Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jack SilvagniCharlie CurnowJack Martin
Forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaEd CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsGeorge HewettJosh Honey
Lewis Young

The Ed Curnow hate here really annoys me.

Being a great club stalwart for a long time.

And I firmly believe there is still a little bit of gas left in his tank (and yes this is his final season)

Richmond's flogging last night opens up a (slight) window to playing finals. Why not the MC try use the best/most proven players capable of getting us a win over Hawthorn.

Some posters want to have their cake and eat it too.

Hawthorn beat a strong Brisbane outfit here at the G a few years ago, we cannot afford to take them lightly.

The MC probably dares to dream of still playing.in finals and so do I!!!

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t one of the biggest knocks on Dow been his ability to run defensively? I would argue that playing against a high run and carry opponent is far WORSE for Dow than Fog.

Fog seems to have been picked to replace Durdin/Motlop/Fisher and his ability to spend some time in the middle is a bonus.

Dow is a mid through and through who would probably go to the bench or maybe spend a couple of stints forward.

I still see that as putting a square piece into a round hole.
So you’ve seen his gps numbers?

Isn’t it correct that he went back to the VFL and improved his defensive running to the point he’s regularly running out full games as a midfielder. Racking up 30+ possessions per game? Running both ways?

Wasn’t he played as a defensive player against Rowell where he ran off him, albeit as the sub?

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t one of the biggest knocks on Dow been his ability to run defensively? I would argue that playing against a high run and carry opponent is far WORSE for Dow than Fog.
Fog seems to have been picked to replace Durdin/Motlop/Fisher and his ability to spend some time in the middle is a bonus.

Dow is a mid through and through who would probably go to the bench or maybe spend a couple of stints forward.

I still see that as putting a square piece into a round hole.
Poor paddy dow, he cant get out of this club quick enough
How dare you suggest Dow is hard done by with superstars like Ed and Fog keeping him out of the team. Both run like the wind, rack up mountains of possessions and dispose of the ball with laser-“like 50 metre kicks.

Next minute you will be saying Binns deserves a go.

Last edited:

And I firmly believe there is still a little bit of gas left in his tank (and yes this is his final season)

Richmond's flogging last night opens up a (slight) window to playing finals. Why not the MC try use the best/most proven players capable of getting us a win over Hawthorn.

Hawthorn beat a strong Brisbane outfit here at the G a few years ago, we cannot afford to take them lightly.

It's not hate imo. Think most recognise what Ed has done for the club. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to replace Cottrell with him imo

Chuck Dow on the rookie list for a year like Matt Kennedy and betts. If they can do it for the club so can he.

Why would he bother when we won't play him and why would we bother for the same reason? I'm not sure Dow has any reason to feel indebted to us anymore.

Anyway, putting players on the rookie list is just about managing list numbers these days. Pay is the same as being on the main list. We have plenty of list spots so don't really have a need to do that.

What if he has a great game?...it is possible you know.

The MC whether folks care to admit or not know a lot more than anyone else in the football world on who is right to go and best pick on the day.
If they get it wong a lot they get sacked sooner or later
And it may be Eds last hurrah also but we know he will give all he's got.
Because for starters, he's not the future. We're playing Hawthorn, a team that is currently in the bottom 4 and a team that we should be easily beating. It's a perfect chance to blood someone new or fighting for their career, not someone hanging onto theirs.

And I'm sure the MC do know more than we do but Stevie Wonder could see how far he has regressed this season. Dow has more than earned his chance at a starting gig, but I guess that doesn't count?

Then why are they playing Ed?

Chuck Dow on the rookie list for a year like Matt Kennedy and betts. If they can do it for the club so can he.
Why would Dow do that ..Carlton have treated him like dog shite .. not much more he can do to get a game and still gets rejected .. feel sorry for the kid .. go play for some else and they might reward you with the same opportunities every one on them list gets .. at Carlton if your bro plays in the forward line you will get a game

Paddy Dow is a professional footballer and no doubt well aware of the situation and the whys and wherefores.
There must be something us supporters don't know though.
The reality is some players are just good reserves. And good clubmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss and the match committee need to move on from Ed. He was a serviceable player a few years ago but his time has passed. Did they learn nothing from the exciting football we played 2 weeks ago. Should have given Binns a go and let Dow fight for his spot. Hard to prove you're a footballer when you only get to play 25% of the game.

Ed Curnow has been a good warrior over a long period of time. He deserves some respect. I don't see anyone canning him in here. I see a lot of people canning the MC for this almost ludicrous decision to keep playing a bloke that in all reality should've been delisted at the end of 2021. I venture to say if Charlie wasn't at our club, neither would Ed.

FYI Ed Curnow is not in our best players and he's proven very little this season. Going by your logic he shouldn't be playing.

I think the support for PD is heartwarming.

Paddy Dow is very similar to Nick Graham, too good for VFL level, yet somehow not up to scratch for the AFL ...

Dollars to donuts, I am willing to wager if Dow wasn't another top 10 draft pick we (unfortunately) wasted, we would have nowhere the outrage or emotional investment in the player, whom has had maybe not as many chances at AFL level as most would hope, but shown enough he really doesn't cut the mustard at the elite level.

He won't be at Carlton next year, and I would be very surprised if he plays more than 50 (AFL) games at his next club.

I think Dow will have better 'offers' than either of those two , at that stage of their career's.(Kennedy did finally come good)
He's been our best VFL player for 2 seasons now and totally ignored by Voss.
What does he 'owe' this club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back