Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing that I noticed today we took Collingwoods game away from them by taking shots from long range a big step forward from us imo.

Cannot keep playing Cripps all day in a slow midfield. He looks lost and opposition just run past him.

Remember when Cripps kicked 14 goals in the first 7 weeks of last season and it turned out it was useful to have a dominant clearance midfielder who is 195cm tall and can go forward and be an extra target?

Has now kicked 1 goal in 14 matches, and is a cpmplete non entity in the forward 50.

This playing group is just all in their heads at the moment. Got to start believing in one another and stay present from opening bounce. The pies could have really blew us away in this game but I like that they found something in the second half. A lot more blocks, better communication and the pies couldn’t get the ball out freely at stoppages. If we can bring that mindset into the next game then the reward of the 4 points will be there. It’s been a tough stretch but there’s still plenty of season left. Got to get something out of it.

Probably not deliberately…I’d say he’s confusing them …stupid outdated slow game plan. Most other teams are playing fast footy.

Essendon beat Richmond last night by slowing it down and taking an ungodly amount of marks.

We just don't have the foot skills to do anything close to that. Going inside 50 we don't have a Merrett in our midfield who we can rely on to hit targets.

Apart from ugly one on one footy I don't know what plan suits our list. Don't have the skills and footy IQ to play slow and don't have the skills/composure and run&Carry to play fast.

I watched first quarter and then went for a ride. While ridong it occurred to me that we get worse every week.

Perhaps try not traing for the next month and see how we go

We must be training this s***.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Continue doing same old crap and settle for being crap?

Or suggesting changes that might make us worse or better?

It's too easy to criticise other posters suggestions because nothing anyone suggests to improve the club is going to look all that plausible at the moment.
Nothing we “suggest” or bitch about makes any difference.

Clearly the team is well down on confidence.

What are your ideas on how we can get confidence back?

Also, was Daicos tagged? Didn’t feel like it. Big mistake.

He was. He just played at stoppages and ignored Ed Curnow for the most part.

Tim Watson was pointing out how little Ed was troubling Daicos all game. It got old real fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add Weitering to that list please.

How many can you drop at once?

Silvagni, Boyd, Young, Ed Curnow, McGovern, Motlop & Durdin were horrible.
Silvagni frustrates the hell out of me but he is leading to the man with the ball which is a big plus and Young is the only one taking interecept marks

Remember when Cripps kicked 14 goals in the first 7 weeks of last season and it turned out it was useful to have a dominant clearance midfielder who is 195cm tall and can go forward and be an extra target?

Has now kicked 1 goal in 14 matches, and is a cpmplete non entity in the forward 50.
Sure do. But this must be on Cripps and not the coach. Has kicked 1 goal 8 behinds this year. His goal kicking is horrible and his centre work right now is lazy. Not sure he is Captain material right now and questions should be asked

Essendon beat Richmond last night by slowing it down and taking an ungodly amount of marks.

We just don't have the foot skills to do anything close to that. Going inside 50 we don't have a Merrett in our midfield who we can rely on to hit targets.

Apart from ugly one on one footy I don't know what plan suits our list. Don't have the skills and footy IQ to play slow and don't have the skills/composure and run&Carry to play fast.
I thought * played fast exciting footy. I didn’t think it was slow. I wish we could play like they did.

No inside midfielder as the sub.

• We can only select 2 of - Ed curnow, Cripps, Kennedy, Hewett.

• The game plan isn’t up to it. Fremantle have tweaked theirs the last two weeks. Vossy needs to swallow his pride and change things otherwise the famously gutless Carlton board will end the career of another coach

• If Weitering is struggling, perhaps he needs to take a few weeks off for ‘mental health’ after he was scammed once Durdin is ready.

• Someone needs to talk to Cripps, Saad and a few others and tell them their current performance isn’t acceptable.

• I can’t wait until McGovern and Martin aren’t playing in navy blue.

I think u blokes have missed what happened, doc was going for goal…lost balance as he was kicking & tweaked his hammy.
it did look bad…but not what is portrayed here.
he has kicked big goals from that distance before.
he had Big H 20m away on his Pat.

It was a selfish, brain fart.

He was. He just played at stoppages and ignored Ed Curnow for the most part.

Tim Watson was pointing out how little Ed was troubling Daicos all game. It got old real fast.
Ed played as a ‘cooler’. Latest wank word in the afl. Not quite tagging but not letting him run rampant.

Ed wouldn’t trouble him.

I think the team needs to look at training another tagger because Ed cannot do it forever. Someone younger who can actually keep up with Daicos.

I’m less interested in ‘speed’ and more in being unpredictable. This long down the line s**t is driving me insane.
Yeah ok but I still want fast footy. Footy is supposed to be entertaining. The 666 and being a statue on the mark rules were brought in for a reason. Other sides have clicked and we haven’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back