Preview 2023 Rd 11 Carlton vs Sydney Friday May 26 7:50PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in:-

IN:
Tom De Koning, Brodie Kemp
OUT: Ed Curnow, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated to the starting 22.

Backs:Sam DochertyJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Matthew KennedyHarry McKayTom De Koning
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowLachie FogartyJack Silvagni
Lewis Young

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are missing the main core of the argument at hand here, it isn’t a “Dow” argument, it’s a rewarding good form in the ressies while the seniors play like absolute dogshit week in week out.

Dow just happens to be the best and most consistent player in the 2s at the moment hence him popping up so much around here.

Now, stubbornness is one thing, but if Fish really gets picked for tomorrow I’d be absolutely astonished and it would be the ultimate smack in the face to the rest of the reserves from the MC.

Here’s to hoping JPs source is going off of Charlie’s instagram story only…

it's not just about Paddy Dow, it's about every player on the list, because it's about selection integrity and reward for effort

if you don't have that integrity, it sends all the wrong messages to the entire playing group.
Exactly pity some people cannot see that, not even about him it's about any player consistently performing being deserving of a opportunity.

Not sure the MC would be too concerned if Dow was to get injured. Would save the embarrassment of having to answer questions about him in pressers;)
I have a mental vision of Voss hearing reports of Paddy Dow killing it week after week in the VFL.
"FFS ya little sh1t, 40 possession again! Grrrr, your making us look like fools and we're running out of believable excuses to ignore you".

Rare to non-existent. His kicking is generally poor, rarely in chains, hardly works back defensively
In fairness you could say the exact same thing about many of our 1st 22 players…..including the Captain!

Last edited:
IN: TDK, Dow, Binns, Cincotta
OUT: Silvagni, E Curnow, Hewett, Boyd
What would be the reasoning for dropping Boyd...? First game back in months and thought he had a solid outing especially in the 2nd half. Need his kicking and pace out of the backline imo - was always the replacement I had in mind when Williams went down

In fairness you could say the exact same thing about many of our 1st 22 players…..including the Captain!
How dare you say that…
Sending Off Red Card GIF by Football Australia

*I agree

So you're saying he'd fit in perfectly with our current midfield?

..and looks like he has a bit of speed out of stoppages which we wouldn't either.

I mean it was Voss in the press conference who said 'let's look at what we have rather than what we haven't got'.

Again though - it's about selection integrity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those highlighting that Fisher was spotted at the airport.. our VFL side are also playing in Sydney as the curtain raiser.

I'll hold off on a huge rant about selection integrity until Thursday evening.

Yes we are aware. It's been mentioned several times in this thread.

jpfalvo posted that he heard Fisher would be an in.

I responded to the post & posted a screenshot from Charlie's Insta (Fish & Charlie at the Airport yesterday afternoon)

Nowhere did I say Fish was in!

..and looks like he has a bit of speed out of stoppages which we wouldn't either.

I mean it was Voss in the press conference who said 'let's look at what we have rather than what we haven't got'.

Again though - it's about selection integrity.

I agree - I've made the point a few times. The bigger problem with the non-selection of Dow is what it says to the rest of the list. He's mates with all the guys on that list (Walsh in particular) and they'd all be sitting there looking at the situation and feeling a sense of injustice for their mate who can kill it in the seconds as much as he likes but simply will not get picked. If the match committee can do that to Paddy maybe one day they'll do that to me.

It is such a poor message to send to the whole group - pretty shameful really.

I just wish theyd be honest. If voss (who i support) wants to back in the current group and system to turn it around. Say that. Dont say that its good dow is proving pressure from underneath when freddy (who’s blind) knows he’s not getting picked. Therefore not providing any pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And if that were true when both Walsh and Kennedy were out at the same time Dow would have been picked.

Yes we are aware. It's been mentioned several times in this thread.

jpfalvo posted that he heard Fisher would be an in.

I responded to the post & posted a pic from Charlie's Insta (Fish & Charlie at the Airport yesterday afternoon)

Nowhere did I say Fish was in!
So you’re saying he’s now best mates with Charlie (as Crippa is out of form) & will now be playing this week? 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back