Preview 2023 Rd 12 Carlton vs Melbourne Friday June 2 7:50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Alex Cincotta, Zac Fisher, Lochie O'Brien, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young
OUT: Corey Durdin (knee), George Hewett (concussion), Ollie Hollands (collarbone), Nic Newman (hamstring), Marc Pittonet (hand), Ed Curnow

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringBrodie Kemp
Half-backs:Lewis YoungMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jesse MotlopCharlie CurnowJack Silvagni
Forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningMatthew KennedyAdam Cerra
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellSam Docherty
Lochie O'Brien
Emergencies:Ed CurnowPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Lachie Plowman

Oliver confirmed out- that helps.
Edit- doesn’t help out chances of winning, but definitely helps the viewing as we don’t have to watch him throw it & look at his rude head
Last few weeks some key opposition mids who missed against us:

Zorko v Lions
Treloar v Dogs
Mills v Swans

I wouldn’t be banking on “no Oliver” to help us too much.

To the contrary looking forward to a reshaped midfield without likely outs Cerra and Hewett.

Last edited:

If you build mathematical player based sports gambling models for a living - then it is.

nah, still shit.
Don't care how much maths you use.

and yet so much of your work seems to be informed by whether an anonymous rando reckons a fringe player for a bottom 6 team will get selected.

There is still a glimmer of hope within this team. Maybe all is not wrong like it looks from the outside. When it clicks, because it will, it has to. It is going to be be special. Lets hope its this Friday night!

Get behind the team
Ofcourse it's all not wrong. After all we're only losing by 4-5 goals each week.

We have the talent. Just not the confidence and system.

I don't think we should expect it to simply click though. Voss seems to be a bit stubborn. I think he needs to change things up in terms of team selection and gameplan.

If Dow doesn't play this week I worry for Voss. (Not saying Dow will be amazing, just think he's done more than enough to play). I also think he needs to release the proverbial shackles also.

I honestly dont think it matters who we bring in this week, a change in game style is far more important than the magnets on the board, even if it results in a loss, even a severe loss provided we see some kind of acknowledgment from MV that the game plan needed to change.. if its the same rubbish then Voss may as well pack his bags.

I honestly dont think it matters who we bring in this week, a change in game style is far more important than the magnets on the board, even if it results in a loss, even a severe loss provided we see some kind of acknowledgment from MV that the game plan needed to change.. if its the same rubbish then Voss may as well pack his bags.
Yup Vossy’s intractable & obtuse agree, however considering the intense pressure and speculation engulfing our club at the present, it may trigger some changes in desperation for a win.
Go Blues

Ofcourse it's all not wrong. After all we're only losing by 4-5 goals each week.

We have the talent. Just not the confidence and system.

I don't think we should expect it to simply click though. Voss seems to be a bit stubborn. I think he needs to change things up in terms of team selection and gameplan.

If Dow doesn't play this week I worry for Voss. (Not saying Dow will be amazing, just think he's done more than enough to play). I also think he needs to release the proverbial shackles also.

Honestly if Dow doesn't play this week the club need to come out and announce why e.g. has indicated he is leaving at the end of the year.

Voss just can't keep saying 'he knows why he is not in the side'.

Out: Hollands (inj), Newman (inj), Hewett (inj), C Durdin (inj), Pittonet (inj), Ed Curnow (sub, omit)
In: Binns, Cincotta, Fogarty, Young, Fisher

B: Gov, Kemp, Boyd
HB: Saad, Weitering, Docherty
C: Acres, Cripps, Cottrell
HF: Owies, C Curnow, Fisher
F: Motlop, McKay, Fogarty
Fol: TDK, Cerra, Walsh
Int: Kennedy, Binns, Young, Cincotta
Sub: Dow
Emg: JSOS, Ed Curnow, LOB.

If Cripps fails test, Dow in. LOB for sub.
Young to play fwd/ruck. JSOS to play defence in 2s again.

Edit: updated for Cerra availability

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out>In
Can’t see us having less than 6 changes like most above

Pitto>sos
Durdin>fisher
Hewett>Dow
Hollands>binns
Newman>young
Cerra>LOB
Fogarty sub
Close.

Only changes I'd make to that would be. Cincotta in for Newman. Young may come in for Kemp.

Out - Hewitt, Durds, Newman, Pitto, Hollands, Cerra

In - Dow, Fish, Cinc, Young, JSOS, Ed

Sub Binns/Fog/Lob

We all know that Ed will be in this team and that Doc will be in the middle not defending
JSOS to play back and Young forward Ruck

Cinc - Wieters - Gov
Saad - Kemp - Boyd
Acres - Cripps - Cotts
Fish - CC - Walsh
Owies - Harry - Motts
TKD - Kennedy - Doc

JSOS, Young, Dow, Ed

Sub Binns/Fog/Lob

If Dow isn’t in the 23 we may as well put him on the LTI list and draft someone next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B: Cincotta Young McGovern
HB: Docherty Weitering Saad
C: Binns Cripps Acres
HF: Fisher Curnow Motlop
F: Silvagni McKay Owies
OB: TDK Kennedy Walsh
IC: Kemp Boyd Dow Cottrell

Out: Newman Hollands Pittonett Durdin Cerra Hewett
In: Cincotta Young Binns Silvagni Fisher Dow

Going with 8 defenders like the Westcoast game to allow Young to be backup ruck and Docherty to rotate onball as the 5th mid. Fisher will have to play primarily forward which he hasn't been great at but it's either him or honey.

Pretty hard to see us knocking over Melbourne the way we've been playing, even if with a full list.
Might as well go down boldly and test out a few unpopular one's.

Pitto > Mirk
George > Dow
Ollie > Binns
Newy > Cinc.
Cez > LOB
Durds > Martin/Cunners(whoever is fittest)

I don't think last weeks VFL game against the Swans C grade team is a good reference point, need to reward more ongoing form where possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back