Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Compare the impact of JW against Darcy Moore & they are galaxies apart.

…& our guy was just as good a year ago.

Side is just playing scared. It’s really that simple. They hope to win. They hope not to be the individual who loses it.

And the game plan is just a total joke. And it hasn’t changed. At all. Not a bit. Zero. No ******* change at all. Handball backwards out of packs. Go wide. Go slow. Slow double trams. Kick to double teams. Anyone who thinks there has been a drop of change to game plan since the middle of last year is just looking for something that ain’t there. Since then sides have dropped a man back to double team our bigs and it’s totally killed us. And we have no imagination at all. Remarkably we never drop a spare back. And so our mentally fragile backline just repeatedly leaks goals.

Sam Walsh where are you mate. Wtf is going on.
What dumbfounds me is why teams have more numbers to the ball when they are one short?

Side is just playing scared. It’s really that simple. They hope to win. They hope not to be the individual who loses it.

And the game plan is just a total joke. And it hasn’t changed. At all. Not a bit. Zero. No ******* change at all. Handball backwards out of packs. Go wide. Go slow. Slow double trams. Kick to double teams. Anyone who thinks there has been a drop of change to game plan since the middle of last year is just looking for something that ain’t there. Since then sides have dropped a man back to double team our bigs and it’s totally killed us. And we have no imagination at all. Remarkably we never drop a spare back. And so our mentally fragile backline just repeatedly leaks goals.

Sam Walsh where are you mate. Wtf is going on.
Another one lost to crap game plan. Saad too.
A group of shadows.
Crippa used to enjoy crashing out of packs and going forward. Sometimes kicking goals. He was happy then. That made us happy too.
Remember that?
I reckon he's been instructed not to.
And as posted above, if injured, rest him.

Last edited:
A lot of players woefully below their best, shocking skill execution and decision making and apparently we only have one and a half forwards in our F50 in Charlie and Owies. What are the rest actually contributing in terms of scoring.

I don’t know if the game plan is any good or not because no game plan on this planet could be executed in any kind of meaningful way on the back of this team’s deplorable inability to execute basic football skills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ll as I said in the match day thread we were playing the top side - to restrict them to thirty point win after a disappointing start in the first quarter was quite pleasing - a bit of a tidy up with our disposal and accuracy in front of goal I think you’ll find a lot of improvement to come in the second half of the season - the inclusion of Martin and Cuningham in the next (1 to 2 weeks I believe) will add much needed skill and pace - and as Marchbank got through todays VFL game I’d expect to see him back in 1 to two weeks as well will add a steadying influence in our backline and will release Docherty into a permanent midfield role which will increase our all round flexibility and class around the ground - patience everyone it’s all coming together.

Are you a Chat GTP bot?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly how I expected it to go. They didn't need to get out of 2nd gear after QTR time. Game was done.

Margin was flattering. It was a nothing game for them after QTR time.

Something terribly wrong with this club and not something this club can and will turn around during the season.

We will get 4 or 5 more wins against poorer teams but that's it.

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Could not have said it better

Selection integrity

Not picking Dow is just insulting now. I’m not sure how some firsts players or Voss can look him in the eye

I don’t want to hear he has poor disposal or doesn’t run two ways - I can name ten players in the seniors with the same issue so what the * have we got to lose by playing the kid.

Same with Kemp

Id it doesn’t work out as far as I can see we are no worse off.

Reward form - send a message if you don’t perform you are our out - if you do you are in. Lift training intensity - make it a competition for spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dropping Cincotta for Boyd was also stoopid. Voss is crazy as they say. No idea.

This is how we perform in the game we would've circled as soon as the fixture was released.

Let that sink in

This feels like a 100 point loss.

We circle it…the players don’t because they a scared of the moment….this pack of footballers just want to collect a cheque….I could count 8 blokes who care..

Selection integrity

Not picking Dow is just insulting now. I’m not sure how some firsts players or Voss can look him in the eye

I don’t want to hear he has poor disposal or doesn’t run two ways - I can name ten players in the seniors with the same issue so what the * have we got to lose by playing the kid.

Same with Kemp

Id it doesn’t work out as far as I can see we are no worse off.

Reward form - send a message if you don’t perform you are our out - if you do you are in. Lift training intensity - make it a competition for spots.

Dow with all due respect, would have hardly made a lick of difference today, he has had plenty of chances at AFL level and proven he isn't up to it at that level (a rich man's Nick Graham really)

Agree with you about Kemp though. Should be playing in the seniors every game for the rest of the season.

I reckon the Pies started coasting out of sheer disappointment that we didn't even turn up till the 3rd quarter.

Apart from dragging teams down to our level we just don't have the foot skills or composure in close to beat any sides worth a damn. No pace, no run, no spread and poor skills/footy iq.

You got Pies players laughing at how we kept kicking it to Moore. Football players get bombarded with all sorts of info during the game and somehow "stop kicking to Moore" never made it through to our guys.

Senior leaders have failed once again to step up when we needed them again. Time to fix our development staff and stop pretending that guys like Cripps will be there when we win a flag. Especially if Ed Curnow is considered best 18 and we are hoping the guys made of glass suddenly become able to handle the wear and tear of AFL level footy. Tired of hearing about our "bottom 6" when we go out of way to pick Jsos and Ed Curnow all season. None of our top players bar Charlie have showed that they deserve what they are been paid.

If the midfield is slow and poorly skilled they have to be tough, hard running and disciplined but we aren't seeing that either.

Need to address lack of run, footskills and quality youth coming through in the off season. God I hope we develop Walsh better because we need him to develop beyond a slightly better version of Priddis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back