Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsSam Walsh
Half-forwards:Jack SilvagniCharlie CurnowJack Martin
Forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayDavid Cuningham
Followers:Tom De KoningAdam CerraSam Docherty
Interchange:Alex CincottaEd CurnowMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsGeorge HewettJosh Honey
Lewis Young

Personally disappointed with the Ed in. Love Ed but not an ideal replacement for Cottrell imo and would prefer Walsh not have to play the wing role. Thought we looked best when he was part of the centre square group. Looking likely TDK will be a late out based on reports and hope Young plays as the primary ruck (with JSOS getting as little ruck minutes as possible). Either way the team listed is still more than good enough to win if we come out with the same attitude as we did against the Suns. GB!

I have no doubt Ed will play HF and replace Cottrell. it's a nothing replacement though.
I would be shocked if we changed our wings from Docherty and Acres.

I have no doubt Ed will play HF and replace Cottrell. it's a nothing replacement though.
I would be shocked if we changed our wings from Docherty and Acres.
Hope not. I really liked Docherty on the wing and think having both Walsh and Cerra at as many centre bounces as possible is critical.

Murphy's selection in his final year, just like Ed's this year, was constantly criticised. And I think you'll find there were more than a few unnecessary and nasty comments thrown at Murphy.
Supporters treat some players like family members. Beyond criticism and reproach.
Others treat them as utterly disposable, completely inadequate.
Murphy’s treatment was a little of column A and a little of column B.
Expectations however were sky high due to his draft position and early career performance.

Totally different scenario with E Curnow. Never been beyond criticism but admired by getting the most out of himself.

Just because supporters go the wrong way about criticising selection doesn’t mean they ain’t right.

Indeed in the Murphy situation, he was a liability at times in his last year. Think some - including me - seeing Curnow the same way this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's so true - an untried binns plus paddy dow would see a ten goal win guaranteed............
We are playing team who have cut to the bone, got beat by 67pts last week against the team we just beat by 59pts and we bring in a 34yr old to be careful.

If we dont win by 5+ goals it is a disgrace.

However, it seems we are genuinely worried about getting beat.

it's so true - an untried binns plus paddy dow would see a ten goal win guaranteed............
It is hardly the point, it is about rewarding consistent performances and looking ahead to next year, both Binns & Dow have been by far our best performers,continuing to play Ed Curnow is just plain ridiculous & continuing to play JSos as a 2nd ruck which everyone knows he is just not up to it.

How about being a little creative & instead of repeating the same things that have failed, actually feel sorry that Jack is being asked to play this role, it takes too long for our MC to see the obvious.

So you’ve seen his gps numbers?

Isn’t it correct that he went back to the VFL and improved his defensive running to the point he’s regularly running out full games as a midfielder. Racking up 30+ possessions per game? Running both ways?

Wasn’t he played as a defensive player against Rowell where he ran off him, albeit as the sub?

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t one of the biggest knocks on Dow been his ability to run defensively? I would argue that playing against a high run and carry opponent is far WORSE for Dow than Fog.

How dare you suggest Dow is hard done by with superstars like Ed and Fog keeping him out of the team. Both run like the wind, rack up mountains of possessions and dispose of the ball with laser-“like 50 metre kicks.

Next minute you will be saying Binns deserves a go.
Bizarrely aggressive response.

I’ve seen little evidence of improved defensive work in the VFL. He’s one of the best offensive mids in the comp down there but I don’t notice him working to get the ball back when it leaves stoppage. And that’s FINE. He’s not perfect, nobody is.

I really don’t think we sent someone to watch Rowell defensively when we were 10 goals up in the last quarter. But if we did and he exploited the fact that he’d spent 65% less of the game on the field then that’s a credit to him.

My least favourite thing about the rabid support of Dow from some on these forums is the need to denigrate or bring down his teammates to make him sound better. I didn’t mention Ed Curnow at all and the discussion around Fogarty was that they see him performing a totally different role, albeit with him chopping out a few centre bounces (nice edit btw)

Nothing to do with “50 metre laser passes” or “running like the wind”.

It is hardly the point, it is about rewarding consistent performances and looking ahead to next year, both Binns & Dow have been by far our best performers,continuing to play Ed Curnow is just plain ridiculous & continuing to play JSos as a 2nd ruck which everyone knows he is just not up to it.

How about being a little creative & instead of repeating the same things that have failed, actually feel sorry that Jack is being asked to play this role, it takes too long for our MC to see the obvious.
Besides possibly Young I don’t know what else the MC can do about the ruck this week.

O’Keefe looks a real goer but he’s averaging less than 6 touches and 1 mark a game in the VFL and he’d be eaten alive in the seniors at this stage.

Gotta say I can't see the logic in selecting Ed.....as a high half forward??? The only ones high are our MC...

I thought it was a good move to re-rookie him at the start of the year as a back-up mid if we were hit by injuries and making a run for the finals - like last year.

But right now we have a full book of midfielders, so I'm not sure why he's actually getting a game ahead of the others. Apart from one game earlier this year where I had him in the votes, his form has otherwise been fairly shizenhouzen.

Poor Ed has done little this year but let him play out his days makes no difference we a long way off - Binns can play out the last 5 games .. hewitt will surely be sub .. we going to prove to everyone foot speed is not imperative to be competitive ..
sad thing is fish has fallen off white board and his magnet seems to have found its way to the black hole ..
Jack as second ruck pitto always injured TDK probably leaving if he hasn't signed post bye think finally have to address the elephant in the room can we afford Grundy ?

Poor Ed has done little this year but let him play out his days makes no difference we a long way off - Binns can play out the last 5 games .. hewitt will surely be sub .. we going to prove to everyone foot speed is not imperative to be competitive ..
sad thing is fish has fallen off white board and his magnet seems to have found its way to the black hole ..
Jack as second ruck pitto always injured TDK probably leaving if he hasn't signed post bye think finally have to address the elephant in the room can we afford Grundy ?
Isn’t Fish injured ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back