Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll as I said in the match day thread we were playing the top side - to restrict them to thirty point win after a disappointing start in the first quarter was quite pleasing - a bit of a tidy up with our disposal and accuracy in front of goal I think you’ll find a lot of improvement to come in the second half of the season - the inclusion of Martin and Cuningham in the next (1 to 2 weeks I believe) will add much needed skill and pace - and as Marchbank got through todays VFL game I’d expect to see him back in 1 to two weeks as well will add a steadying influence in our backline and will release Docherty into a permanent midfield role which will increase our all round flexibility and class around the ground - patience everyone it’s all coming together.

Any plan that resolves around Martin, Cuningham and Marchbank playing football isn’t a plan. It false hope.

Starting with Cripps. Seems to be onto his routine of ‘sack the coach’ now too. He’s about to claim his next victim there I reckon. Must be due to walk off the ground again soon. Maybe next week?

If he does the classic BOG after Voss is backstabbed Carlton style I'll spew.

Don't worry I'm sure we'll give the next coach enough time and support to fix our decade long issues surely!

The total lack of self belief in the club was evident when Harry kicked his goal in Q1. He breathed an enormous sigh of relief. Players around him seemed in disbelief. There was nothing expected about it. The pressure has just broken them.

And the coach is incapable of turning it around. Can’t wait for his unconvincing press conference.

Selection integrity

Not picking Dow is just insulting now. I’m not sure how some firsts players or Voss can look him in the eye

I don’t want to hear he has poor disposal or doesn’t run two ways - I can name ten players in the seniors with the same issue so what the * have we got to lose by playing the kid.

Same with Kemp

Id it doesn’t work out as far as I can see we are no worse off.

Reward form - send a message if you don’t perform you are our out - if you do you are in. Lift training intensity - make it a competition for spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1000% this post.

And that is completely on Voss and his selection committee.

Put aside the gameplan, tactics everything else. Thats squarely on a select few who decided in October 2022 Dow wouldnt get a chance no matter what he did.

We are not in a position to waste list spots, or not reward form. Play him for a stretch in his best position.

We cant get worse. Kemp as well.

While we are at it, Kennedy is a mid fwd. This half back usage of him past weeks is folly.

Ed Curnow should not be playing, we should be moving past him

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Starting with Cripps. Seems to be onto his routine of ‘sack the coach’ now too. He’s about to claim his next victim there I reckon. Must be due to walk off the ground again soon. Maybe next week?
If he does he should go as well.

Don’t want to act like a skipper? Cool, **** off.
I’d prefer to get a broken down Joel Selwood out of retirement than have Cripps around after backstabbing another coach.

7 goals ******* 15 behinds now where have I seen this story before?

Every ******* week.

Let it be know that all of our goals were kicked by Charlie, Harry & Owies…

I don’t even want to compliment any player today to be honest, game was done at quarter time.

At least we’re consistent at having the same score line every week.

I swear to any god/universe/whatever that if Dow and TDK are not the first names on the Ins sheet next week I’m off to Mars

TDK - yes he’d offer something different
Dow - who for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our zone set up for the behind is deplorable, they walked it out from our forward 50 every time. Plus the smalls are basically traffic cones and put no pressure on the ball carrier.

Carlton is the only side I see where players running at full pelt just keep running past the ball carrier. Saw all our mids do it today.

Rather chase their man or guard grass instead of just killing the play dead by tackling the ball carrier.

We are a fringe 6-12team, they are a 1-4 team.. the result is hardly surprising and we shouldn’t be over reacting to it.
I am not dramatically upset at the result.

I am livid at the lack of system, skills, cohesion and development. Glad the green shoots in my veggie garden are healthier.

The worst thing about losing to The Shyte is posts like this from excrement that smell even worst

Continue doing same old crap and settle for being crap?

Or suggesting changes that might make us worse or better?

It's too easy to criticise other posters suggestions because nothing anyone suggests to improve the club is going to look all that plausible at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back