're excluding it, or ignoring it.

I don't mind which way you choose, but logically one or the other must be true. Because you did in fact say Flanders has most definitely outperformed Miller.

It certainly indicates you have not considered it.
Anyways, have a great Sunday.
Thanks mate.

Fogarty is one that is fascinating. His return has coincided with our run of form and his tackling is elite. Is that enough for him to win a new contract?
Lucky for us he fits perfectly into the modern game…

Tackling pressure machine, that can play forward and midfield minutes… Usually reliable taking his opportunities kicking for goal…

Think he has cemented himself in the team…

Think we have some options to trade…

Dow - starting to build “some” currency
Kennedy/Hewett - Can only play 1 in the 22 (our last 6 games have shown this)
Little Durdin - Fallen down the pecking order, offers less than Cuningham, Fogarty, Motlop & Owies
Fisher - Obviously now in the Dow category in the MCs thinking.
JSOS - As great as he’s been for the last few games, he’s never been able to offer forward craft consistently

Are the above willing to be in and out of the side scraping for a spot? Or move on to where they’d get regular game time…

There are quite a few cheap trade options available this year that would better our list… Gold Coast has plenty of them…
Corey Durdin won’t be going anywhere, I’d imagine he is highly regarded and will be strongly entrenched in our current teams plans going forward…

Hewett was a Free Agent and Sydney could not afford to keep him.
His contract is 4 x 450 (not exactly 'small'), they were unable to match and took the band 4 compo.

Kennedy never wanted to leave Carlton.

Flanders may well gain more interest from other clubs. But a lot of that interest will be due to him being out of contract, and not having got a go until Dew was sacked.

Yeh I don’t think that adds up at all.

Third in line behind Owies & Motlop.

Can't play all three IMO.
He’s ahead of Owies, has far more dangerous aspects to his game & can also play a role in the midfield, but that just my opinion…
Loving what Owies brings, smart and great team player, Durds overall has a lot of upside while injuries this year hasn’t helped…

I know it was only one game, but we simply have to keep Marchbank on the list and get his body right. He is way too talented to give up on and does so much for our structure that goes unnoticed.

Never been a question of ability but 53 games in 9 seasons. Time to move on.

If he wasn't a Silvagni where would he be? Bullants?

I am not a huge fan of SOS but even I think that’s a bit harsh. His games against Freo and Port were fantastic. He is clearly a league standard footballer. He can play multiple position also he gives us great options at selection and during games which is important.

I think we were right deferring any decision on SOS until we knew what was happening with TDk hence the news he hasn’t been offered a contract yet. Obviously we do need to make sure his contract isn’t over the top but I certainly think we should be looking to keep him.

I am not a huge fan of SOS but even I think that’s a bit harsh. His games against Freo and Port were fantastic. He is clearly a league standard footballer. He can play multiple position also he gives us great options at selection and during games which is important.

I think we were right deferring any decision on SOS until we knew what was happening with TDk hence the news he hasn’t been offered a contract yet. Obviously we do need to make sure his contract isn’t over the top but I certainly think we should be looking to keep him.

I was joking with that statement. He's clearly at the level. His most recent full game vs Port was brilliant, best of his career by far.

Probably doesn't get a chance to shine in our forward line with two prominent targets. Would get kicked to a lot more if he played at another club.

I'd really like to keep him. I might not have him in our best 22 but he's first in line when TDK, Pitto, McKay or Curnow get injured. Depth is critical for any serious contender, he's about as versatile as it gets, and you know you're getting 100% effort every time.

I’d take Stephens.

Hasn’t come on at AFL level but I was a massive fan of his as a junior.

At 23 he’s young enough for that to turn around.

For a token pick and a next-to-nothing salary, there’s not a lot of downside there.

He’s actually 22 but his progression, game style, strengths and weaknesses are quite similar to LOb, who is a year older, and is someone we all suspect won’t make it.

Maybe a change of scenario helps but I’d be steering clear of him especially as we have Acres, Cottrell, Hollands and Binns who can play the same position he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Membrey would be the perfect addition if we're going to go for a more seasoned ready-made half forward marking option who also kicks goals.... I almost hate it because having played the one game in the reserves because he might be ready4 St Kilda next week.... And he more than often has a field day against us in our past losses against the Saints >>so I would love to have him at Carlton

He’s actually 22 but his progression, game style, strengths and weaknesses are quite similar to LOb, who is a year older, and is someone we all suspect won’t make it.

Maybe a change of scenario helps but I’d be steering clear of him especially as we have Acres, Cottrell, Hollands and Binns who can play the same position he does.

Yes - but he would turn 23 before he plays a game for us. I usually project ages out like that as I feel it's more of an accurate representation.

Tim Membrey would be the perfect addition if we're going to go for a more seasoned ready-made half forward marking option who also kicks goals.... I almost hate it because having played the one game in the reserves because he might be ready4 St Kilda next week.... And he more than often has a field day against us in our past losses against the Saints >>so I would love to have him at Carlton

Ouch (and that's not about the font)....

Turns 30 early next season and has been injured for a lot of this season. I can see the logic but you'd have to think that he might be on the road downhill from here.

Burgess from Gold Coast would be dirt cheap option, for AFL forward coverage and our VFL forward line…

D’Ambrosio would be a good cheap option also, pace and foot skills, Saad clone…

Bryan would be a good ruck option to tandem with TDK
So your telling us you'd move Corey Durdin on, but fill a list spot with Chris Burgess so he can play as a forward for our VFL side?

Our list needs to be overhauled, Owies , Honey, Marchbank, LOB , Plowman, Durdin Sam & Ed may all be let go.
Dow , Fisher perhaps Silvagni to be traded, we need to clear space for the type we need to source.
Martin, Cunners, Docherty MaGov are all not durable players unfortunately and prone to breaking down anytime, next season determine their fate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back