Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Melbourne board:

I'm a Magpie and the Dee's got ripped, that was definitely a goal, clear as on the replay.
Games are rigged..as you seen they tried hard to get Geelong over the Line also.
Pathetic umpiring.
Oh how they forget the non-50 to Jack Martin after Gawn kicked it away about 5 seconds after the whistle, or the TWO insufficient intent frees in the last 45 seconds when in most games the umps “put the whistle away” in the last 5mins.

Spare me.

Take your medicine and enjoy it.

Just landed LA, when I left it was 1 goal a piece. First thing I checked on landing (still on the plane) pumped I will read all your comments and posts after immigration I expect details!

Fk mate, I reckon you’ll get through all 900 posts before you get to the front of the queue…spent 90 minutes in q there once

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm a Magpie and the Dee's got ripped, that was definitely a goal, clear as on the replay.
Games are rigged..as you seen they tried hard to get Geelong over the Line also.
Pathetic umpiring.
I’ve replaced the usual two sugars in my coffee this morning with glorious flavoursome salty tears from not just Dees supporters but 75% of the competition!

Pathetic umpiring.

That was probably the ******** pies supporter 2 rows in front of me in the Carlton members that is lucky he got out alive…note to Carlton members, don’t bring your ******** friends/family into the members

Oh how they forget the non-50 to Jack Martin after Gawn kicked it away about 5 seconds after the whistle, or the TWO insufficient intent frees in the last 45 seconds when in most games the umps “put the whistle away” in the last 5mins.

Spare me.

That was unbelievable, went mental at that non 50. Kicked it away well after the free was paid

Spare me.

Not as much click bait in that.

That was probably the ******** pies supporter 2 rows in front of me in the Carlton members that is lucky he got out alive…note to Carlton members, don’t bring your ******** friends/family into the members

I had a Bulldogs and a Bombers supporter next to me in the Carlton members area. Had a Crows flag waving everytime Dees kicked a goal about 6 rows to the right.

Baffling

Just watching the replay (couldn't watch properly last night as the beers were flowing and my Richmond supporting mate wouldn't shut up) and we played really well. To my eyes, we were the better team and probably should've won by more. Credit to Melbourne's defence. They were under immense pressure for a lot of the game. We probably should've made more of our chances inside 50.

Shoutouts to Hollands, Owies and Dow.
Hollands' pressure, tackles, intensity and 2nd/3rd efforts were great.
Owies had some great battles with Lever and made something out of nothing a few times.
Dow was great in the contest. Felt like he had more than 20 touches and 4 clearances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the replay (couldn't watch properly last night as the beers were flowing and my Richmond supporting mate wouldn't shut up) and we played really well. To my eyes, we were the better team and probably should've won by more. Credit to Melbourne's defence. They were under immense pressure for a lot of the game. We probably should've made more of our chances inside 50.

Shoutouts to Hollands, Owies and Dow.
Hollands' pressure, tackles, intensity and 2nd/3rd efforts were great.
Owies had some great battles with Lever and made something out of nothing a few times.
Dow was great in the contest. Felt like he had more than 20 touches and 4 clearances.
Melbourne's defence efforts in those minutes down our end in last quarter were enormous.
One day, they might even be as good as our defence!

The salt mine in the Autopsy thread on the MB is hilarious :laughv1:

This is awesome stuballs 👏👏👏

ezgif-2-28e7d46c9f-gif.1772439

Balance is the most important thing as imo that is what has turned our season around.
I’d go.
Gov for Marchbank
Cerra for Dow
Walsh for Hollands
McKay likely comes in for a small forward which throws things out, probably Motlop.
JSOS, Boyd and Kennedy miss out.
Fisher is one bad game from going out which is harsh.
Hollands getting dropped seems crazy but imo is the most replaceable.
Dow sub.
I'd go.

Gov for Marchy.

Cerra for Dow.

Walsh for Cotts.

Harry for Pitt.

JSOS for Motts.

Bam Bam for Fish.

Dow back to sub.

Boydy, Motts, Marchy, Cotts and Fish as very good depth player's.

Of course it will never get to this, as reality is we will always have some player's injured.

Was great to see Paddy Dow produce another invaluable performance on the night.

I really really want us to re-sign him now.

Crazy to think that after Charlie goalled with 15:42 left in the game, our score was 9-6-60 (to 6-6-42). Joel Smith kicked a goal with 11:23 left to bring Melbourne’s score to 8-6-54. We didn’t score for the last 15:42 minutes left and was only leading by one goal with 11 and a half minutes remaining. We weathered every storm perfectly.

Also, if that was paid deliberate then doesn’t the free kick have to be taken behind the boundary line? Or maybe holding the ball? Both seemed to be called.

I'd go.

Gov for Marchy.

Cerra for Dow.

Walsh for Cotts.

Harry for Pitt.

JSOS for Motts.

Bam Bam for Fish.

Dow back to sub.

Boydy, Motts, Marchy, Cotts and Fish as very good depth player's.

Of course it will never get to this, as reality is we will always have some player's injured.
Are we getting any of these dudes back anytime soon though.
Sceptical about how many we get back and how long it takes them to get back to speed.
Two games plus a final (maybe) . I’m not anticipating much change TBH.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Back