Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sayers appointed Voss and we are in this dilemma, he should have some integrity and step down....monumental error on his behalf....we are cooked any which way you look at it.....this club once again is in complete and utter shambles....Us as supporters have to endure more and more pain for stupid descision made by Sayers. He hires a coach with a pathetic coaching record... We should have seen the writing on the wall missing out on finals last year!!!

Is that you Craig?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have the Scarecrow as a coach.

The playing list playing like cowardly lions.

And the club's powerbrokers are tin men.

We're off to see the wizard.
Nice Wick.
:rainbow:

That's because he ran the way to get the ball and hand it off to Cripps. He was not suppose to do that it was the incorrect running pattern.
On a side note it was refreshingly different having a player read the ruck contest, from what I have seen this year the only player at the club with the ability to do it regardless of who wins the tap.
Dow is the best centre clearance player for our VFL team every week.

Hey, great Voss finally made a move this year but please explain the logic about playing young at full forward next to charlie and mckay in the last quarter.

What clearly doesn’t work is choosing the WRONG coach every 18 months !!
The only thing worse than choosing the wrong coach is doubling down on it.
Anyone care to back the powers that be going forward …

Yes, moronic loyalty isn’t the way forward either.

Either Voss turns the ship soon or he’s out.

He gets caught every week. Tries to run too far too often and gets caught.
I think it’s cause he is one of the few actually breaking the lines and available for a handball receive. He at least tries to make something happen but often gets it in poor positions. Or when he does and looks up, there is no movement ahead of him. Agree he hasn’t been great but think it’s systematic of the “game plan”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dow showed some maturity and guts tonight. I think whoever is coaching the midfield set ups is a boofhead - only slightly below the IQ of the forwards coaching.

This team is being sucked into playing sideways and boundary by an inability to find any room down the middle- open question whether it is structure and/or lack of skill.

It hard to make a decision about game plan versus execution (for me anyway)

No doubt in my mind when Carlton managed to find a loose man in the center - Melbourne shat their pants and we scored. Th better teams find a loose man.

What is clear though is that my eyes preferred watching a higher scoring faster playing more chaos football style than watching this deliberate style which gets boxed into corners and forced into long kicks down the boundary.

A few good passages of play today were through teh middle with AFL quality kicks to blokes that were open - I;'d like to see more of that since the boundary is the natural habitat of all the players VOss is trying to hide and where most of the turnovers and joe the goose easy goals against us originate.

Docherty is a great bloke - he needs a rest and needs to be managed - because he is starting too look old/fumbly and tired as a defender. I counted 4 times he ignored Sad running bye s a receiver - Saad has the correct instincts to go straight through the center he should never be ignored - because his chaos running disrupts defensive set ups and can open up the fat side for us-something which is glaringly missing in our play and has been for too long.

I can feel a tension in the air watching our blokes plod around - Voss wanting to instill more control and precision and having to cop the obvious lack of class required to execute at teh required level to make that work.

More chaos thanks - more kick it to advantageous space rather than short forwards one out against defender two foot taller. Find space Carlton you are being choked to death by teh opposition. -find space and breathe the fresh air is what I would be focusing on.

Sayers appointed Voss and we are in this dilemma, he should have some integrity and step down....monumental error on his behalf....we are cooked any which way you look at it.....this club once again is in complete and utter shambles....Us as supporters have to endure more and more pain for stupid descision made by Sayers. He hires a coach with a pathetic coaching record... We should have seen the writing on the wall missing out on finals last year!!!
I'm pretty sure Sayers wanted Lyon as head coach but was outvoted or told by the board that he had to go the proper process of interviews etc etc which to Lyon said bang it.

I thought tonight's performance was better than last week's by a stretch. I saw plenty of effort and some great signs from players like Harry, Cerra, and Kemp in particular. I still believe that there are quite a few players that aren't AFL quality in that 22 and hopefully we see some moves made over the offseason. I'm not saying that we need another rebuild but we do need to refresh the list.

I expected us to be beaten by a lot more considering the quality of the opposition that we faced. It's going to take more than one game to be able to turn things around. At least we saw something. The rest of the season needs to just be about getting better and hopefully, some of our better players emerge from the funk that they are in. We can wait until the end of the year to make big decisions on coaching etc. Obviously, you can start looking at things that need improving now but remove the senior coach now, no.

I thought tonight's performance was better than last week's by a stretch. I saw plenty of effort and some great signs from players like Harry, Cerra, and Kemp in particular. I still believe that there are quite a few players that aren't AFL quality in that 22 and hopefully we see some moves made over the offseason. I'm not saying that we need another rebuild but we do need to refresh the list.

I expected us to be beaten by a lot more considering the quality of the opposition that we faced. It's going to take more than one game to be able to turn things around. At least we saw something. The rest of the season needs to just be about getting better and hopefully, some of our better players emerge from the funk that they are in. We can wait until the end of the year to make big decisions on coaching etc. Obviously, you can start looking at things that need improving now but remove the senior coach now, no.

It was no different to any of the previous 2 months really.

Swans we actually created more opportunities, blew them and then down to no one on the bench in the last.

Tonight we should of lost by more, beaten more around the ball and Melbourne missed shots etc.

I see no progress being made.

I have a lot of patience as a Carlton fan but once again I couldn't believe the schoolboy errors from Gov. How someone can drop that many uncontested marks is ridiculous to me. I don't mind the odd kicking error but that is too far. Re-sign Kemp ASAP and time to move on Gov.

It was no different to any of the previous 2 months really.

Swans we actually created more opportunities, blew them and then down to no one on the bench in the last.

Tonight we should of lost by more, beaten more around the ball and Melbourne missed shots etc.

I see no progress being made.
The Swans, we should have beaten easily based on the team they fielded, we actually played a good team this week.
I'm sorry that you couldn't see progress, I saw an improvement in effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 12 No end to misery in sight

Back