Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously doesn’t matter what Fogarty and Dow do, groups on here will want them dropped…

We were close to full strength earlier in the year when we were on our losing streak…

The lesser likes Cuningham, Fogarty, Marchbank & Dow have come in played their roles and transformed us…

Cerra, Walsh, McGovern & McKay are no brainers to come back when fit…

Fogarty - Actually offers the pressure that people think Little Durdin does…

Dow - offers pace from the stoppage and has allowed Cripps & Hewett to take their 2023 form to a new level…

The old adage, Campion team compared to a team of champions, and all that…

To all you Melbourne and AFL supporters that a will clutch any straw to deny that Carlton are the real deal, including goal umpiring, listen to Simon Goodwin's take. Melbourne lost the game because they had 2 big lapses in the 1stQtr and 1st 10 minutes of the last.
Carlton, instead held a pressure rating for 4 Qtrs.

We didn't give up a 3 goal lead, we only gave up 14 points.
6 from a brilliant goal from one of the best small forwards in the game. And then another 6 stemming from a horrible umpiring decision.

The thing that will improve us in that sort of battle is having H and SOS for the get-out kicks, or being targets on the wing. Charlie looked absolutely spent, and very hard for him to do it by himself, especially in those conditions.
Your observation on H is a good one. I forget which game it was (perhaps Geelong?) where he took some crunching marks down the wing to bail us out of trouble. He’d have been very handy in those last five minutes last night.

Wowee. What a huge win and a huge performance.

Kemp just keeps on improving, TDK is building nicely and Acres has been a fantastic addition. But take a bow Paddy Dow, another great performance from a player everyone had written off. I have no idea where he fits in a healthy list but he's definitely shown he belongs at AFL level.

Your observation on H is a good one. I forget which game it was (perhaps Geelong?) where he took some crunching marks down the wing to bail us out of trouble. He’d have been very handy in those last five minutes last night.
The notion that we're better without H is frankly absurd.

To all you Melbourne and AFL supporters that a will clutch any straw to deny that Carlton are the real deal, including goal umpiring, listen to Simon Goodwin's take. Melbourne lost the game because they had 2 big lapses in the 1stQtr and 1st 10 minutes of the last.
Carlton, instead held a pressure rating for 4 Qtrs.
Yep. He said you have to win the big moments and they didn’t win enough of them.
I watched the replay. In dry conditions we. Win that by plenty.
Not even close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awesome win. So proud. But after watching the Blue Abroad Fan Cams I’m a bit confused as they were talking about how tonight we’ve finally done it and qualified for finals. But from my ladder predictor we still need to win one more game to be guaranteed. Lose both games and we could slip to 9th. What am I missing with the Blue Abroad guys? Isn’t it one week early to be celebrating finally making finals?

GWS play Essendon next week so yes, lowest we can finish is 9th, definitely need one more win to absolutely set it in stone.

I’ll now be very disappointed if we lose any of the next 2 let alone just 1

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s right.
Casboult used to provide that as well and it’s my biggest criticism of Pitto.
We need a get out of gaol big target when we have to go down the line. We just don’t have one atm.

Always new he was a player. I've been so angry reading the nasty comments against this kid. He's worked his freaking arse off. I'm devastated if we lose him.

Yep, you all know who you are…Dows a keeper, been saying all along the last 2 years he’s been treated differently to others and has kept his head up and absolutely worked his arse off in the twos and should have been getting games well before the last few weeks.

Maybe, just maybe, there’s some sort of method to the match committees madness to keep him out and build his hunger levels that high that he just can’t possibly fail…just has to stay in the team

Problem is, it might be out of our hands if he's offered a starting role

He wants to stay, we just need to treat him like everyone else on the list, if you’re not in form then you play twos but if you’re killing it in the twos then play ones.
It’s not rocket science, selection integrity is paramount and the fact that he’s been treated poorly in my opinion and still rocked up and brained them in the twos and now ones is testament to his mindset. You just don’t let those types go

An incredible victory last night given the opposition and our outs. This whole run has been built on grit, determination and character. Our boys don’t give an inch for 4 quarters.

Hewett was phenomenal last night. Cripps’ last quarter was a true captains performance. So many other great contributors on the night.

Will not forget the scenes in the stands when the final siren went any time soon. Incredible.

From the Melbourne board:

I'm a Magpie and the Dee's got ripped, that was definitely a goal, clear as on the replay.
Games are rigged..as you seen they tried hard to get Geelong over the Line also.
Pathetic umpiring.

From the Melbourne board:

I'm a Magpie and the Dee's got ripped, that was definitely a goal, clear as on the replay.
Games are rigged..as you seen they tried hard to get Geelong over the Line also.
Pathetic umpiring.
Did that poster happen to mention Petracca's throw that evened up the scores in the 3rd quarter?
Or the 'dangerous' tackle that lead to the Demon's last goal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Back