Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember watching a Collingwood game in possibly the season prior to covid. We lost the game. How did we lose? We kept kicking the ball to Darcy Moore.

Four years later….
Yeah the more you watch it, the more it looks the same as it was under teague.

Same ****ing gameplan as well. Kick it high and long

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's disappointing.
Most of us work hard and used to get some enjoyment following our club.
You'd watch the boys work hard and do their best win lose or draw.
It hasn't felt like that for awhile because our club...which has workers like us, just don't bring the commitment you'd expect from high paid dedicated people.
It's disappointing to say the least.
Coaches and players. Do your jobs properly please.
You Voss.
Your job is to bring out the best in the boys. They look miserable and are playing far from their best skills wise. Why?
Brad Lloyd. What has improved under your watch?
If players are injured, DON'T PLAY THEM!!
Crippa...if you don't like the coaching then SPEAK UP!
It's up to all of you to change things cos we as supporters can't.
Play decent football with a style that is pleasing to watch, committed and passionate.
Seriously. This is shite.

Side is just playing scared. It’s really that simple. They hope to win. They hope not to be the individual who loses it.

And the game plan is just a total joke. And it hasn’t changed. At all. Not a bit. Zero. No ****ing change at all. Handball backwards out of packs. Go wide. Go slow. Slow double trams. Kick to double teams. Anyone who thinks there has been a drop of change to game plan since the middle of last year is just looking for something that ain’t there. Since then sides have dropped a man back to double team our bigs and it’s totally killed us. And we have no imagination at all. Remarkably we never drop a spare back. And so our mentally fragile backline just repeatedly leaks goals.

Sam Walsh where are you mate. Wtf is going on.

images

We are no good folks, accept it and embrace the fact we ain't playing finals again this year (or for the rest of time it seems) and you'll be the happier for it.

I know I am

#eco
If we lose to Sydney seconds next week - then we will know.

We’ll as I said in the match day thread we were playing the top side - to restrict them to thirty point win after a disappointing start in the first quarter was quite pleasing - a bit of a tidy up with our disposal and accuracy in front of goal I think you’ll find a lot of improvement to come in the second half of the season - the inclusion of Martin and Cuningham in the next (1 to 2 weeks I believe) will add much needed skill and pace - and as Marchbank got through todays VFL game I’d expect to see him back in 1 to two weeks as well will add a steadying influence in our backline and will release Docherty into a permanent midfield role which will increase our all round flexibility and class around the ground - patience everyone it’s all coming together.

Why did it feel like Collingwood didn’t even reach their best level in this match?

They did for about 10 minutes then put the cue in the rack

Notice a pattern here?

That pattern being the team only putting the foot down when the game is well and truly out of reach.

Only proves my point which I have been holding onto for years.

Carlton and expectation don't mix. Carlton and pressure don't mix.

It's not something this team can address I'm afraid, it is stained within the culture of the environment for decades now.

No matter what personnel walk through the club doors, they are infected. Their history immediately tarnished by a mental virus that lingers throughout the Carlton premises.

The problem is not a team we are dealing with. It is a disease. A parasitic culture of mediocrity, failure and a permanent inability to handle expectation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's disappointing.
Most of us work hard and used to get some enjoyment following our club.
You watch the boys work hard and do their best win lose or draw. It hasn't felt like that for awhile because our club...which has workers like us. Just don't bring the commitment you'd expect from high paid dedicated people. It's disappointing to say the least.
Coaches and players. Do your jobs properly please.
You Voss.
Your job is to bring out the best in the boys. They look miserable and are playing far from their best skills wise. Why?
Brad Lloyd. What has improved under your watch?
If players are injured, DON'T PLAY THEM!!
Crippa...if you don't like the coaching then SPEAK UP!
It's up to all of you to change things cos we as supporters can't.
Play decent football with a style that is pleasing to watch, committed and passionate.
Seriously. This is shite.
I liked Boyd in.

That’ll do for now.

Selection integrity

Not picking Dow is just insulting now. I’m not sure how some firsts players or Voss can look him in the eye

I don’t want to hear he has poor disposal or doesn’t run two ways - I can name ten players in the seniors with the same issue so what the **** have we got to lose by playing the kid.

Same with Kemp

Id it doesn’t work out as far as I can see we are no worse off.

Reward form - send a message if you don’t perform you are our out - if you do you are in. Lift training intensity - make it a competition for spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll as I said in the match day thread we were playing the top side - to restrict them to thirty point win after a disappointing start in the first quarter was quite pleasing - a bit of a tidy up with our disposal and accuracy in front of goal I think you’ll find a lot of improvement to come in the second half of the season - the inclusion of Martin and Cuningham in the next (1 to 2 weeks I believe) will add much needed skill and pace - and as Marchbank got through todays VFL game I’d expect to see him back in 1 to two weeks as well will add a steadying influence in our backline and will resides Docherty into a permanent midfield role which will increase our all round flexibility and class around the ground - patience everyone it’s all coming together.
Who are you and what have you done with Agro?

Notice a pattern here?

That pattern being the team only putting the foot down when the game is well and truly out of reach.

Only proves my point which I have been holding onto for years.

Carlton and expectation don't mix. Carlton and pressure don't mix.

It's not something this team can address I'm afraid, it is stained within the culture of the environment for decades now.

No matter what personnel walk through the club doors, they are infected. Their history immediately tarnished by a mental virus that lingers throughout the Carlton premises.

It's not a team we are fighting against. It is a disease. A parasitic culture of mediocrity, failure and a permanent inability to handle expectation.
Yep mentally weak this team/club

McGovern has been a worse pick up than Daisy …. That’s saying a lot. Has Had about 10 minutes of good football for $750k a year for four years. At least Daisy was unlucky, injured. Never begrudged him, but McGovern grinds my gears. Set himself up and never looked back.

Had high hopes for him this year, how wrong could I have been.

Daisy played a lot of solid footy for us, especially after Daddy Mick got sacked.

Not many injuries, not just a couple out of form players… most of them out of form. Our coaches skill set was supposed to be that of buy in and unity… well guess they’ve bought into whatever this is!

If half this coaching and fitness staff aren’t turned over by years end we’re seriously deluded as a club and administration.

Oh well at least it was just execution… Voss can find a course on how to implement that I’m sure..

The 'stars' are more of a concern, they are all playing like busted asses

Weitering, Cripps, Saad all utterly toothless.

We have some average to poor players but those guys are paid as elite players but look like they're just going through the motions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back